M65 Jacket - Techwear?

Topic for discussion:
Is the US Army M65 Jacket an entry level techwear garment?

I posit that it is. Water repellent exterior, wind resistant interior lining. Modular liner and hood system with plenty of carrying space.

Opinions?

Also post cool M65 jackets.

Other urls found in this thread:

thenordicfit.com/articles/olive-m-65-field-jacket-wool-crewneck-raw-denim-and-meermin-grain-double-monks
theurbanhippieswe.tumblr.com/
tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/m-65-rs-field-jacket/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oldmancore

>this boomer is more Veeky Forums than 99.9% of the people on this site

baka

was looking to cop a cheap field jacket, I can get this for $80 RN, should I?

It depends on the color. Black certainty, but on OD green or camo I'm torn.

It's a classic. Been copied since it was first issued. Mil-spec is best. Copies are questionable, do your homework.

Definitely reccomend NOT getting pictured jacket. go on eBay, buy a real military one for >$50. it will last longer and be more functional.

Pictured jacket is missing a windproof liner, is probably not water repellant and looks to be made of cheap cotton duck.

No.

I love the shit out of my M65 (I own several) but the original wasn't water repellent at all and most of the "entry level" M65s on the market, even those manufactured to military specifications (e.g. Alpha Industries) are "water resistant" rather than water repellent. Those terms mean different things. There are water repellent M65s out there, of course, there are even waterproof ones, but if you try to use a basic M65 as a raincoat in heavy rain it will get soaked and eventually so will you.

It's OK for light rain, though, dries fairly fast.

Interesting point for consideration , especially those without M65 experience!!

The military grade ones are water *repellant* when treated with 'Quarpel'.

Most have been released to the public without being renewed with quarpel though. It's supposed to last 15 washings but I'm sure most have had more than that.
Without Quarpel I wouldnt even say they're resistent.

I love this fit. someone pls help me get it. I'm clothing disabled. please.

w2c??

thenordicfit.com/articles/olive-m-65-field-jacket-wool-crewneck-raw-denim-and-meermin-grain-double-monks

If it's not designed by errolson Hugh then it's NOT techwear

Where to cop those EXACT glasses??!? They're just disturbing as fuck looking

theurbanhippieswe.tumblr.com/

Is the m65 jackets kinda long? I hate having jackets where you can see the whole pant.
I am wondering if I should buy it or not but if it will fit like this I don't want to

Go to a bunch of thrift shops, you'll find a surplus one for less than 15 and it will be far better quality than this. Levi's really isn't good for anything but jeans and jean jackets, and even then the quality is so-so.

Some are, some aren't. Milsurp jackets will usually indicate on the tag (mine says something like "COAT FIELD MEN'S MEDIUM-LONG") but if you're buying a copy just shop around until you find ones that's longer.

Cop? $25 on ebay

>Dirty civies wearing military issued kit thinking they're cool
>Looks like a stupid asshole wearing these with skinny jeans and faggot boots.

Old levi's are better!

anything > 80s is good and only their higher end.

Military garments come in Short / Reg / Long designations (EG Large Short or Medium Long)

Buy an M65 based on whether or not you intend to wear it WITH or WITHOUT a liner WITH = Buy your normal size and a liner of your normal size

WITHOUT = Buy a size down from your normal size

What even is this weird boomer terrorwave

All I hear is an opinion.
'I think people who wear army stuff look dumb'

That's fine, you don't fit in with this thread and you have your own tastegroup. Go discuss with them whatever look you are interested in.

I will agree though that skinnyjeans and milkit is a bad look. It works best for smart casual, lunarcore or tech looks. Alt rock (emo / goth) looks are mostly bad or overdone with milkit.

Personally I take steps to distance my military gear from military looks. I cut off epaulettes, eschew most politicizing insignia and wear with complimentary kit or something 'civilianizing'

for example I am making nametapes that have 'MYNAME' and ' CIVILIAN' on them so it has a bit of a mlitary look but no affiliation and clearly states I am not attempting to appear as military personnel. Wearing my intentions, I suppose.

Seems to be!

He's tryhard some days but I like it! he's got some cool looks and he is an oldtimer with a digital presence. He's making it work :D

Do you think this one will be long enough to cover the zipper?(or partly)
My plan is to just wear maybe a thin sweater or shit underneath

Very hard to gauge without measurements of you or the jacket!

Tell me your height, weight and chest size and we'll be cooking with gas.

Caveat emptor: My advice is restricted to military issue jackets because thats what I have experience with.

I do not reccomend brandit or alpha or any other non-milspec jacket.

>I do not reccomend brandit or alpha or any other non-milspec jacket.
What? Alpha Industries M65s are milspec. They're also well-made, although there are a lot of knockoffs masquerading as Alpha products out there.

I am pretty lanky but it looks like this model at least is made to be a bit longer than the one I quoted earlier.
On the site I'm looking (army star), almost all the m65 jackets look pretty similar. Even the more expensive one.
As long as the materials is sturdier than the easy flammable plastic "puffy" jackets I am happy with it.
The jacket I pictured is only about 65 dollars thats why I wanted it but I am able to pay more if it means a bit sturdier. Thanks for helping btw

Only milsurp, my man

A traditional M65 is milspo, not techwear.

This is the only techwear M65: tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/m-65-rs-field-jacket/

Why? Because it has DWR and Polartec insulation.

There's Milspec 70s alpha and then there's civilian market Alpha. Two different animals.

Are you going to get your military issued panties in a knot if I wear tennis shoes even though I'm not a tennis player? It's a fucking green shirt, there's nothing special about being in the military other than the fact that you're always someone else's bitch

How hard would it be to sew embroidered patches onto one of these jackets?

next to impossible, you'd need to have years and years of experience handling thread and needle to even considering attempting it in controlled environment