Is no-poo a meme or not? I haven't shampooed my hair in 2 weeks and it certainly feels healthier but I'm not sure...

Is no-poo a meme or not? I haven't shampooed my hair in 2 weeks and it certainly feels healthier but I'm not sure. Those of you that do it, is it ok to use conditioner?

i think it only helps if your hair is already of a certain quality

>he fell for the no-poo meme
Just use sulphate/paraben-free shampoo and conditioner.

I have white people curly hair (loose) and it's insufferable to use shampoo. It gets so dry and frizzy, whereas if I go no-poo (also no conditioner, that shit is like shampoo but less obv) it feels healthy, moisturized, and holds a better curl.

Post hair

What did you do with your hair instead? Do you rinse it when you go in the shower?

I only go no poo when I have access to conditioner. But then I commit to it for stretches of time. You still need to wash your hair regularly, always with water, depending on your hair you may want conditioner often or infrequently. Figure out what works best for you

I’ve been no poo for 4 years. I wash it with shampoo every 6 months or so. It’s healthy and well textured.

It is not a meme, the only bad part is that it takes some amount of effort. Since you gotta wash your hair physically rather than using chemicals, I usually brush it a lot before i get in the shower. then scrub it with my hands and it feels normal and healthy. Been doing it for almost a year now.

Do you have a specific type of conditioner you use? I've been doing water only and avoiding conditioner cause I didn't know which one would be best.

when i don't use shampoo my hair smells bad after a day and feels physically heavier and looks disgusting. i think it varies per person to a degree.

It could also be the way you tried to implement it, I've seen so many people say it doesn't work when they gave up after a week or did some stupid meme method.

Sup, day 10 of nopoo i really gotta shit but i'm holding out for mon, haven't eaten in 3 days, subsisting on water atm

use taliah wajiid products if you have curly hair

your body is overcompensating in trying to balance your scalp

give it time

Someone that does no poo should post their hair or im calling bs

Oh and post your hair care routine too

Your body will reabsorb the log after a while. Hold out bro

Can somebody give me a full rundown of no poo? Do I use conditioner, do I wash daily, etc.

It is a meme for most people
Just don't use harsh shampoos daily

>is no-poo a meme
Before reading further I thought you meant holding in your poops as long as you can