ETH holders on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

live.ether.camp/account/304a554a310C7e546dfe434669C62820b7D83490
coindesk.com/leaderless-dao-put-test-following-reported-ethereum-vulnerability/
pastebin.com/CcGUBgDG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does this mean for someone sitting on the outside

Should I be buying eth during this dump? Or is it dead?

Just dont buy it at all

But what if I wanna

>tfw paper wallet

AHHHHH SHAPESHIFT IS DOWN

FUCK

ALL EXCHANGES ARE UNDER ATTACK

FUCKING CRYPTO CRISIS 2016

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKK

Shapeshift is back online.

it still affects you

price of ETH dropping like a rock now

it's over. for Dao. ETH might live but who knows.

watch the leak live.
live.ether.camp/account/304a554a310C7e546dfe434669C62820b7D83490

ITS LITERALLY FUCKING HAPPENING

WOW

It's probably an employee.

3.3 million ether gone. can't wait till the hacker dumps it and price drops even more.

He is already dumping it

no he is not

Don't worry. They fixed this problem days ago through the power of voting.

coindesk.com/leaderless-dao-put-test-following-reported-ethereum-vulnerability/

Can he even cash out without blowing his cover ?

they didn'f fix shit

I think user was being humorous.

i bet you this is it

BUY
ETH
DIP

It makes me laugh when people with zero clue come here and start spouting this bullshit.

The funds are being held in a child DAO for 27 days, as was programmed into smart contracts to prevent an attack like this from draining funds. The 'hacker' (not really a hacker, using a simple exploit we have known about since ICO) has made ZERO money off this and with the soft/hard fork coming up will not be getting access to the ether drained.

Likely the exploiter wanted to prove it can be done and cause a shit storm, which he has done. Possible reasons - to kill ETH if invested in other shitcoins (btc/ltc) or to drop the price of ETH to buy in cheap (highly unlikely as this damage could take years, if ever, to recover)

inb4 buy trump/lisk/insertretardcoin here

To be fair, the hacker probably shorted the fuck out of eth before.

Yeah, ETH did hit a new peak about 12-18 hrs before news of the hack broke.

Huge order just came in on btcmarkets btw. THis is called buying the dip.

They did. There was a huge 3000BTC (2.2mil) worth of Eth shorted on Bitfinex before the exploit

That's not huge mate.

>writes "smart" contract on Ethereum
>is terrible programmer. Writes it with bugs
>it's hacked
>"Well, let's rewrite the history of the entire coin. Cause the DAO is the only thing Ethereum is made for anyway"
>"Problem, non-DAO evangelists?"

fuckin child

People need to stop referring to this person/group as a hacker, it was a published exploit - anyone could have achieved it with basic understanding of the DAO contracts.

Would it be silly to assume they are long term ETH holders and not a fan of the DAO? Seems to be the only reason they would do this willingly knowing they can't actually extract any of the funds.

My theory -
ETH price drops after DAO exploit, they invest a few million and just sit on it whilst BTC slowly dies over the next few years, once smart contracts become wider spread and value of ETH rises they sell the cheap ETH they've accumulated and live a life of excess?

Or alternate theory the exploiter is uber troll and just won the most expensive troll of all time?

No, it was a short opportunity. This has been pointed out in numerous other threads.
Someone shorted 3000btc worth of Eth (2.2 mil) right before the attack.

I have only seen this mentioned on Veeky Forums which has less credibility than Oscar Pistiouris so until I see screenshots/trade orders (I've looked and didn't find) I'm going to remain a sceptical on this.

Attacker is now suing Ethereum. Talk about a smart counter contract

pastebin.com/CcGUBgDG

>calls btc a shitcoin
butthurt nocoiner spotted

Guys, who remembers those ETH cucks yesterday who were saying "It's already recovering again" when it went to 2000 hahahahahahahahahahahahaahha

I remember months of the most obnoxious shrieking of "stay poor!" imaginable. Eth is all over the place right now, it's funny. Mostly headed down overall though, you best believe that.

That's some /b/ tier bullshit. No one is going to buy that crap.

the signature doesn't match

ETH is circling the drain. Get out while you can.

You see a momentary 30% loss

I see 30%+ profit

A lot of money is going toward Waves this week.

I would buy it

Guys, who remembers ETH cucks a few hours ago "it's recovering. too the moooon"

...AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

"DAO, I closely read your contract and agreed to execute the clause where I can withdraw eth repeatedly and only be charged for my initial withdraw. Thank you for the $70 million. Let me know if you draw up any other contracts I can participate in.

Regards, 0x304a554a310c7e546dfe434669c62820b7d83490"