Lynchspo thead

Lynchspo thead

Please post pictures simmilar to David's style
I've always loved this kind of style and I'm starting to change my wardrobe to more stuff like this so any pictures and advice would be very much appreciated!

Other urls found in this thread:

thecityofabsurdity.com/quotecollection/bob.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jDhz198TV0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That style of holding a cigarette looks super awkward.

Didn't really notice

Lynch essentials
>unstructured black blazer
>Solid color (mostly white) dress shirts in broadcloth and chambray
>Stacked khakis and wool dress pants
>black cap toe oxfords, usually 'uniform' style in appearance
>Black suits, (off the rack appearance, full break pants, slim lapels)
>Skinny, solid color ties (mostly black)

It's a simple, yet difficult look to really pull off. He sure does it right though

How get the hair so full and tall though?

have good hair maybe?

>hair naturally sweeps itself back, up and doesnt move in wind

just don't wash it. the natural oils will fill it out

From the David Foster Wallace article about Lost Highway:
>Lynch himself uses the downtime between takes to confer with ADs and producers and to drink coffee and/or micturate into the undergrowth, and to smoke American Spirits and walk pensively around the camera truck's technical fray, sometimes holding one hand to his cheek in a way that recalls Jack Benny. Now 50 years old, Lynch looks like an adult version of the kind of kid who gets beaten up a lot at recess. He's large, not exactly fat but soft-looking, and is far and away the palest person anywhere in view, his paleness dwarfing even the head-shop pallor of the lighting and effects guys. He wears a black long-sleeved dress shirt with every possible button buttoned, baggy tan chinos that are too short and flap around his ankles, and a deep sea-fisherman's cap with a very long bill. The tan cap matches his pants, and his socks are both the same color, suggesting an extremely nerdy costume that's been chosen and coordinated with great care-a suggestion that, with Lynch, seems somehow endearing rather than pathetic. The stiff quality, of his stride and posture suggest either an ultradisciplinarian upbringing or a back brace.

>Lynch looks like an adult version of the kind of kid who gets beaten up a lot at recess

kek

ya. What do you have shitty hair or something?

I want to look exactly like he does

>white shirt
>black suit
>weird hair

done

>Woody Woodpecker and Big Boy
>both have tall Lynch hair

He's a strange cat. He ate at the same Big Boy for seven years.
thecityofabsurdity.com/quotecollection/bob.html

>mfw you can hear his voice through the text

youtube.com/watch?v=jDhz198TV0I

Icon

Incredible.

does he just put gel in his hair and then does whatever the fuck with it

>his socks are both the same color, suggesting an extremely nerdy costume
wot

Read the entire sentence again and try to understand that his tan cap is the same color as his pants AS WELL as his socks.

Pay no attention to DFW.

David Lynch is unbelievably based. What’s his best film? Mulholland Drive for me.

>gel
No. No-one should put fucking gel in their hair. Pomade or wax, i'd quess ge uses wax

I'm still pretty strong for Blue Velvet. The latest Twin Peaks was also good, it managed to have enough of his less accessible style and weeded out the tumblrinas that loved the old series.

i'm partial to Lost Highway.

it's not really

eraserhead is also pretty dope

Blue Velvet for me easy

Elephant Man

how do you go from this to this

bump

>inb4 bad fit
I know, I wore it as a friend moved, as those clothes where dirty anyway. And don't bully my Bosch pls.

David Lynch is recalling a day in 1981 when, he says, he “rescued” five Woody Woodpecker toys that he saw hanging up as he drove past a petrol station.

“I screech on the brakes, I do a U-turn, go back and I buy them and I save their lives,” he says seriously. “I named them Chucko, Buster, Pete, Bob and Dan and they were my boys and they were in my office. They were my dear friends for a while but certain traits started coming out and they became not so nice.”

Looking straight ahead he says with a grim finality: “They are not in my life anymore.”

anyone knows what kind of hair product to use to get hair like him? i got curly/wavy hair though

>thought this was just a made up joke
>it's real
It wasn't until now that I started to wonder if he has mental illness.

Twin Peaks: The Return episode 8

I agree along with part 17

i cried so much

Eraserhead, nothing but Inland Empire comes close
Considering the shit he made in the '80s and '90s I never fail to be surprised by the love he gets. A very flawed catalogue