How do i get the skate look? i don't skate, i just want to wear the clothes

how do i get the skate look? i don't skate, i just want to wear the clothes........

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/gUl0Z
instagram.com/converse_cons/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

start with a little soy

wear some dickies & cuff them, pick some suede shoes, the top can be anything really.
but there's a variation of what skaters like to wear while they skate so they don't only wear dickies all the time some wear regular jeans, joggers, simple t shirts without extreme designs etc

earthy tones
be short in stature
either shorter, non styled hair or long wavy hair
cuffed pants
flat skate shoes
sweatshirts
being not fat is pretty essential imo

>earthy tones
this, i use pic related on what shirts I get, even if some aren't in the pallet i use like a dark red velvet color sometimes or if you're feeling fruity use some punchy colors
& skaters wear simple designs all the time

why don't you wear something that's true to your self instead?

like what? I am a programmer/CS student.. what should I wear then?

> google

I don't even know what to google if I don't know what is right for me

Wear what you like

>Supreme Tshirt
>Maroon chino
>Vans Old Skool Black/White

:D

>how do i get the skate look?
just look homeless and wear ratty skate shoes. good luck my man

why not skate? its fun and it gets girls

here's an inspo album imgur.com/a/gUl0Z

some more pale, earthy tones

How do i start skating?
I mean i just want one to get around campus, but don't really wanna associate with skater kids and i hate the style the normally have.
Is it ok to just buy one and start? or do i need to know at least a few tricks?

Starting is how you start, so just start. (This applies to just about everything).

>How do i start skating?
get a skateboard?

go to a local skateshop and have them set up a board for you. there's so many good skate tutorials on youtube now a days too.

based skate fit

get a board, go to a skate shop like in the mall or wherever is closer and tell them you want to build a complete (build a whole skateboard) you get to choose your wheels, bearings trucks, deck, grip, bolts, etc it shouldn't be more than $170 (from experience because my skate shop is expensive but should be around $130 or less) basically what you're trying to do is avoid buying one of the prebuilt boards like darkstar or xgames, etc

it depends, there's like a bunch of different skate looks. the palace, FA, and call me 917 dudes are more fashionable than the average skater for example.
how can you learn tricks when you don't have a board?

Skate apparel is more about functionality than anything else. Loose fitting tops and cuffed bottoms, a cap to keep hair and sweat out of your eyes, and suede shoes (usually with cup soles). Of course if you don't actually skate then chances are you'll look like a complete tryhard. Also it's important to bear in mind that being an effay skater rarely has anything to do with your outfits, it's actually more about the way they carry themselves on a board, their personal flair or steez or whatever you want to call it.

>it's actually more about the way they carry themselves on a board, their personal flair or steez or whatever you want to call it

Sorry, but it's true. Anyone who dresses like a skater but is stiff and awkward on a board is not going to come across as stylish. someone who has a confident or distinctive skating style will look effay no matter what they wear.

Wear Thrasher logos

Wear Dickies pants and bleached Thrasher Hoodie

Buy a good skateboard from a skateboard shop. Just tell them you're new to it. Skate shoes are also mandatory. You can get Nike SB, Vans, or just any skate shoe. I've been skating since I was 9 years old (29 now), although I don't really skate anymore. It takes practise just to be able to ride it properly and confidently, but don't give up.

Oh and if you want the look, just buy clothes from a skate shop that you like the look of.

move to california, smoke a lot of weed. it will just happen overnight.

>CS student
You should be wearing ugly running shoes, dark wash denim, and a crusty swissgear backpack.

"i dont skate"
fuck you pussy pick up a skateboard instead of being a poser, if i saw you id make fun of you for not skating and trying to fit the part

I skate and I don't even dress like a skater unless I go out skating

skate lool is comfy

tops
same here
I like skating with pants and everything but I'm starting to like skating with beach shorts, so what I do is skate with pants and if it's hot I just take out my pants in the middle where I'm skating and my beach shorts will just be underneath plus it feels comfy asf when you have another layer of clothing under your pants
pic related is what I like wearing, I try to avoid wearing those long shorts that go down to your knees, but if they're shorts like these I'll cop
this nigga knows what he's talking about
100% agree right here
you just have to loosen yourself up, open up to shit that works best for you and some other shit

Get a penny board because it's small and lightweight and made for cruising. Also watch videos on it and don't be afraid of going fast

If that was true almost every Californian would skate.

t. Californian

If you want to look like a skater instead of focusing on "wearing the skin" of a skater focus on how you can go from being completely unable to skate to becoming a competent skater.
Wearing the skin is empty, you're being fake and you haven't achieved anything.
If you instead develop the skill of skating you will have achieved something and you will be able to make friends with other skaters and take inspiration from their look and be authentic.

Don't put too much effort into it

Start with skating you colossal faggot.

>but don't really wanna associate with skater kids and i hate the style the normally have
Skaters come in all forms and various styles dude, you'll find some like-minded skaters if you try.

Don't do this, nothing is less Veeky Forums than a pennyboard

the coolest skaters are the ones that are just dressing as themselves. the trendhoppers look as dumb as they do in every other subgenre of fashion

some inspo for you. dont have much sadly.

if you want more go on insta and look up skate companies. here's a pretty good feed for inspo

instagram.com/converse_cons/

They just wear baggy shit because they dont care about looking good. Most of them are faggots who smoke barrels of weed and can barley talk to girls

this is some breathtaking fucking autism. it's like saying you can't wear basketball shorts unless you can really play basketball. it's not based on reason and there's no way it would bear out in reality. a huge part of any male wardrobe is based on military uniforms, but hardly anyone is a soldier. hardly anyone is a legitimate athlete, many aren't college students. you're applying magical thinking to fashion. i'll give you a much better indicator to follow: is the person attractive and fit? do they understand what they're doing? then it's going to look good

Like michael in gta when you infiltrate the lifeinvader building

Real skaters are bros and don't care if you can do tricks or not. Learning is the name of the game.

Just be careful to not run into people on campus, it's pretty inconsiderate to blast past people

>i want to dress like im apart of a subculture but im not actually apart of said subculture

wow fuck off poseur

u r a fagg0t

i think what he means is that just like someone who has the freshest basketball gear with crazy Air Jordans but can't jump or play ball for shit, a dude in the gnarliest trendiest skate gear who can barely push is gonna look like a big dumby boy

Poser.

do u even know who this dude is LOL

w2c belt wich looks great with dickies?

some inspo because why not

trips

why naht

RIP ye shall be missed

life it seems will fade away drifting farther every day

dat mall grab tho

>it's like saying you can't wear basketball shorts unless you can really play basketball
not my point at all, you're reaching

All I was saying is that skate apparel is tied up with its functionality and skaters don't care what they wear when they skate. Its that effortlessness which translates into their athletic ability and skating style which makes them effay. If you look at a skater and think he looks good because of the clothes he wears and not his flair on a board, then you're a detriment to the culture and have no place pillaging its aesthetic

Vans, chinos, graphic Ts one size bigger and white socks.

This kinda approach seems so counter intuitive to me cause I just always wore whatever when heading to skate. If I had some new clothes, I tried not to wear those when skateboarding in case I eat shit and fuck them up.
Nowadays I have designated skate fit basically cause I don't wanna fuck up my clothes and the stuff I wear daily doesn't make for very comfortable skateboarding clothes.

What are those pants? Are they just sweatpants?

dylan forever

RIP
His switch impossible over the table will be one of the most mindblowing things i will ever see.

I hope you die painfully

>skaters don't care what they wear when they skate
Couldn't be more wrong there pal, the wast majority of skaters care A LOT for how they present themselves. Trick selection, cruising stance, push, and clothing they take very seriously. You dress accordingly to your style of riding. When Boulala was big it was all about the skinny jean rocker look, when Dylan was big it was all about that effortless yet well groomed look, and now during the Atlantic Drift/NYC Times wave skaters dress in loose fitting pants, and big collared sweaters or t-shirts with a logo on the back.

>Trick selection, cruising stance, push
yes

>clothing
nope. there's obviously changing trends within skate culture, like the transition from bulky osiris shoes in the 90s/early 00s to the janoski/slim vulc shoe of the current decade, but the majority of skaters rarely give a shit about what they wear– if they did they would rack up a ridiculous credit card bill because it doesn't take long to burn a hole through a t shirt or a pair of jeans. Your impression of skaters is mediated through and conditioned by images of the professionals, who are paid to wear and rep their sponsors. Your average skater isn't going to drop a lot on branded stuff except for shoes and logo t shirts.

Funny you should mention atlantic drift tho– I live in london and years ago I would occasionally end up skating with Tom knox and nick jensen around st pauls/southbank/blackfriars. Super friendly guys

wear thrasher and custom vans with edgy words on them

I'm talking from experience, not from some image I have of watching dudes on the internet. Cultures wary of course, but here in Copenhagen it's very much about what you're wearing in addition to how you're skating. Average skaters here usually drop more on clothing in a month than they drop on boards.

some people do care about what they wear when they skate but like the other guy said, majority would wear something comfy over something stylish. sometimes they do overlap wherein something stylish is comfy for that person.

Being comfy or stylish isn't mutually exclusive. And that doesn't really have anything to do with not caring about what you wear. As an example, a lot of skaters think dickies are stylish. Their skate pants have a horrible crotch that smashes your nuts into your body whenever you crouch, but they have great flexibility everywhere else, so despite the discomfort people wear them because they look good and function well with the sport.

Fuck it's weird hearing europoors argue about skating. I'm from San Diego/Los Angeles and can say that after beung around thousands if not millions of skaters in my time I have never had a conversation as autistic as this one about skating. If you're any GOOD at all you don't dress like anyone ITT because your clothes would be ruined at the end of the day. The fashionable ones are almost always LARPing fanboys of Odd Future or black metal. Bonus fag points when they start """""producing""""" house music, chill beats or harsh noise. Again-- the only people who dress like that in the heartland of skating are niggers who camp outside Supreme who eat the dirt of real pros as they whiz by coked out of their minds to get a drink from Kibitz Room.

Rick McCrank

just bought a deck from there this weekend. best shop in canada (never been to blue tile though)

you should skate its very fun.

Cant you just go into a shop and buy things you like? Are you really that retarded user?

Tfw got a skateboard for Christmas when I was 8 and quit using it by 9

>mfw I totally ripped off Dylan’s style when he died, girls think I’m so effay and cool now with my greasy hair in my eyes and inside out shirts and highwater dickies and I say shit like “true blue” and “smile” and they eat it up but I can barely land a varial much less tre flip

In other news I just copped the leather slip ons after they finally restocked

Jim Greco is the GOAT

ur a fucking faggot lol

What skate shop?

Lauren Southerns sister tho

Lauren Southerns Sister tho

prep
unless ur not rich