What the fuck am I supposed to do with my hair?

For once in my life I wanted something other than a buzz cut, so I grew my hair out. As of late it has been more or less a disaster, which is unfortunate because I've got 2 years invested in this.

I've never been able to find anyone with hair like me. My hairline is wavy and it becomes more curly the further back you go. Not at all afro textured. As for length, when it's wet it touches my shoulders.

I had originally wanted to go for one of Neymar's straight hairstyles. He's got curlier hair than me, so I figured it would be easier for me to attain it. I tried a flat iron and liked the way it looked, but couldn't deal with the maintenance. I tried relaxing my hair at home and liked how it looked for about 2 days, at which point the texture changed. I kept that up for about a year, re-relaxing it every 2 months or so. I kept cutting the sides and back, and let the top grow out more, just to see what would happen. I haven't touched it in about 6 months. In that time I've either tied it up in the back or wore a hat. Everything else looked terrible. Maybe the repeated relaxing fucked it up. I've got about 3 inches of un-fucked with new growth. I've thought about cutting it down to 3 inches, just to see what I'm working with, but I'm not sure.
So here I am now, on the verge of shaving it all off.

Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BemGfMjDHzY/
youtube.com/watch?v=v-_8aY0-C7I
devacurl.com/low-poo-curl.html
devacurl.com/devacurl-one-condition.html
devacurl.com/wavemaker.html
devacurl.com/curl-maker.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shampoo and condition once every 3-4 days, and when you dry out your hair, use a t-shirt. Also, avoid scrubbing to dry it, squeeze it instead. This is assuming your issue is with how frizzy and messy it looks

I've never tried using a t-shirt, so I'll give that a try. The messy frizz is one issue, but my primary concern is "what style am I supposed to go for?"

It'd be useful to see your face/profile, but curly hair looks pretty good in a bun on a guy, and it holds well because of the texture. Maybe pull a couple of curls out towards the front to make the bun look less uniform

I wouldn't worry about your hair. Your melting face on the other hand...

Also stop being jewish

I really do hate that this is the only picture I could find to clarify, but by "Maybe pull a couple of curls out towards the front", do you mean like pic related?

>Your melting face on the other hand...
I was just born with a melty face. Not much I can do.

nigga you have some wifisfuneral type hair

get a cut like his
instagram.com/p/BemGfMjDHzY/

the bf has hair super similar to urs (except his is black).
he gets the sides shaved, so his hair is almost like a mohawk, and then wears it in a bun or out. u also probs wanna invest in some good quality hair treatment and maybe stop with the relaxing its super bad for ur hair and will contribute to the frizziness/unkempt look. i opt for argan oil - put a few drops on ur hands and then work it thru ur hair focussing on the ends. argan oil saved my bleach-fucked hair

yup. this would probably save it

I've got some argan oil that I stopped using about a year ago because I was fed up, but I'll start using it again.

Is my hair not black? I always thought it was black until about 3 years ago when I noticed that it's got some brown mixed in there.

Embrace that shit op. Get the nasty bits on the tips cut off, should give you more spring by the roots. Wash with shampoo no more than 2x a week if possible. Condition somehow every day. Get the curls wet, condition. When showering do not wash all the conditioner out of your hair (you really just kind of want to cup your hands, fill with water, and bring it up to your head and let the hair just puddle instead of going for a showerhead rinse) and apply any product while hair is soaking wet.

As the other anons said use a shirt instead of a towel. Just pat it dry or wrap it up for a couple min. Use a diffuser, low setting. Also keep in mind that every time you touch your hair when you're out of the shower you create more frizz. NO HATS! (Unless they have satin inner lining)
The curly hair subreddit has decent tips. As for styling you do you, I tend to let mine go everywhere. Pic related but before I started trying it looked like yours. Good luck op

That subreddit looks helpful. I'm slowly reading my way through and I'm going to try the sulfate and silicone free shampoo/conditioner.
Thanks!

Wow those curls are fantastic

I mean kinda like this. Just pretend the hair that isn't in the front is pulled back.

Ayy, MJ. I like it!

Its going to look good on the back side of a gun pointed bbc

post pic of face

My face isn't anything special, embrace the mystery.

Rockin dat sammy hagar look. Makin it look good, user.

>art teacher-core

Shave it off with a shotgun.

youtube.com/watch?v=v-_8aY0-C7I

leave towel on when air drying hair so curls are not as extreme.

Are you supposed to use a leave-in conditioner if you have curly hair? In terms of products, what are you supposed to have?

Products I personally use
devacurl.com/low-poo-curl.html
devacurl.com/devacurl-one-condition.html (I usually just leave some of this in, its the only way I can get good definition)
devacurl.com/wavemaker.html (fingered through hair when its soaking wet)
devacurl.com/curl-maker.html (a final touch up for taming frizz and giving the hair a scrunch.)