/bhg/ Black Hair General

ITT: Post inspo and hair advice for black hair

Recommend me a afro hair pick. The black fist is cheap. And also, oil.

>tfw have only gotten buzzcuts for all of my life
I don't have the face to make anything else work, and it would probably to much work to maintain. I didn't ask for this hell.

isaiah rashad's fade with twists wouldn't work on you?

I'm mulatto, my hair is pretty similar to Drake's. If I grew it out, it would look like this. I have gone for a while without a haircut in the past and didn't like how it looked. Anything else you would recommend?

heard denman shit was good

How do I get hair like girl on the far right?

Twists? Wash and deep condition your hair, separate out two locks of hair the thickness you want and literally just twist them around each other. Put argan oil or shea butter or some holding product at the ends and slowly let go.

I've been wanting to get dreads like luka's for a while.
How do I start?

Grow it out a bit more then stop brushing your hair and just wash it

I don't need to get it twisted?

black hair starts twisting/dreading on its own after months of not combing it. Just be sure to wash it
at least once every week or so(since dry hair starts dreading the best) and your good

Alright, is there anything I can do to help my hair grow out more?

nothing really, its a slow process thats all natural. this is how mines look after two years. i can put it up in a knot simiarly to luka's

they didnt really start looking like dreads until about 8 months-1 year. its a long journey

Yea and depending on your hair curl pattern it can end up like luka's or like pic related;

Damn bro, well thanks for the tips. Hopefully I can get there

I'm not effay, just a tourist visiting because I will probably hit my barber this week and know there are regular black hair threads here
Usually I get a #4 with a taper fade on the sides but recently, I've grown the top more and have been using a curl sponge. I don't have the patience for dreads so I think I'll stay with it

mixed with hair like pic related, what should I do with it? if i don't want to look like a schmuck?

my fellow /b/lack brothas find you a black queen who can twist out your hair for you

either braid it or leave it out like yung gud