What does Veeky Forums think of rugby shirts?

what does Veeky Forums think of rugby shirts?

Other urls found in this thread:

jcrew.com/p/mens_category/polostees/rugbys/rugby-shirt-in-black/H2483
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you don't play rugby or don't have the muscles to fit them, don't wear them.

This, but if you're Australian then you can do whatever

Striped Rugby's are the premier autism shirts. Christ Chan, Jahans, [spoiler] me [/spoiler] all wore them

CWC-core

what makes them rugby? just looks like a long-sleeve polo

The big stripes.

They fit right in with my 70s rock climbing ski bum aesthetic, but I guess I'm not surprised they don't seem super popular here.

I like the aesthetic of different color collar

where to look for a black rugby shirt with a white collar? (preferably without branding.)

Which one are you OP?

What about this?

newfag here is this ironic

yeah, that looks fine, thanks.
where's it from?

jcrew.com/p/mens_category/polostees/rugbys/rugby-shirt-in-black/H2483

Search for New Zealand all blacks rugby shirt.

You need to be tall and fit to pull it off. It's not for the skinny or small statured folk

What does Veeky Forums pair with rugby shirts in terms of bottoms+shoes?
Just ordered this shirt and haven't finalized what im going to wear it with.

Shit forgot to attach the pic.

Obligatory

I saw a guy in a thrift who looked like that. He was totally rocking it.

One of the gayer pics ive seen in a while

Can confirm

I haven't seen anyone who looked good wearing one. Being muscular only makes it tolerable, not good

this one

>those jeans
fucking asos

The buttons are rubber so you dont chip a teeth or rip an ear off when they get caught

Ah, the old "if you're not an athlete don't wear runners" "don't wear your hat indoors, besides, only baseball players can wear baseball caps " "if you're not a goldrush miner don't wear jeans" "berets are for mimes and mimes only" meme. It never gets old.

Don't worry about it, they're just being insecure.

You have to look like pic related

I can see your point and agree to an extent, but some clothing articles do come across as LARPing if you aren't actually affiliated with what that item represents. I was more confirming that Australians can wear this without ridicule because its somewhat of a classic look here.
( was me)

Also rugby shirts (especially if plain) are pretty acceptable anywhere as far as I'm concerned, they look good imo.

Agreed

Isn't that's a cricket shirt tho?
Nothing is off limits, except maybe contemporary uniforms, but even those aren't exempted from appropriation.
Like you said, your reservations are cultural, but culture is never static and is constantly changing. Trying to limit its range is pretty futile and usually relegates you to the gatekeepers club...

Yeah I actually agree with this, I still think most people will look down on you for wearing certain items without belonging to the associated role. Whether or not this bothers you is certainly a big factor here, personally I don't care all that much. But many, especially fashion conscious people, would.

Dark jeans or chinos look fine with a rugby shirt, they can be worn with a blazer over them. Maybe desert boots or chukkas as far as shoes.
The thing is modern rugby jerseys don't look like they used to. In the picture shows how they have no collar, they're made from synthetic material not cotton and tend not to have long sleeves anymore.

It might be just me, but I find them quite hard to pull-off, most of them aren't exactly well tailored for a person of average built.

Yeah all of the new ones look like shit, probably twice as comfortable though, but yeah I was specifically referring to the old long sleeved ones. Old rugby shirts are literally just long sleeved polo shirts.