Tucked Shirts

I much prefer the look of a tucked shirt when wearing a coat over it, especially when the shirt is longer than the coat. Need tips on how to properly tuck a shirt, what shirts to get in order to tuck them and look good tucking them, and just general looks that can be achieved with shirt-tucking.

I'm guessing for a casual tuck, you want a v-neck t-shirt, but could a dress shirt work as well? I'm not talking business casual, I mean casual, like hanging out with college buddies.

Other urls found in this thread:

kkandjay.com/shop/morrisgrey
cdnc.lystit.com/photos/07ec-2014/05/03/ralph-lauren-green-polo-striped-poplin-sport-shirt-custom-fit-casual-shirts-product-1-19691810-0-442340937-normal.jpeg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I try to tuck whenever I can. For me, I feel like key is to make sure the shirt is big enough, perhaps even a size bigger than something you'd wear untucked, at least as long as the pants are slim.

I rarely tuck in jeans, and always have a belt when I tuck no matter the pants.

remember to buy shirt stays so you don't look like a faggot with a muffintop!

>but could a dress shirt work as well?
What is preppy?

only the cucked go for the tucked

yes, with a gut it doesnt matter how you wear your clothes, they'll look like shit regardless

get your shirts tailored so they're not huge sails
buy pants with higher rise

I bought some KK & Jay shirt stays likea month ago and holy shit are they a game changer! I just feel way more put together while wearing them.
kkandjay.com/shop/morrisgrey

Some excess material is necessary if you want any range of motion. Obviously putting on a tent is stupid, but you shouldn't be stifled either

Second shirt stays. Even cheap ones on ebay work fine if you want to try them out.
Also buy shirts that fit proper so you don't have a bunch of material folded over. Pay attention to the labels on shirts. You have regular (usually no label), classic, vintage, fitted, athletic, slim, extra slim etc etc and buy what fits.

EMERGENCY:

I need to acquire this exact shirt for a cosplay, does anyone know where I can buy it or how I can obtain it?

Link related;
>cdnc.lystit.com/photos/07ec-2014/05/03/ralph-lauren-green-polo-striped-poplin-sport-shirt-custom-fit-casual-shirts-product-1-19691810-0-442340937-normal.jpeg

the kind of person who uses shirtstays is the faggot you retard
back to mfa with you

>literally a shill

high waisted pants are ESSENTIAL

I only like to wear them tucked when I wear suspenders. Otherwise it looks too tryhard.

>wears suspenders
>'otherwise it looks too tryhard'

oh fuck man, come on

Make sure the armholes are higher up so when you move your arm it doesn't bring the fabric on the side along for the ride. But don't compromise comfort for small armholes. Just higher cut armholes. Also dress shirts are usually longer in the front and back with cutaways on the side so it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you just look for those two things on a shirt.

correct

On the ralph lauren website like it says in your link you dumb fuck?

We're tucking everything in idiot, im talking sweatshirts, hoodies, jackets the whole shebang it all gets tucked in

I started tucking my sweatshirt in. No one said anything and I like it so not looking to change.

I only tuck. Do you understand?