Do you think fur protests have a positive affect on fur sales because it makes fur taboo or more exclusive...

Do you think fur protests have a positive affect on fur sales because it makes fur taboo or more exclusive, raising demand. For example, I walked pass a fur protest a few days ago wearing a fur parka and I found the looks the protesters gave hilarious.

Nobody has given a shit about it since the 80s.

Seen this shit all over since Canada goose blew up

thats the ticket. They bitch and moan, and whats worse they are pussies about it. I was wearing a parka with a FAKE fur trim once and while walking around midtown Manhattan a chick ran up to me, slapped my back and ran away. It was a sticker that said "I wear fur, I'm an asshole".

meanwhile, fashion brands have never had more success selling things with fur. In fact, they now breed mutated foxes that have an obscene amount of fur, making them immobile, locking them in cages. Way to go PETA!

Who fucking cares? Nobody.

obviously this is a bait thread but that argument really doesn't make sense. you're judging PETA by a really weird standard, whether or not they've gotten fur outlawed everywhere. their goofy protests have actually been very effective. lots of elite fashion brands have backed down and changed their policies after being targeted by PETA. in fact, them triggering you and causing you to make this thread is exactly the effect that they intended. that's why they do all of those obnoxious campaigns, to trigger the easily-triggered(you) in order to get the message out

please don't bump though i'm not

Fur is great and I'm going to keep buying it.

If you want to make a change go after the greedy corporations who don't care about cruelty as long as it makes them rich, and the government that doesn't do anything about to stop it.

Saying that PETAs protests have been success is ignorant to say. In the West, the only thing that has happen is that we see fur as a taboo, it doesn't show up as much as it once did. But in other places, mostly in Asia where fur farms have actually adapted and flourished, thanks to shit regulations on "faux" materials in these regions.

"According to Fur Commission USA (2013), the world retail of fur has increased by 44% in the past ten years" -
furcommission.com/farming/production/

this and better genetic tech means more fur for the same amount of real estate on these farms. We can pretend its a non issue basically nowadays, but all thats happened is now the newly rich Chinese buy it all up. And they do not give three shits about anything PETA has done. So no, they weren't effective.

Fur makes half the people in a room dislike you, its straight autismcore at this point. Its like wearing an "im an atheist, debate me" graphic t.

well considering that the general consensus on peta is shit in the children's eyes, your campaign wont last a long time.

Third generation furrier here.

Fur sales are better than ever since the 90s. And the demographic has dramatically changed since I started working with dad. It was all older middle age women and later. Now our bread and butter are mid 20s-late 30s. And a surprising percentage of our clients are men buying for themselves.

Quite a good chunk of our work with the women in their 30s is restyling work using inherited furs to get a more modern look or cut.

Why don't we go after the complacent assholes like you who shit on your own dick and wear coyote fur to forget about the pain of a loveless childhood

>Quite a good chunk of our work with the women in their 30s is restyling work using inherited furs to get a more modern look or cut.

This is so true; I've got leather and fur coats I got as inheritance or bought in vintage stores and the quality pieces age so well, it makes much more sense to get a jacket that will last two lifetimes or more than those horrible cheap vegan "alternatives"... A couple of friends of mine have gotten is inter heads that Gaia will suffer less if they only wear petroleum byproducts instead of natural fibres like me, and they throw their ragged clothes away every other winter

Literally what? They successfully decreased the demand for fur in several countries. The newly-rich Chinese were always going to get into it no matter what anybody in the west did - have you ever fucking been to China, they go fucking crazy for anything that they perceive as a status symbol the millisecond they're able to afford it. Demand was always going to increase globally, but it's still lower than it would have been without PETA's actions.

If they really cared about animal abuse they wouldn't be eating them.

Bunch of hypocrites.

>If you swallow you're not vegan

All I'm doing is buying a legal product. If it's so horrible why isn't it illegal? Wait a decade until animals die from natural causes and sell me that fur for 5x the price for all I care, I'll still buy it.

>petroleum byproducts
Even Patagonia, a company with a raging hard-on for saving the environment acknowledges all of the massive amounts of plastic entering the biosphere as a result of synthetic clothing being washed, and discarded.

Toss a tanned fur coat out into the dump and the only thing left in two years is the nylon thread

>two of the roasties are wearing leather boots
wow rly makes me think

It's probably just some shitty vinyl covered canvas from Target.

You're probably right lmao. I realized this as soon as I posted.