Recently bought a poncho for cheap and I'm planning to wear it instead of a jacket this spring and summer...

Recently bought a poncho for cheap and I'm planning to wear it instead of a jacket this spring and summer. Any tips and fits? How can I be comfy and avoid looking like an autistic sperglord?

I'd probably just stick to wearing it at home

ironically its not something to wear on a daily basis, i got one myself and i never get to use it due to the fact that you look autistic as fuck, however i found that the only way you can pull it off is at house parties

I think ponchos look fuckin sick but I would probably look like even more of an autismo wearing one than i already do :^)

If you're a surfer living on the beach or a hippie living in the countryside you can do it.
Otherwise it's af autistic.

If you're a girl: whatever.

If you're a guy: don't get a wool one because there's no way cum isn't getting on that when guys pump your rump and you don't want to have it dry-cleaned every other day.

would unironically wear these every day if it was socially acceptable

too bad people wearing ponchos is not profitable for fashion companies so they will never do it

I think ponchos are dope but people will think you're autistic if you wear one in public.

You can probably wear one in New York City but I mean in Manhattan where all the designer stores are at.

I found one at Zara. Surprised me, turns out some people were pushing it this autumn. Looks like we're doomed, boys.

As this guy said, if you're a hippie living somewhere rural you can make it work. I knew some hippies who lived in Nevada that would wear ponchos and go to the desert and get stoned.

They are extremely comfy, but you will look really autistic/try hard unless you are a south american native or some shit.

some autistic people are really stylish so maybe that's a compliment?

oh yeah I'm really down to wear some potato's mickey mouse shirt that smells like spaghettios

Do you think a generic brown skin person can pull it off? I am half Filipino and whites mistake me for Mexican all the time.

Ponchos are sick as fuck and not as hard to pull off as people think. It's hard to give advice without seeing the one you actually have but I like to wear mine over a white turtleneck with black jeans, it's simple and minimal enough not to overwhelm with a colorful statement piece but sharp enough it could stand on its own as a good looking outfit. If you're feeling daring you could combine it with some cowboycore belt buckle or something.

Zara had them in stock since at least 2016, they cycle from storage to sale racks each year since no one wants them

Makes sense, the thing is pretty fucking long, no wonder they don't sell. I'm 5'10 and it reaches below my knees.

rate me poncho

I wish capes made a comeback desu

too fat

Ugly as fuck.
You should burn it

don't listen to whatever anyone here tells you about it

I really would like to get a poncho too, but I don't know how I would implement it.

This user has a good idea goingMaybe not necessarily wearing a poncho but something with a similar silhouette might satisfy us.
Or you could buy a poncho and have it adjusted to appear as a more traditional outer layer.

Fuck man I was it was socially acceptable to wear ponchos.

Honestly who we shouldn't care what society thinks since 90% of people don't dress well.
that said you still need to really give it an effort if you wanna pull off a poncho.

It’s cool. But you’re way too fat and way too ugly to pull it off

Wow, rude.

Just true.