Raf Simons A/W18

Raf Simons Fall 2018

vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2018-menswear/raf-simons

Get in here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mI2fNAdQewY
barneys.com/product/raf-simons-wool-varsity-patch-destroyed-sweater-504641958.html
polyvore.com/raf_simons_oversized_destroyed_sweater/thing?id=184708556
thecut.com/2018/02/raf-simons-fall-2018-menswear-new-york-show-review.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Has Raf left humanity behind?

Oh, Veeky Forums. Ye cruel mistress.

From the thumbnails, I thought these photos were anime promos.

>implying Raf Simons has been anything but a troll since 2004

lmao

It's all the same shit, and it frankly doesn't look very creative. There are some trousers in there that look fine, but it's hard to pay attention because honestly what the actual fuck were they thinking with the stage design? It all feels tacky.

What does this even mean?

are the white boots just supposed to be fancy bunny boots?

I think the stage design is supposed to look tacky. It’s an ironic drab style. The bread, wine, and flowers are all very dark and warm. It matches with the outfits.

They are bunny boots, but I think these are slightly slimmer and taller. It wouldn’t be the first time he has used them either. Pic is from aw14.

Raf has talent for sure, and he's had some very good showings in the past, but the man has lost his damn mind if that's the direction he wants go

i didn't know he had used them before actually, huh. i wouldn't mind owning a more wearable version of bunny boots, i've always liked them but they aren't very practical

He has put out some Bunny Boots inspired Ozweegos called the Ozweego Bunny. They have the Bunny Boots motifs and come in black. But I think you want something more towards the original Bunny Boot.

youtube.com/watch?v=mI2fNAdQewY

still don't understand the point of these fashion shows

no one's actually buying these to wear, so what gives? is it just entertainment like a day at the art museum?

Thought it was super boring at first, following the oversized business casual dad shit, other than the boots which were good. Then some intersting pieces came, especially that black slim outfit throwback. Overall great mix of things while (loosely) keeping an overall feel, didnt pigeonhole himself into "memewear"

At the end of the day Fashion is an artform/ form of expression.

So yes exactly what you said

>no one's actually buying these to wear
most of the shit shown is normie as fuck and not even hard to wear
look at the individual pieces, you are just taking in the show styling as a "rule" how to wear the clothing or some dumb pleb shit

>most of the shit shown is normie as fuck and not even hard to wear
this is certainly a more tame show, but still look at the XXXL ripped cardigan here no one is wearing that shit

>no one is wearing that shit
it was produced
and it sold
you are wrong
there is nothing to discuss here

collectors and such do buy stuff from these shows

barneys.com/product/raf-simons-wool-varsity-patch-destroyed-sweater-504641958.html
polyvore.com/raf_simons_oversized_destroyed_sweater/thing?id=184708556

it's not even that ridiculous
people get too hang up on the details

Raf is one of the easiest designers to wear. It’s in the sweetspot where it’s not too avant guarde.

But for some people it is like an art museum. Because it’s art.

Absolutely horrible for Rafs standards. It would probably be quite good if it came from someone relatively unknown. The drug references are just plain embarrassing since they are so straightforward and unsubtle; just edgy.

I really liked the previous collection so I'm quite disappointed with this one.

>The drug references are just plain embarrassing since they are so straightforward and unsubtle; just edgy.
ask me how I know you are a fucking retard

When referring to Sylvia Plath do you use her suicide as an object for pop culture?

>The drug references are just plain embarrassing since they are so straightforward and unsubtle; just edgy.
Raf is going for the Off-White crowd

unironically this

you don't get art

some people appreciate art for value other than entertainment (i think)

Art has value other than entertainment? Doubt it /mu/ and Veeky Forums fag here, I think the word entertainment has been perverted for you to mean inherintly shallow, one can be deeply entertained

thecut.com/2018/02/raf-simons-fall-2018-menswear-new-york-show-review.html