Will buying a +$1,000 leather jacket make people respect me?

Will buying a +$1,000 leather jacket make people respect me?

I'm not into those, but if I were, I'd be looking for a secondhand one.

Why so salty?

Not being a soyboy will make people respect you.

NO

That's the fucking thing about fashion.

It will only get your game up to a certain point, and no matter how much you spend on clothes and how many items you have, if you are a fucking soyboy beta like me, it won't change anything. You're still ugly and beta.

God help us all.

no

spending money will not make people respect you

Nah, I've got a pretty good one and I'm still the same lonely sad sperg I was.

Didn't buy it tho, stole it from my father, who bought it many years ago and it never fit him.

Anyone can spend $1000+ on a leather jacket pal. People respect what's under the jacket, and no, not your $300 raf shirt.

ignore all these idiots, yes, buy it.
Legit when you have a good leather jacket the way you perceive the world changes man. Also i've noticed that significantly hotter women talk to me when i wear it.

Post one full body shot of you in an outfit you think looks good and we will tell you if you are ready for leather jackets.

Leather jackets are a hard mode fit.

you need to spend at least 5K for any noticeable effect

Is Big Boss' jacket based off of this one?

Lmao thinking of some skinny fat neckbeard trapped inside this like a bodice with awkward bulges everywhere

usually they don't go for something as expensive as balmain, they get a schott or whatever

meant for

spend that 1000 on a personal trainer instead

schotts fit like trash they basically only fit fat boomers with beer bellys

Is that why you own one?

(hypebeasts)

I copped one not long ago. Have been getting laid significantly more often.
feelsgoodfam

no and the leather jacket look can backfire when done wrong

Nope. I used to be that guy in highschool and my first year of university. Nobody ever cared that I was wearing a $400 belt, $700 sneakers, had a $300 wallet, nothing. Nobody who mattered ever gave a single fuck. I kinda left the whole consumerist thing and just went comfy and wore t-shirts without logos and those Adidas tapered track pants perpetually. I also joined the army. I'm not obnoxious about it. I'm not wearing branded clothing or advertising "hey look at how cool I am, I'm in the ARMEE". But when people ask me "What do you do?", I tell them I'm a rifleman and they instantly respect me. It's not something I expected, frankly. But it's interesting nonetheless. My line of work has gotten me more respect from people outside the military, more that anything else I've ever done.

Which jacket is that, not for copping, just want a better look.

Yo guys
Where besides Indian eBay retailers can I get a nice white lambskin or regular thick leather blazer in 3xl/52/62

That man has goals set for himself. I laugh at him, but here I am, directionless. Feelsbad

Dubs and I enlist.

dont fall for the military memes like I did user

Don't listen to Your military experience is what you make of it.

money is just a tool
you can give an idiot 5 million euros, and he will still be an idiot
money has no real value
Knowledge, understanding of things, is what has value
Give the Knowlegable, wise man, 5 million Euros, and he will make 50 million Euros with it, and help/develop other people while he is doing it.

why though, that thing has a belt buckle thinner than dental floss. It will fall apart within one season. yourre paying $1000 for the materials/construction and $4000 for the Name of the Designer and the "right" to have others in your Circle know it is a jacket by that Name. You are'nt paying for the function of a Biker Jacket, you are paying for the "Prestige" of the Designer who made a "Jacket" that "looks" like Biker Jacket. Nothing wrong with that. j/s

Your points are valid, but I think you swung to far into pessimism there. You're also paying for the eye of someone who has an penchant for creating ideal designs for a given context. What makes one artist more successful at getting at an idea, concept, line, feeling etc. than another? That applies just as much to designing leather jackets (and the look as a whole as designed for the runway).

still not worth 5g though lmao

This is delusion. You were ALWAYS, in the Army. You were a Soldier from Birth. You just didn't realize it.

>You're also paying for the eye of someone who has an penchant for creating ideal designs for a given context.
Creating "designs" is one thing. Creating designs for a "Context" is another. You can create "Designs" all day, and all night. Because they don't require an actual Context. They just require a Creator, to Create them. Like God, Creates the Universe. He just Creates it. He doesn't "Think" about "How" to Create it. Or whether this Design feature will "work" or not. He Just Does it.

The Earth, would appear to be an "Ideal" Design, as viewed by the Earthlings who live on it. But given the correct context, the Earth's Design can be seen as a mere "Feature" of the Solar System, and all Stars, eventually burn out, or go Super Nova. So the Design is technically Flawed.

But God didn't Create the Earth, with an Idea in Mind, He just Created it.

>What makes one artist
Art, does not require, a "Context". Art is pure expression. It doesn't HAVE to be that, but that is mainly what the entire point of Art is. Like "Music", Muse, A-Musing, its purpose is to A-muse...Like God, playing with toys, the concept of the Buddha etc. God the Creator, is just "having fun". There is no "plan", or "Thought", no "ideal", or "Idea"
>What makes one artist more successful at getting at an idea, concept, line, feeling etc. than another?
There isn't any real useful Barometer for what is successful, because Art is not about Function.
Clothing, is about Function. Jackets, are about Function. The Function of the Clothing, is what makes it Successful. And this IS measurable. Does the Jacket keep you warm. Yes or No?

One person's "warm", might be different than the next....but ultimately, you can measure someone's body temperature.

>But God didn't Create the Earth, with an Idea in Mind, He just Created it.
God doesn't "Think". He just "Does". If He had to "Think", or "Plan", then that means He had to "Learn" from somewhere pre-existent, or some Higher Authority, "How" to Create it.

Planning and Thinking, are only necessary, when you DON'T know "how" to do something. Or you are un-sure of the successfulness of the Plan/Design.

I'm not sure I follow. Sure, the military has its own culture and lifestyle. Having the personality to fit into the culture and lifestyle is important to your success in the military. But humans are adaptable. You absolutely don't have to be born a warrior type. I'm not even sure anyone is.

Real Soldiers, love War. They love battle. The
"Military" doesn't create the Culture of the Military. Humans do. Humans who like war. If no humans innately loved War, there would be no Military. The "Military" would full of Humans who hated or were indifferent to War, and the act of War. And so, Wars would largely never happen. People don't do things unless they like them.

that jacket is the only respectable piece of menns clothing in their webstore

collections are ok though

when is frank coming back :((

nobody gives a shit about your jacket except maybe if youre going on a first date but even then as long as its not stupid its rather moot

I think your view is entirely too simplistic. People end up in the military for an unbelievably wide variety of reasons. Some join because it's a way out of poverty. Some join because they'll have their post secondary education payed for, with guaranteed employment, some join because it's a way towards becoming an American an American city for themselves and their family. Some want adventure in their lives, to travel and see parts of the world they'd otherwise never see. Some feel indebted to their country and want to serve and other just have a strong sense of duty.

People don't join because "they love war". The military absolutely creates its own culture. That's a large part of each branch's introductory training. It's to adapt you to their designed culture. Indoctrination, if you will.

I can tell you first hand that very few serving members of the military enjoy war. That's an ignorant thing to believe. Fewer people are more anti-war than those who actually have to fight those wars. But we sign up to do so for reasons greater than ourselves.

you gonna make more videos this year?

Hmm?

Do you people really think a leather jacket will make others care any more or less of you? Do you live inside the movie "Grease"?

You just want you ass drilled by your "buddies", right ?

look like such a douche

ok but you lost me in you rnext posts

>LEATHER.

DISGUSTING.

You went deep into 'pretentious art student too high on K to function' territory there.
Here's where the costs come from:
Material sourcing.
Distribution.
Housing.
Factory operation costs in ratio to the amount of product produced.
Overhead in employment.
Overhead in marketing (yes, part of it is marketing, but a lot of high fashion items don't get marketed to shit.)
Mark-up retail.
Mark-up brand.
Mark-up intellectual property.
At the end of the day, items produced in low quantity, with high values associated with the designer behind them, within a mid-to-high scale operation will always have a cost significantly higher than the material cost would lead you to believe.
Small operations with lesser known designers, better suited to one's taste or larger operations, with mass-produced articles, are where the value-to-price ratio becomes more even.

>not going for a $5,000+ bomber instead
Poor people get no respect, user.

Big Boss' jacket is closer to a vanson chopper or a lewis leathers monza

I bet that this thread is bait, but you can buy a vintage one very cheaply