“Prior to the Druids Western Europe was undoubtedly inhabited by a squat Mongoloid race”

“Prior to the Druids Western Europe was undoubtedly inhabited by a squat Mongoloid race”
- H.P. Lovecraft

Is he correct? Who lived here before the arrival of the Indo-European stock?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160204150602.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, Europe was mostly inhabited by Anatolian farmers.

Proto-Indo-Europeans might have even been a little Mongoloid looking themselves, their closest modern relatives are Finns.

Supposedly the Basques are a remnant of the pre-Indo-European populations. They don't look terribly different from other Western European peoples.

>Who lived here before the arrival of the Indo-European stock?

1. YOU "ARYAN", NOT "INDOEUROPEAN"; THE FORMER IS A DEMONYM, THE LATTER IS A LINGUONYM.

2. PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL OF THE ARYANS, EUROPA WAS INHABITED BY THE DESCENDANTS OF THE CROMAGNON, AND OF THE NEANDERTHAL; ID EST: BY CROMAGNID, AND NEANDERTHALID, PEOPLES.

Mongoloids didn't look like typical Han chinese in the beginning, but more like something you would see in Kazakstan today.
Like a mix before there was even a mixture. Like pic related.

>1. YOU "ARYAN"...

OBVIOUSLY, I MEAN: "1. YOU MEAN 'ARYAN'"..."

>Who lived here before the arrival of the Indo-European stock?
It could be Squat Mongoloids and he'd still be wrong. Druid show up way late in the Classical Era.

I think he might be referring to the neanderthals, but druids probably arose after the neolithic revolution due to their ritualization of agriculture.

Druid in his time was a term that signified white pagan Europe beyond the Alps.
It was taken very broadly.

Neanderthals were squat but basically the opposite of "mongoloid". If we're to understand that as a description of facial features.

>Taking HP Lovecraft seriously.

I can definitely say that was not the generalized usage, even at the time.

But you know, Lovecraft, so kooky retarded race theories.

I've seen it pop up in writings besides Lovecraft. It was already en vogue during the Romantic era to imagine Europe as ruled by a white robed elite of what looked like mystical neo-Pythagoreans more than Celtic priests.
The occult milieu's of the late 19th and early 20th century had this idea. And no, they weren't insignificant. Many people wish they were, but they had a large following. Just like New Age nowadays is pretty huge, even if spergs would love the West to be a bastion of rationalism.

There's only one race: the human race.

YOU ARE A MORON.

Yeah, like I said, kooky race theories.

>Just like New Age nowadays is pretty huge, even if spergs would love the West to be a bastion of rationalism.
Yeah, and if someone was basing their history on new age beliefs, they wouldn't just be using antiquated terminology, they'd be freaking wrong.

NO U

Indo-European Yamnaya was comprised of Caucasus (Caucasian), European (Caucasian), and Eurasian (Mongoloid) peoples.

The first people who venture into Europe did so from North Africa, through Iberia. The Next group came from North Africa and Anatolia, through Sardinia and the Balkans. The third group came from Egypt or Libya through the Balkans. And the final migration into Europe before Indo-European was from Anatolia, and they spread agriculture.

Also, for all intents and purposes, I believe even the original wave was Caucasian. Mongoloids entered Europe via Proto-Uralic and Proto-Indo-European speakers.

You're wrong in both cases, Europe was ingabited by neolithic farmers and aryan does not apply to all Indo Europeans

This is false, no group came to Europe before the cro magnons Who came from Asia and the farmers Who came from Anatolia, no prehustorical people reached europe from north africa

>You're wrong in both cases...

NO, I AM NOT.

>... Europe was ingabited [SIC] by neolithic farmers...

THOSE NEOLITHIC FARMERS WERE THE ARYANS, WHICH ARRIVED AFTER THE NEANDERTHAL, AND AFTER THE CROMAGNON.

>... and aryan does not apply to all Indo Europeans

AND?

WHAT THE "ORIGINAL POSTER" (YOU?) MEANS BY "INDOEUROPEAN" IS "ARYAN"; THE ORIGINAL ARYANS, WHO SPOKE THE HYPOTHETICAL LANGUAGE THAT WE CALL "PROTOINDOEUROPEAN", ARE THE ONES WHO MIGRATED TO EUROPA, AND INTRODUCED AGRICULTURE, AND IT IS THAT PEOPLE TO WHICH THE "ORIGINAL POSTER" IS REFERRING.

Haplogroup U arrived in Europe 40,000 years ago, present in Iberia.

Haplogroup I arrived 30,000 years ago, present in Finland, Balkans, Sardina.

Haplogroup E arrived 16,000 years ago, present in the Balkans and southern Italy.

Haplogroup J (Anatolian farmers) arrived ~9,000 years ago around 7,000BC (primarily balkans, but as far as central Europe)

All those are prehistoric, btw.

I thought the Aryans only formed a branch of the Indo-European migrations? Moreso, why didn't they carve an identity/culture in Europe like they did in Iran and India?

Why do people think this?

Aryan was only used as an endonym by Indians. Indo-Iranian is the youngest/second youngest branch of Indo-European. The initial migration (Celts + Italics) would have been as many as 1500 years before the Indo-Iranians began to migrate.

calm down nigga

>ahead of his time
please user we need to squabble about race for the next 1000 years at the least. if you come all up in here with your ideals of love and equality instead of our ideals of fear and categorisation then we will be forced to view you as a dumb hippie/hipster/nu-male/millennial.

>I thought the Aryans only formed a branch of the Indo-European migrations?

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DO NOT COMPREHEND?

"ARYAN" IS A DEMONYM; THE ARYANS WERE THE PEOPLE OF THE ARYAN RACE THEMSELVES.

"INDOEUROPEAN" IS A LINGUONYM; AN INDOEUROPEAN LANGUAGE IS A LANGUAGE DERIVED FROM THE PROTOINDOEUROPEAN LANGUAGE WHICH WAS THE LANGUAGE OF THE ARYANS.

>Moreso, why didn't they carve an identity/culture in Europe like they did in Iran and India?

THE DORIANS, THE LATINS, AND THE KELTS, DESCENDED FROM THE ORIGINAL ARYANS; ID EST: THEY WERE ARYANID PEOPLES.

YOU ARE IGNORANT; ABSTAIN FROM SPREADING ERRONEOUS INFORMATION.

Haplogroups mean nothing though, and both Iberia and Sardinia were only populated from Europe in prehistoric times

They might mean nothing but they do give reference for how long regions of Europe have been populated and the spread of migrations.

Europe had several waves of migration before Anatolian farmers.

Yes you are, both annoying and wrong, please consult any modern study on the topic because you clearly do Not know what you're talking about, and the original proto Indo Europeans were the yamnaya, Not the aryans that rederà only to the asiatic info Europeans Who invaded India and the middle east

The cro magnon people migrated from the Levant, Not from north Africa.

Then why call it Indo-European languages? Why not just Aryan languages? I'm confused because in the context of Aryan, it's only used to refer to Iranian and Indian languages rather than ones used in Europe.

>THE DORIANS, THE LATINS, AND THE KELTS, DESCENDED FROM THE ORIGINAL ARYANS; ID EST: THEY WERE ARYANID PEOPLES.
Why didn't they call themselves Aryan like Iranians/Indians?

Go away, ignorant idiots.

>their closest modern relatives are Finns.
Finnish is not indo-european, it seems unlikely to me that the Finns should then be particularly close genetically to indo-europeans

The Basque language is pre-indo-european and may contain some hidden hints as to the societies that were there before but the Basque people have likely mixed extensively with neighboring peoples and therefore look like everyone else around them.
everything you said in that post is wrong. aryan is a linguistic term that used to be interchangeable with indo-european, which is why the nazis picked it up and re-interpreted/misunderstood it. you are using the false nazi interpretation

"mongoloid" is not a valid category

to answer the OP:
the only hints we have are fragments in languages like etruscan and of course the basque language. we really can't tell much about the pre-indo-european populations though

as far as i know there is a debate going on about how indo-european languages spread through europe, particularly about whether it was actually a massive population influx or rather a cultural/linguistic shift only, with more limited genetic impact. there may be new research on this that i do not know

Nice arguments, haplomeme retard

???

Isn't it obvious? Finns

Before hitler PIE was called by Aryan by many linguists.

why is this guy yelling?

>Proto-Indo-Europeans might have even been a little Mongoloid

t. fingol

actually Caucasoid horse chariot PIE the and neolithic farmers replaced mongoloid Finns in Europe

Our model suggests that during this period of climatic upheaval, the descendants of the hunter-gatherers who survived through the Last Glacial Maximum were largely replaced by a population from Caucasoid source

The new data show that the mitochondrial DNA of three individuals who lived in present-day Belgium and France before the coldest period in the last Ice Age -- the Last Glacial Maximum -- belonged to haplogroup M. This is remarkable because the M haplogroup is effectively absent in modern Europeans but is extremely common in modern Asian, Australasian, and Native American populations.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160204150602.htm

Basques, Etruscans, some dark, squat, farming "mother-nature" worshipping fucks from the Near East and probably out from northern Asia too. Most were subsumed and some of their pre-IE hydronyms remain throughout Europe.

that's his schtick, he's been shitposting his pseudointellectual stormfaggotry on Veeky Forums since the board was created, I think he was banned from double4chan or some gay shit like that

Europe was a barren wasteland after the Hyper War.

The remaining Finnos made the land fertile again with the help of the spirits (I mean the spirits of the Lemurians - human spirits can not generate that much life force).

Based Finns.
Jedi Knight > Proto-Ninja fite me

Superior taste.

>It's another 'Veeky Forums applies genetics to ethnolinguistic groups' episode

>THOSE NEOLITHIC FARMERS WERE THE ARYANS
No, those were the Paleo-Europeans, Indo-Europeans came after

>it's another "retard thinks genetics aren't related to ethnolinguistic groups" post

The Swedes actually have the most "native" European genes.

l1 haplogroup.

AUTOCHTHONOUS EUROPEANS —ID EST: *PALEO*EUROPEANS— WERE HUNTERGATHERERS, NOT FARMERS.

EVIDENTLY, YOU ARE TOTALLY IGNORANT REGARDING THE SUBJECT, SO ABSTAIN FROM COMMENTING.

Take a look at the map pictured. The haplogroups pictured do not have any correlation to modern ethnolinguistic groups. At some point in the past, they probably more neatly coincided but after so much mixing between the various peoples of Europe, the genes don't tell the story, their language, religion, and more of their culture tell the tangible side to their ethnicity. There isn't a Germanic/Slavic/Italic/Celtic gene, at least in a modern sense, since someone can be just as English/Dutch/Friscian/Scot as the next even with different haplogroups.

Rei, can you expound a bit more on the aryanid race? You mentioned the latins, kelts, and dorians being aryanid. Where do these peoples come from? What peoples in our current time are (mostly) aryanid? What is the spiritual significance of the aryanid arrival? What distinguishes them from the cromagnid and the neanderthalid?

They do when you look at deeper subclades, R1b-S21 for example is correlated with Germanic people.

Holy fucking shit what is the deal with the screaming tripfag?

« 零 » !Ry9.FWKNDY unlock your fucking caps lock already you fucking ignorant troll.

Do you see anyone else using caps or yelling?

Cut the fucking shit and act like a fucking human being you egotistical pathetic tripfag.

NO ONE IS READING YOUR SHIT BECAUSE YOU ARE A TRIP FAG USING CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME LIKE SOME SORT OF SOCIOPATH

I guess Ghanaian people are related to the Irish since they both speak English.
So are the Phillipinos and Sardinians, right?

Indo Europeans came from ukraine and southern Russia after the neolithic farmers of Anatolia

We have a live one. Get'em while they're fresh

I'm pretty sure that it came in three groups:
Firstly, the native hunter gatherers
Secondly, the neolithic folk who brought with them farming
Thirdly, the dominant Indo Europeans

... You didn't bother with reading any of his posts ITT, did you?

There's a balance to be struck in these things. We recognize that, while brown as fuck most oftentimes, Mexicans are Hispanic. They're culturally akin to Spain. Americans may come from family lines that go to all manner of Latin, Slavic, and Celtic countries but they're Anglo because that's the culture they have.

You can't really say that India is Anglo just because they speak English (which is secondary to other Dravidian and Indo-Aryan) because they lack almost every other thing that makes an Anglo, like dress, religion, and historical settlement.

They're all pretty nonsensical, is that what you're referring to?

Do Ghanaians not have their own mother tongue, then?

Epicenter of R1b-S21 confirmed as Doggerland
we wuz atlanteans n shit

Not really since it's an invented nation not even placed where the old nation of the same name existed.

Well, the different groups of course have their different respective mother tongues.

oh word?