I keep compulsively buying 501's expecting a huge 511 dropout to occur but it never happens...

I keep compulsively buying 501's expecting a huge 511 dropout to occur but it never happens. I feel equally silly wearing either cut. What should I do?

>I feel equally silly wearing either cut

why would you feel silly wearing 501s? they're literally *the* original jeans, historically they're the least silly

Are you getting the 501 shrink to fit jeans? Regular 501s keep their shape but 501stf will form to your body after you shrink them down. They're Levis best "mainline" jeans, not counting the Made in America selection

I have several pairs of 501 and 511 jeans and both just arent perfect. I now prefer 513s theyre not too wide not too skinny fit just as expected and just right modern fit. Would reccomend

How's the quality control at Levi's? I've wanted to get a pair, but I keep hearing stories about how wildly inconsistent the quality control is. Like you could order two of the exact same thing and one is great and the other is garbage, it's completely random. Also, how high is the waist on 501's compared to 511's? I've been looking for a pair of high-waisted jeans that aren't Wrangler.

Quality is all over the place I'll be honest. Mostly in 511 jeans. They have insane range. I have 5 pairs or so and theyre all different. 501s are sort of a midwaist jean. They can be pulled up and worn fairly high but not totally high waisted as youd see with older wranglers or slacks. If you dont pull them up however you get a sort of baggy look almost like Jax in Sons Of Anarchy. Granted that probably will change if you shrink them. Ive never shrunk my 501s because I like the raw denim greaser americana look. Hope this helps?

I find 501's (I wear 505's which are basically 501 with a zipper) to be a little baggy. I bought some 511s online to try and damn, they were really tight. I'm going to try a different brand I think. Anyone have experience with the 513?

Me here, so 513 is a good in between? I think I'll try them then.

Holy cow same issue. When I was 22 I was religiously buying 501s.

They are slim in the thigh and straight down from the *actual* knee joint to the ankle. My issue with them is the stretch issue; I'm a 34 expecting jeans to stretch out a little. If the jean doesn't have stretch they will be WAAAY too tight.

Make sure you know your Levi's sizing and the presence of stretch/polyester first

The range depends on the color, darker jeans tend to be cut slimmer even if the style number is the same

I have bad OCD so this stuff drives me insane.

Well that kinda sucks. I wanna get some jeans from them but I don't wanna spend the money and have it be a random lottery. Also, I wanted to get higher waisted jeans, but I don't want them to be baggy. Are the 505's any less baggy, and do they have the same waist rise? And does anyone know how the rise is on the 513's?

513 are very good inbetween and just as you've described in fit but its very important when buying them to opt for the stretch version. Theyre still very decent denim nice and thick while also having a good stretch to them. I've never tried the nonstretch 513s and I dont think I will because the stretch 513s are so comfortable while looking and fitting just right

513: same rise as 511
505: pleasingly higher rise than the others but not a "high rise jean". Don't get high rise jeans if you're skinny it'll give you a flat ass

All I can is that with Levis the 505 fit me prefect in my regular size. The same size in the 511 was extremely tight in thighs and I could barely get the button done up.

505 is essentially the same as 501 just with a zipper instead of a button fly. The rise on 513s is fairly high but not ridiculously so. Honestly /thread everyone. 513 is the best choice now and its not that popular it drives me mad.

505 has a few inches in the seat and thigh than the 501

I sort of hate Levis the brand, I want to get 11 pairs of 513 but I fear Levi's is going to get real political in the future

Brother, we must wear 513. It is god tier. And when we find we have distaste for Levis in the future. We must buy Lee 101 Riders in difficult online sizing

I have two regular 501's and two STF. I kind of prefer the non-STF to tell you the truth. I had one pair of my non-STF's tapered below the knee to 14.5 inches and I like them the most. I might taper the rest of them to 15 inches, which I think would essentially make them 502's? Anyone wear the 502?

>513. It is god tier
>low rise
nah

get ll bean classic fit

501s have changed quite a bit in even the last ten years. The lack of taper in the current fit is a bit of a letdown.

Nice find, user. Do you know if they're baggy at all? I'm pretty skinny.

i have tons of vintage 501s, none of them are really tapered

Hopefully they’re the made in USA. Cone mills closed down

worked at levi's during college until i graduated last year. ama.

what i learned in the year and a half was that levi's quality is shit. every day there would be a customer bringing their own pair of levi's in to compare and there would almost always be a significant difference in length or amount of taper.

I like 501s and 513s a lot.

512s GOAT

not skinny but definitely slim. would look good on skinny legs

The 1947s up until the most current models all had taper. Not a lot, admittedly, but more than they do now.

That makes me sad for real but there is a ton of Levis made in the USA still out now. Also Gap just did a collab with Cone so you can catch that if you want even if the washes are preposterous