How can I tell good quality from bad quality?

how can I tell good quality from bad quality?

sewing

price

smell

experience

looks

You can touch the fabric and tell if it’s trash

Material, fit, stitching.

rick owens, raf simons

Just go thrifting, you'll learn.

When you say to your taylor(not swift)
Excuse me sir, this suit I want it made out full silk please.
And he makes a fine ass custom suit.

Also Heidi Celine mane makes good suits sir.
Best regards,
Lil dick

by reading the material tag

i hardly buy anything polyester or acrylic

i go for 100% cotton, cashmere or whatever

also you can feel it

yeah but how can you say know to a nice fitting acrylic sweater that's on sale for 5 bucks at H&M?

easy peasy OP:
Go to a nice store, one you know you like but cant afford.
Try on different outfits, look for stuff similar to what you already own (same colour t-shirts, sweater, jeans, belt, etc.)
Pay attention to details: how thick, heavy or light is the material, what thread is used for the stitches, how's the hemming, the hardware, etc...
Try to notice how it's different from what you already own, scrutinize your pieces once you're home a notice the designs elements they were trying to emulate and how they might have cut corners.
When the shop clerk inevitably asks you if you need assistance, say you like what you're trying on but that you want it in purple (dont worry they won't)
When they apologize for not having it in whatever extravagant colour you asked, look disgusted and leave.
Then I go to thrift shops and look for these things in second hand clothes.

>by reading the material tag
This is shit advice. Many great fabrics include synthetics. Pls don't give your opinion when you don't know what you're talking about.

This

Go to high end shops (and by high end I mean actual high end), look at and try on a lot of shit without intending to buy anything and ask a shitload of questions to the salespeople (if it is a good store they will be knowledgeable). That's how you'll educate your eye and your taste.

i dont buy anything from h&m cos it's trash

I don't even care to walk into those shops

And that's why you got shit taste

>rick owens
>a fag, married to a magic practising witch

nah man, not for me.

Depends on what it is ...
If it's like leather boots, it should have inner and outer leather, the leather itself should have a "fresh" tangy fragrance that permeates the immediate area. Like if u r driving in your car, once u buckle in , the fragrance of the leather should just gently linger underneath your nose.

elaborate on this

There's no shortcuts, you just have to learn a little bit about what factors go into clothing quality and do some research beforehand on common defects for that particular brand.

I've posted this before, but you posted an H&M picture, so I'll talk about fast fashion for a minute: I have a pretty good denim jacket from Pull & Bear. I happened to know ahead of time that although the fabric is fine and the stitching on their jackets tends to be significantly better than the stitching on their shirts, which last about as long as you'd expect from a typical fast fashion piece (i.e. not long at all, though better than H&M) the buttons are weak points. They're sewn poorly onto the jackets and sometimes are quite literally falling apart, even the supposedly sturdy metal ones - because they were never put together properly in the first place. So at the store I went through each and every fucking jacket on the rack and checked the buttons, and sure enough a lot of them were obviously flimsy, but some were not. If I'd just walked into the store and bought the first thing that was in my size I'd have been very disappointed when all the buttons fell off/apart at the first wash but I did some research beforehand and as a result walked away with what is really a pretty good denim jacket for fucking $30.

I'm not telling you to be a button fetishist and check all the buttons on every garment, obviously. I'm saying, if you want to get decent quality goods from low-to-mid quality brands, do your homework.

racist brand

thats a funny looking man

nice ill make sure to shop there and support the homies

>A small and honest mistake made by their marketing team is racist

Honestly the public outlash was cringey at best. They definitely had no intentions of it being racist.

H&M still makes shit clothes tho

>Avoid synthetic materials like polyester or acrylic unless it's made specifically for physical activity rather than fashion
>avoid fast fashion brands like H&M, Zara, Target, etc
>Avoid any corrected grain, bonded, or """""genuine"""" or vegan leathers
>As a general rule prioritise expensive individual grail pieces over heaps of shitty pieces. But at the same time don't assume price = quality
>Research the individual brands. Look at product reviews, whats involved in the construction of a high quality piece you're buying, etc
>Made in Europe or America is a good start, but also keep in mind this often just means they sourced the materials and most of the construction in China and then did finishing touches elsewhere