Hey skaters, I bought a new board today for 280$. Do you like the deck?

Hey skaters, I bought a new board today for 280$. Do you like the deck?

And general "Post your deck" Thread

Okay im curious;

1. You paid 280$ for a complete deck?
2. What Size? Looks 7.8 to me
3. Why only half of wheels?
4. How could i like your deck? i didnt even ride it?
5. Do you even skate?
6. Why are you such a faggot?

Nobody skating?

whats with the placed supreme sticker

>I bought a new board today for 280$
goddamn where do you live
here I was thinking the prices here are bad

what brand of deck is that? Alien? I like it

1. No, I bought the parts
2. 8.0"
3. I'm in the process of installing the wheels
4. Sorry that I was unclear, I was talking about the design
5. Why should I spend money for equipment and not use it?
6. Sorry I'm not interested

My room is a mess right now, I bought some stuff from grailed.
Yep it's alien. The name is
"pictures of health"
Fuck it, sometimes I hate switzerland

Not him but at any skate shop I've been to the most expensive complete set up would be under $180
Maybe that's what he spent the other $100 on

heres mine

I like it, good decision
>Pic-related
The fuckers sent me a blue one but I like it too

>50 bucks for reds
protip: order your bearings from asia/australia/us through ebay, they are way fucking cheaper even with shipping
also just anecdotal evidence by me and some friends but super reds are garbage, regular reds or swiss are lot better

>buying super reds instead of mini-logo's for less than half the price

typical bergjude.

Oh I didn't know that, thx :)

Sure smells like soy in there

y-you bought a deck for $280? why? the most i'd ever spend on a deck is like $60, or like $120 for a complete. you're deck's just gonna get scratched up anyways, even if you install rails, idk why people spend so much money on they boards.

shut up pussy youre a new mutation of retard if you think pussy soyboys skate

I spend 280 for the whole skateboard, the deck was "just" 80$

im 19 in two months
is it gay if i start skating right now

nah

planning on getting pic related to replace my current deck.
Thoughts?

>TFW get looks whenever I cruise around
>Get looks when I even just sit on a bench with my board taking a break/texting a friend
Seriously what the fuck, it's not like I'm causing any trouble or bothering anybody.

They’re looking at you for being a faggot not for being a trouble maker. Fag

This user is right, don't get cucked by PayPal and next time get swiss

hell naw, do it if it interests you
you're gonna have some good times ahead if you put the work in, find some friends and just have fun

My Landyatchz bamboo pinner. Love this thing, but I don’t skate much anymore.

nah I started skating at 22. I dont do tricks or anything, but I just cruise around

I started at 16 or 17, and I do the same. I ate shit trying to slide a few times so I just stick to cruising. I find it really relaxing sometimes.

How do you guys go down a hill and not completely and utterly fail? Every time I try I lose control and end up bailing before I fall
Pls help

I just weave across the road if I'm able to. That and sometimes I'll ride with one foot close to the ground but that can be a pain in the ass.

woah user are you me?
can anyone spoonfeed me on what to look for getting started with skating?

My omocat board

How? I payed less than 200 in a small physical shop in Geneva for a Welcome deck with Kryptonics wheels, Venture trucks and whatever of the standard bearings he had, and he put the shit together while I went to drink coffee

I like it, but where are the screw holes for the trucks? Do you just use it as a wall piece or something?

I just use it as a wall piece. It has 4 holes. Only 20 of them made

>$280

I seriously, really seriously, hope you didn't spend this much on a fucking skateboard.

That's still really cool. How much did you pay for it?

70 bucks

Thats not bad for a deck that was a limited run.

Do you plan on learning tricks or just cruising around?

I wanna do tricks mostly but I think it'd be nice to be able to skate places. Obviously I'd have to be rea good at cruising to be able to do tricks so I'd have to do that first.

Nice user, I picked up the moongirl one from omocat as well

I really want to get in skating this year. Any boards that you guys would recommend that are good but not to expensive
>brokefag

I always liked Land Yatchz. They have a wide range of boards and I'd say they're not too expensive. My complete longboard was $150.

Alternatively, if you're worried about looking like a poser on a longboard the landyatchz dinghy is literally perfect for cruising

Here's mine, I also use it mostly to cruise around town since it's harder to steal and more convenient in a city. Knew a few tricks back when I was younger but havn't been skating for a while so i'm pretty sure I've lost them.

need a new street deck, longboard is for cruising with friends but i skate street mostly. any reccomendations on cool decks?

Grow up

embarrassing

The board alone was 280??? I think that’s too much for a board.

If you're just cruising the graphic will last forever. If you're actually skating, the graphic is illegible within a few days. Been riding blanks and shop boards for like a decade now because of that.

I guess you're a rich swiss who has money to blow?

skate warehouse, tactics, emerica

Carve, powerslide, and toe drag as E-brake. Always have an escape route if there's traffic.

learn to bail

Huf

groovy.

The idea is not bailing. There isn't really a pretty way to bail when bombing a hill.

Fire fit, too bad I can’t see his legs.

Also, tighten your trucks when you want to skate downhill. I learned the hard way.

I actually get worse speed wobbles when my trucks are tight, and I bomb decent sized hills on the way to work everyday. I can't skate without my trucks as loose as possible.

I think you're not accounting for the parts.

It's for the whole equipment, not only the deck lol

It's all in the balls. I was constantly bailing in the beginning because I'm a huge pussy who doesn't even like rollercoasters, so I was tensing up, which cause wobbles and a feedbackloop between that and the tensing/pussycat.
You just have to practice and get confident. Keep you knees loose and lean forward as opposed to backwards. If wobbles, lean more forward.

The Santa Cruz reissues are also smooth as butter for cruising. The completes are usually good deals.

Holy shit omocat do boards?

Element deck mainly kitted out with stickers

The indy trucks make the board desu

Nice, r8 mine

can i become good skater age 18 or too l8?
scared these sk8r kids at uni will laugh :'(

If you're dedicated to it no one who apprecitiates the culture will laugh with bad intentions. Everyone has been in your situation. Just grind it boi

Most people who skate at uni are longboarding faggot. get something like this and if anyone steps up to you just be like "I'm cruising bro" and no one will give a damn.

i actually want to learn tricks tho

Classic.

very nice. I copped a habitat complete at a thrift shop for 5 bucks a few months back, sucks it's snowing where I'm at cause there's nowhere dry to skate.

They made like 20 of a few different designs and only sold them at anime expo

God I remember when skateboards looked like this when I was like 7 years old, me and my friends would sit on them and roll down huge hills in the middle of the road.

Don't go straight for their weed socks, unless if you can find a way to make your fit look less tacky with those socks.

Goat

this is such a weird post

go skate a parkade

I just looked at their website and you can get them from there

This isnt a reissue. This is an Eric Winkowski pro model, who is currently on santa cruz.

The wood is mahogony, if anyones curious

Skating is for try hard faggots desperate to be cool.

this. get a legit hobby

Skateboarding is in the 2020 Olympics so it's a bit more than just something people trying to look cool do

Vans PRO model shoes are really good for skating as well as converse cons. To get started you can just cruise around your neighborhood and get kick turns down. Once you feel comfortable enough just start watching YouTube videos on how to do tricks. That's how I've learned most of mine. You can also go to parks and learn from locals but it can be kind of intimidating at first.

I started skating like 5 months ago with a 40 quid board I bought from my mate and a month ago I got this. Any tips on how to ollie while moving? I'm pretty confident about the progress I made but just can't seem to commit to ollie over something

try until you do it.
eat shit? keep trying

Do I suck or is it just that hard

tfw my current deck just won't break and lose it's pop so I can't buy this one

Do you feel in charge or are you afraid of your skateboard and falling?

Relax. Most people skateboard because it's fun, and most skaters started when they were kids, before becoming self conscious and pretentious like yourself.

When I was a kid I learned by ollieing over a 2" diameter plastic pipe on the ground. If I hit it, it would just get knocked out of the way.

Try to find a small object that won't stop you if you hit it. Even drawing a chalk line on the ground can work. You'll be able to see if your wheels hit.

It's just that hard

Here's my longboard. Don't judge me. It's fun.

>all these boards with no wear and tear on them whatsoever
Veeky Forums is the kind of board that throws their money at expensive decks just so they can hang a pretty graphic on the wall. Get fucked you shallow pansies

>all these fresh setups with no wear and tear whatsoever
Looks like half you faggots don't even skate, you just buy a pretty looking graphic deck and hang it on your wall.