So what happened to this place?

Other urls found in this thread:

fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/fulltext
academic.oup.com/jn/article/140/7/1350S/4688986
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0892036201001970
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854098/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26838042
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone interested in fashion is inherently vain and effeminate. Unable to cope, they project onto others

/pol/ shitposting ruining everything as usual

It's not even a clever insult, since there's no proven link between soy and lower T levels. I guess the /pol/yps reveal themselves though.

The 2016 US election was a mistake.

but muh phytoestrogens! /s.

I unironically had tofu stew yesterday. Am going to turn soft now?

The irony here is that dairy is filled with actual estrogen, and most of the estrogen in the water supply is there because of animal agriculture. In other words, switching from dairy to soy milk would be beneficial for men's collective T levels.

Low T is a red herring. You can have simultaneous high T and high estrogen, which leads to developing sex characteristics of males and females, like more fat deposits and breast tissue along with facial hair growth.
Soy has chemical that mimic estrogen in vivo, leading to more estrogen receptors being bound with only an indirect effect on endogenous hormone levels. Ironically this has an androgenic effect on women and a feminizing effect on men, because soy phytoestrogens have lower E2 affinity than estrogen.
I can tell you from personal experience its true. Before it was a meme I used to drink a carton of soy milk a day, and after I while I starting getting puffy, sensitive nipples. Stayed off the soy for a while and they went back to normal (thank god no lasting gyno).
If you're upset with any of this, it's probably because it struck a nerve.

Estrones have a low oral bioavailability.

>Expecting anything mature from Veeky Forums.
I have yet to be disappointed.

I guess ‘dairyboy’ isn’t a more striking insult.

>I can tell you from personal experience its true
I prefer peer-reviewed studies to anonymous testimony on a taiwanese woodworking forum.

fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/fulltext

academic.oup.com/jn/article/140/7/1350S/4688986

>Also expecting anything mature from /pol/.
When pigs fly.

False image
Ed is high T.

We caught the retard. Stay away, its contagious.

Did you even read what I wrote or are you just too dumb to understand any of this?
>Low T is a red herring.
Meaning soy doesn't actually have to lower T to be feminizing. Soy doesn't lower T, but because it mimics estrogen is causes feminizing effects without actually disrupting hormone balance.
As for the second study, I assume you zeroed in on how soy isoflavones can function as antiestrogens (if you even read it). I already addressed that.
>Ironically this has an androgenic effect on women and a feminizing effect on men, because soy phytoestrogens have lower E2 affinity than estrogen.

blah blah blah you sound fucking retarded

>Before it was a meme I used to drink a carton of soy milk a day, and after I while I starting getting puffy, sensitive nipples.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

>t. soyboy
It could have been caused by some other factor, that is true. But if a guy dies with a fresh gunshot wound, don't you think it's reasonable to assume the gunshot played some role in it?

>If you're upset with any of this, it's probably because it struck a nerve.

This. I have never, ever, met any soyboy charactacture that Veeky Forums paints. I've seen nerds, neckbeards, ayeees, weeabs, lumbersexual, but never a soyboy - yet every time it's posted someone replies, and that itself is fucking hilarious.

It's fucking soy.

>because it mimics estrogen is causes feminizing effects without actually disrupting hormone balance
So does parabens, apparently. The issue is to what extent, and whether it's any cause for worry. As it stands now, there seems to be no evidence for that.

>if a guy dies with a fresh gunshot wound, don't you think it's reasonable to assume the gunshot played some role in it?
If you're gonna bring it down to that level, I'm acquainted with an Assyrian gymbro who eats a vegan diet and consumes a lot of soy, and his sperm quality is top-notch. Maybe you're just naturally sensitive?

*Hides thread because it's filled with /pol/fags*

>I have never, ever, met any soyboy charactacture that Veeky Forums paints
mfw
>So does parabens, apparently. The issue is to what extent, and whether it's any cause for worry. As it stands now, there seems to be no evidence for that.
Considering all the evidence of harmful effects in animals, I think it is pretty clear there is more than enough reason to worry. Here's a fun study:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0892036201001970
TL;DR male rats that are fed soy don't develop a "male" brain (classically dimorphic regions become uncharacterized.).
>If you're gonna bring it down to that level, I'm acquainted with an Assyrian gymbro who eats a vegan diet and consumes a lot of soy, and his sperm quality is top-notch. Maybe you're just naturally sensitive?
Congrats on getting pozzed. Estradiol can stimulate spermatogensis.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854098/

You're not very good at formal logic, are you?

>Considering all the evidence of harmful effects in animals
>rats
I'm guessing you think we should stop using shampoo then?

>m'logic
>tips le fedora

>le fedora meme
You browse /pol/ a lot?

Nah, there's evidence that parabens don't have substantial in vivo activity, plus they don't have a strong E2 affinity even in vitro and aren't able to penetrate skin particularly well.

It's probably a good idea to avoid long chain parabens, but otherwise as long as you don't go eating shampoo or mixing it with DMSO you should be fine.

I'm not aware of any animal studies showing anything beyond extremely weak affinity.

>Getting mad when somebody shitposts in response to your shitpost.
Nope, I'm from Veeky Forums.

Certain parabenscan have quite strong estrogenic effects on male rats.

As for whether the study you linked is applicable to humans, the way rats metabolize soy is quite different from humans.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26838042

My facial hair grows extremely quickly and I am agressive (sometimes violent.) I fuck a lot and jack off a lot which would lower testosterone.
Am I high testosterone?

you could be, you couldn't be
why do you care