Do you wear cords?

Do you wear cords?

Other urls found in this thread:

moleskin-trousers.co.uk/mens-moleskin-trousers-olive.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

Ye

yes

Yes, a dark brown corduroy sports jacket, sometimes.

Yes corduroy jackets

How expensive should corduroy trousers be? I live in London and some of the good places for corduroy like cordings charge £110 for trousers. I’m on my way to “the cords” store in London as I’m typing this. They charge 120 but they are the only place that have my waist (26”). What separates a pair of corduroy trousers that are £120 from a £50 pair?

Bought corduroy trouser from m&s for £40, only difference in my opinion between these and a £120 one will be overall construction, where the material comes from, material thickness, also whether or not they're hand made will also be a factor for the price

What is the wale of the trousers you bought? I’ve noticed that the places that don’t typically sell corduroy trousers like m&s, H&M etc, only have high wale counts. I prefer low wale, preferably an 8. Would you say it was worth it?

Mine is 11, it's worth is based solely based on personal preference, imo

I know 8-12 wale is good for pants, but what wale count does Veeky Forums prefer for shirts?

I have a cord jacket, hat, and pants

I barely see people wearing it

Look at jcrew in their sale section. I work there and I love the 484 fit and right now they're on sale for pretty cheap.

love cords ,one of my first proper coats was actually my late grandfathers Brown corduroy coat (just in case you were wondering if kind of like a short great coat.)

hell yeah

Bump

Yes.

My Neil Barrett caramel cords have been my favourite pants for years now and I hope it never changes
>I wish I had the jacket to go with it

Should Corduroy have a shine like this or have a more matte look? Or is that not an aspect of overall quality?

Where do I buy corduroy pants I just can't find them for a decent price.

I usually see around 3-4 pairs of cords of various sizes at thrift shops every time I go.

cords are only Veeky Forums if you are a parent dressing your child for their first day of elementary school

I’ve noticed that whenever I spend a bit more on corduroy (jackets £300+, trousers £100+), they tend to have a shine. Cheaper cord pieces do not. I might be wrong but from this alone, I deduce that the higher quality the cord, the shinier it is

I had a pair but they got ripped pretty badly when I climbed a fence to escape a locked park a few weeks ago.
Might get a new pair, but it's all a rather disappointing turn of events really

Dull/matte doesn't necessarily mean cheap, but it is more forgiving on poor quality materials. You can't cheat with lustre/shine: it has to be top quality or else defaults would immediately show.

I used to during my twee boy days. Now its a bit too tryhard for me

In fairness Sparks is ok and was once considered overpriced by pleb primark shoppers.
That said i hate corduroy it picks up dust like nobody's business.

I’m ashamed to say but I bought some tan cord trousers from ASOS. Shit lasted 2 washes and the material fell of the trousers in big balls of fluff.

Moral of the story, buy cheap get shit

I wear a pair of khaki cordurouys to skate. V comfy and dont shred when I fall.

Bought a pair from JCrew and had them tailored. I need to wear them more often

get these if you don't mind finishing the legs or getting your mum to do it
moleskin-trousers.co.uk/mens-moleskin-trousers-olive.htm

Thoughts on this

i have a black gosha corduroy levis trucker and its decent

I have a dark green turtleneck from Uniqlo and some wine red (though they arrived lighter then expected) cords.
Would 574's go well with that fit?

cool, would look better with higher rise jeans, those are ridiculously low rise and there is even an odd gap between jacket and belt

I'm corddin' right now

These look a bit too fitted

I own a pair of brown cord trousers and the right leg keeps twisting, think its a shit stitching job

Corduroy is basically cotton velvet, so it should have a velvety "soft sheen" texture.

nah, it's just the posture
they're actually rather too loose but that's my thing now

id ?