What wedding bands are Veeky Forums approved? Gold, imo, is ugly. I'm thinking some sort of wood or dark metal

What wedding bands are Veeky Forums approved? Gold, imo, is ugly. I'm thinking some sort of wood or dark metal.

That looks disgusting.
Gold is timeless, elegant, and versatile

haha sounds like some reddit 2013 shit

maybe look for white gold or platinium if you don't like gold?

Tungsten is the only acceptable choice for a male. Tell your girl to get you a tungsten band or none at all.

On the flip side, stop buying girls boring diamonds. Get her a gemstone and she'll be different and unique and Veeky Forums as fuck. All the girls with diamonds will be asking about it

Platinum is the way to go. Its Expensive but not flashy like gold.
Titanium is a cheap, no flashy wedding ring. You can lie and the average person will think its platinum.
The Ring in the picture is fucking disgusting and you should be ashamed for liking it.

Platinum only answer

When my grandfather remaried a few years ago, they both got wedding rings made out of meteorite,( I forget the exact name) since they’re both science teachers. They look pretty awesome desu

I'm kind of between gold and platinum. My girlfriend is getting a platinum ring, but I think yellow gold is pretty nice too and I already sometimes wear a gold watch and I don't think it's too flashy or feminine or whatever.

That ring looks tacky though, I guess whatever metal you like is fine but I would stick to a plain or really simple band.

Are you guys seriously fucking kidding me right now?

The most Veeky Forums is no ring on the finger, fuck marriage.

You're chasmic need for being special is so strong that you've convinced yourself that gold is ugly. Holy fuck man that is next level; you're like the supermassive blackhole of contrarianism.

>tacky weird yellow color
>not ugly

the materials look exactly like all the horrible furniture in the "good room" of my great grandmother's shitty working class dundee bungalow 10 years ago

marriage is not effay.

Anything other than plain yellow gold or white gold/platinum is tacky and/or fedora-tier.
A marriage is meant to be until you literally die, your fashion is going to go through decades of changes and sooner or later you're going to cringe wearing a fucking piece of reddit wood every day of your life.
If you don't like gold, fine. Get platinum.

who cares

t. regret

Diamond is just one of the better gems to wear on a ring thanks to its hardness and resistance to scratching (you can still break one if you hit it right). Many jewelers will caution against going anywhere below corundum or garnet when it comes to a coloured stone. Emeralds and opals and other easily damaged shit are a no go unless you know she'll be very careful with it.

Simple gold bands are the only way. Anything else is poorfag tier.

check out tungsten bands

That's absolutely appalling. It's a complete bastardization of everything that makes wood beautiful, just for the sake of saying there's wood in your ring. Great, you took some shit-tier pale mystery wood, stained it a garish color and drowned it in a layer of plastic. A wedding ring needs to look good for a lifetime, but this is going to look like a scratched-up toy you got from a truck stop vending machine within a year. Please have yourself neutered like the dog that you are, and the same for whatever miserable creature has agreed to marry such a vile and inept failure of a human being as yourself. This is the worst post I have seen in nine years on this site. Never post again. NEVER post again.

When I decided to propose to my husband I extracted the silver out of this sterling silver belt buckle my grandfather gave me. I re-made a batch of sterling with my germanium sample from my elemental collection. Made two wedding bands out of it.

They're not perfect, and look handmade, but they're not sloppy.

He absolutely loves it. Even ten years later he still finds a way to brag to people how I made our wedding bands and how special they are.

I just don't have the heart to tell him It was out of desperation because of how dirt poor we were at the time.

Aww that's cute, the best gifts are born out of desperation

>I just don't have the heart to tell him
Obviously he must realize why you chose to do that, doesn't make the things he brags about any less true

>Gold, imo, is ugly
your opinion is wrong and you're a faget.
gold or platinum.
those are the only tasteful choices.

I got my finance an aquamarine stone in a white gold band with some rose gold accenting and a diamond halo. Looks amazing and everyone that sees it asks her about the aquamarine and how unique her ring is. She's not a diamond girl and has never wanted one. It was no question that her main stone wouldn't be a diamond.

As for the stone, I know it's not as hard as a diamond. Ruby and sapphire are super hard too but she loves the light blue color.
Supposedly aquamarines are a bit more durable and harder than emeralds despite essentially being the same thing. That's what all the jewelers I went to said

Good shit. These kinds of posts make this site feel worthwhile.

That sounds great. I'm not too into diamonds either. I'd love to have something coloured too, like aquamarine or garnet.

>Diamond is just one of the better gems to wear on a ring
t. De Beers shill

>substance revered throughout human history for it's beauty
>na it's ugly

>getting married in 2018
lmfao

good luck finding a girl that doesnt want a tacky, flashy gold band or diamonds

Git out, m8. Veeky Forums is not for you

>because of how dirt poor we were at the time.

it's the meaning behind it that matters the most. It's a heartwarming story.

>wife and I have been together since we were teenagers
>bought each other promise rings (cheap stainless steel/sterling silver ones) because we were poor teenagers
>when we got married we used our promise rings as wedding bands despite being able to afford much better wedding bands.
I don't care if it isn't Veeky Forums, it's very special to me.

Isn't meteorite usually just a form of super pure iron? Seems like a dangerous idea

Breakfast at Tiffany's-core. You guys are doing it right.

no wedding band is effay. getting married is the furthest thing from being effay as you can get. dont get cucked by the marriage jew OP

This is a really nice story.

The ring in the picture is radical, and you should be ashamed for being such a basic cunt to so obviously think of jewelry as only a bragging right.

God, how many fucking narcissists on Veeky Forums forget fashion is almost completely subjective anyways

Yeah, I think the ring looks fine. I second the concerns about its durability, I really doubt it'd last a lifetime, but it looks OK.

I'm probably going to get a non-traditional wedding ring, because I absolutely hate the feeling of metal rings on my fingers (I have a mild sensory processing disorder and so the metallic feeling is just overwhelming). Haven't found a nonmetal one I liked enough yet. If any Veeky Forumsnons have suggestions I'd honestly love to hear them. I prefer simple and classic, I just cannot fucking do metal.

tfw no audrey hepburn gf

I like thin brushed tungsten rings in either silver or black. Gold and silver are still really nice for wedding bands though

Silver you cuck

if ur wearing a ring made of anything that isnt silver period, fuck off back to r/vape u fucking plebian

but dying from cancer in some bed and somebody taking a blackwhite photo of that bullshit somehow is. Veeky Forums is mentally ill.

Cheap, black silicone wedding ring. I don't have to take mine off for contact sports, or training.. if I lose it, which I have done a few times already. Its only a few bucks to send a new one in 2 days through Amazon prime.

white gold @18k

also its the same as asking for getting mugged