Water fast

So im not the most Veeky Forums looking guy and thats mostly because of my weight. So tldr; whats the safest amount of time to do water fasting for? I want to lose weight, currently 80kg, 163cm. I want to lose 10-15 kg and then focus on getting lean muscle. Online it keeps telling me to ask a doctor and stuff but im in aus and im certain the doctor will not help or recommend me to do it.

Just work out the amount of calories you need to eat to maintain your weight then eat below that. No need to torture yourself by water fasting.

How do i do that with traditional food? I have a asian family and its nearly impossible to workout the calorie intake with food like that when its mix with everything..

Just try to figure out all of the ingredients used and then round up the calories and macros just to be safe. You could also try to find the nutritional information for the foods you eat online. Like for example, if you eat (x) Asian dish, try to find that same dish in an Asian restaurant to check the nutritional info. Not that hard user.

what? you cant count calories for pasta and chicken/fish? you must be kidding. also water fasting is in NO means for losing weight, have regular 16-6 hour fasts for 2-3 days than one regular day,also do cardio while fasted and you are gonna be okay

Nice, I was planning to do a water fast for a week or so, Planning to lose weight, good luck user.

What do you mean 16-6 hour fasting user? I dont follow.
its more of the spices and things that are like everywhere like lentlins, creams and things of that sort.

16- fasted
6-eating window

i already did that a week ago, for like 5 days. Didnt see any result, i did it with a mix of keto, so no carbs. My eating window was actually only 1 hour. I did notice my skin getting alot smoother because i drank alot of water but no difference of weight as far as i can tell. Do you suggest me just conitnuing it? I stopped because i didn’t want to stick to keto but the diet itself i didn’t mind.

you're retarded for trying to fast you're way into not being fat, that is unless you plan to abstain from water forever

The problem is your body kind of switched to a survival state i think so it burned your muscles and held into as much carbs as possible to be alive because it had to survive on meals consumed in an hour. dont go HAM, 16 fasted and 6 eating is completely fine, you shouldn't rush losing weight because you are gonna yo-yo back in no time. takes as least 2 weeks for anything to show regarding your body, weight, muscle mass, strength, whatever. but after 2-3 weeks you can notice massive change

Don’t water fast and don’t skip a meal with your family. They will think something is mentally wrong with you and freak out or something. Or if you water fast for a while then you will more than likely yo-yo and gain a bunch of weight back.

I say that there is no need to count calories. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the amount of food that you ingest versus the amount of food that you burn. This is obviously different if you are trying to build muscle, but for losing fat it is that simple.

If your family always eats off larger plates, then switch to a small plate and make it look like pic related. If something is missing from the plate, then you can more than likely find it in the frozen food aisle. Counting calories can easily turn into a cluster fuck if you live in a household that is hell bent on eating something other than the menu that you may fix for yourself. Cut out sugary drinks and fast food.

If you are serious about water fasting you could probably get by for weeks without eating. 80kg at 163cm is fat as fuck. Start slow fast for two days then have a day with one meal. Lots of vegetables and a bit of protein 4:1 ratio. Mostly so your fat ass doesn’t get constipated. Then go on another fast for a little longer. You’re pretty fat already so you will want to fast as long as you can. The one thing that will hold you back is getting enough electrolytes in your body. Mix a bottle of water with a table spoon of Himalayan pink salt and a table spoon of potassium chloride. You can find it under the salt substitutes in the grocery store. You should SIP on this throughout the day to restore the electrolytes you’ll be pissing out. Don’t chug it or gulp it down or you will end up getting the runs and shitting your brains out. If you don’t drink your electrolytes you will feel like shit, get headaches, and potentially faint. The most important thing to remember is do not eat or drink anything other than the water mixture for the duration of your fast or you will fuck up. Eating anything will cause a spike in insulin and will stop your body from consuming its own fat and excess protein while also making you feel ravenously hungry. When you finish fasting don’t stuff your face full of food like the fat fuck you already are stick to 4:1 vegetable to protein ratio and slowly incorporate more food and carbs back into your diet. You don’t have any muscle to lose so don’t worry about losing any muscle on your fast just worry about not being a fat fuck

water fasting won't make you less of a manlet but it will ensure that natural selection is taking it's course

My buddy did a two month water fast and he lost a fuck ton of weight. He went from fat to pretty normal.

Water fasting is proven to be easier than caloric deficit.
If you still eat calories ghrelin is still going to be secreted, straight up fasting lowers your ghrelin the more you fast.

>Water fasting is proven to be easier than caloric deficit.
>proven
can't wait for thinspo fags to die of malnutrition

i think ill stick to fasting, they never mind me trying tolose weight.
see i want to stick to water fasting/keto for months but from what i hear, transitaning into a normal diet after keto/fasting will just cause me to gain weight again. Or atleast trying to have a normal diet will, and that is what turns it off for me. Im all for portion control but i thought i’d do keto for few months hell even years and then go back to having a normal routine.

Eat smaller portions and get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. You don't even need to join a gym, do calisthenics or even just take a brisk walk.
>t. lost 80 lbs without meme diets or fasting

I'm not that guy but, water fasting is actually one of the healthiest things you could do, read up on autophagy

A small amount of intermittent fasting is enough to cause autophagy, not multiple day long water fasts like these unhealthy mentally ill thinspo fags are doing

agreed, but a long term fast (about a week or 2) every once in a while is great