RAGS TO RICHES IS JUST A MEME! YOU'RE STUCK IN THE CLASS YOU'RE BORN INTO! REEEEEEE!!!!!!!

RAGS TO RICHES IS JUST A MEME! YOU'RE STUCK IN THE CLASS YOU'RE BORN INTO! REEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/the-25-richest-self-made-billionaires-2015-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But from my own life I know that isn't true.

I was born in a third world country and my parents were poor and we moved to a first world country and now we're doing pretty well.

India pls leave

Except that you are wrong- it does happen, the issue is the degree to which it occurs. Personally I think we should just do one time tax and one time redistribution instead of this continual bastard half-breed system.
It is more efficient in all respects (it would neither discourage creation of wealth nor would it create a permanent welfare class)

>Personally I think we should just do one time tax and one time redistribution instead of this continual bastard half-breed system

So you have to take money that my family earned fair and square? Why is that fair?

this is true for 99.999% of people. Even athletes who get millions of dollars go broke because they were raised in squalor and yolo it away

1. Live Below your means
2. Invest extra money
3. Don't have kids
4. Ball for life congrats your richer than anyone you know

Sound financial advice. Not necessarily good life advice.

Just remember that some day you will die.

>fair and square
>implying whatever you family does will ever fit my definition of fair and square
REDISTRIBUTION NAOW!

>>implying whatever you family does will ever fit my definition of fair and square

Is coming to a new country and working hard for decades not your idea of fair and square?

pretty well in a first world is leagues better than 3rd world agreed. but you didnt change class you just change countries. youre still the peasants just better peasants

this

fuck you communist scum, go fucking work and save instead of buying every single new iphone

>but you didnt change class you just change countries. youre still the peasants just better peasants

But we did.

Went from being broke in a 3rd world country to middle class in a first world country - hopefully crossing into upper middle class with me and my sibling now.

Probably just got lucky though, VOTE FOR BERNIE SANDERS

earn your own money faggot. im all for a system where wealth is one generational. it will never happen but it is much fairer and would result in a massive improvement in standard of living

congrats you have marginally more money at the expense of joy. you didnt change classes

youre not understanding my post. youre still the working class. youre still the peasant plowing the feild for the lord. just because youre better off than in some shithole country doesnt mean you changed classes. our working class just has a better standard of living than most

>VOTE FOR BERNIE SANDERS
go back to your 3rd world shithole

>earn your own money faggot

I am, why are you calling me names?

So what is "changing classes" then? Being born a billionaire?

Do you only consider there to be two classes, a "working class" and then trillionaires who own several factories and two dozen companies?

Buttblasted Bernie supporter detected

>congrats you have marginally more money at the expense of joy. you didnt change classes

What is even your point?

So if you don't own a yacht you might as well be living paycheck to paycheck because you're still the "working class" and you might as well kill yourself?

Just fuck off to please. You're like the retards who post pictures of crying frogs and write "You will never be 6'4 with perfect genetics, why even live"

So Indian dude child of farmers comes to US on some scholarship exchange thing, stays here, gets a college degree and works as a programmer in the US. His parents had a straw hut he lives in a suburban condo now. That isn't a moving up a class?

My guess is he has no idea what he's talking about. Probably using some antiquated or just flat out wrong definition of class.

Class has a lot to do with your social status and position in life.

Did you go from cleaning up shit in a mcdonalds bathroom to doing people's taxes? Congratulations you have ascended upwards. You're still in the service industry but you're not a janitor.

Did you go from doing people's taxes to making investments and somewhat passively living off of your income? Congratulations you have ascended upwards.

Class isn't binary its extremely fluid.

Apparently not.

But let's hear his definition of moving up classes, I'm very curious to hear him define this

>Do you only consider there to be two classes, a "working class" and then trillionaires
pretty much. the whole 1% meme has some truth to it. a handful of people run the entire country. youre either one of them or youre not. You dont have to be born into to it. Look at zuckerberg or gates or buffet. But those are exceedingly rare

you're only doing well because you're in a 1st world country faggot.

>So if you don't own a yacht you might as well be living paycheck to paycheck because you're still the "working class" and you might as well kill yourself?
literally the exact opposite of that. Youre the one saying to devote your life to money you idiot. im saying theres more to life than class and wealth

no. hes still the farmer. hes just harvesting code for his lord instead of rice. hes better off yes, happier too. but a happy peasant is still a peasant. not that theres anything inherently wrong with that

>you're only doing well because you're in a 1st world country faggot.

Yeah I know, that's why we moved here.
How did you figure that one out?

>Youre the one saying to devote your life to money you idiot. im saying theres more to life than class and wealth

Where did i say that?

I pointed out that you can drastically improve your quality of life. Yeah you might not become a world-renowned investor or billionaire but you can get to a very good quality of life with some effort and perseverance.

>the whole 1% meme has some truth to it. a handful of people run the entire country. youre either one of them or youre not

Is there absolutely no difference to you between being on welfare/living next to niggers and making $1000/month and making six figures or in your 40's thanks to saving, working and investing?

Basically to you there is two groups:

- Working Class ( Plebs )
[ $0,000 - $9,999,999/year income ]

And then "1% master race or whatever the fuck"

[ $10,000,000/year+ income ].

Guess you're right. Better kill myself now

Why are you so obsessed with class? Im not saying you should kill yourself if youre working class. Jesus why do you keep saying that? What a horrible mentality. Im very happy with my life but im not going to delude myself into thinking im above working class. Just make some money enought to live comfortably and enjoy your time with family and friends. You dont have to be king midas to be happy dude. You should get off Veeky Forums and head outside. Go to a bar and flirt with a pretty girl. Go enjoy life for fucks sake

You're the one who keeps mentioning that there is no difference between being in a 3rd world country and being poor and being middleclass in a 1st world country.

So because youre working class you should kill yourself? What the fuck?

>im not the richest person in the world so ill kill myself
You might as well do it now because there will always be somebody with more. Youre everything weong with the world

he was being sarcastic mate

Yes i was being sarcastic

>hurr durr i was only pretending to be retarded
If it was sarcasm then you why were you arguing? user literally said theres more to life then wealth. Youre a fucking faggot and i hope you do kill yourself because youll never be a billionaire

>If it was sarcasm then you why were you arguing?

I am arguing because he said that there is no difference between different income levels unless you are the "1%".

Try reading his posts again, I'll quote some of them. Keep in mind this is in response to me saying that my family has moved up quite a few "classes" over the years(just so you understand the context since you seem to lazy to read the thread).

>but you didnt change class you just change countries. youre still the peasants just better peasants

>congrats you have marginally more money at the expense of joy. you didnt change classes

>youre still the working class. youre still the peasant plowing the feild for the lord. just because youre better off than in some shithole country doesnt mean you changed classes

>a handful of people run the entire country. youre either one of them or youre not

>no. hes still the farmer. hes just harvesting code for his lord instead of rice

Im super confused now.
How many classes are there?

How do I enroll in them?

There's only two

Working class (under $10 million annual income post-tax) and "1%" (over $10 million net annual income).

There is no difference in class between living in the ghetto with foodstamps and living in a quiet suburb with several vacations per year

I never said there was no difference. i clearly stated american working class is better off and happier than shitholers. i mean if you really have to tell yourself youre above other people to feel validated then go ahead. but classes really are binary. they have been for as long as civilization has existed. slaves and masters. lords and peasants. aristocrats and the working class. its just a fact dude. all that "wealth" youre working so hard to accumulate is literally the scraps the elite have let you keep. and no before you even saying it you shouldnt kill yourself you fucking faggot. life is beautiful and wealth shouldnt be your number 1 priority

Both are prisons you can never escape though. One just has better aesthetics and a few more amenities.

>Both are prisons you can never escape though

That's true.

Life is one big prison. I'm confined to having to eat and drink to survive.

I'm confined to having to sleep at least 6 hours a day, but preferably 8 hours. I JUST WANT TO ESCAPE.

FREE ME FROM THIS TORTURE. I DON'T WANT TO BE FORCED TO SLEEP AND EAT ANYMORE. I WANT TO LIVE WITHOUT IT

>its just a fact dude. all that "wealth" youre working so hard to accumulate is literally the scraps the elite have let you keep

Just curious but what is your job?

Are you by any chance a NEET?

Im a dental hygienist

How many classes do you thin there are? Where does it end? If i have 10000$ and my friend has 10001$ is he a higher class than me? Seems like youre drawing arbitrary lines in the proverbial sand in order to put yourself higher than others. Hate to break it to you pajeet but youre still on the same shitheap as the rest of us

From birth to 18, my family was on welfare & food stamps.

I now pay more in taxes each year than I received from government subsidies over my entire life.

>Muh anecdotal evidence

you just got lucky faggot, you don't deserve your money it should be redistributed amongst harder-working people like me

>harvesting code for his lord
Lol! ok now I know this is bait 8/10

think what you want man. i dont know why people have to see themselves as above others to feel good about themselves. there are a select group of people that enuinely run this planet. then there are those that make the others even more wealthy. reminds me of a chris rock joke. theres a difference between rich and wealthy. an nba player cashing his check is rich. the white guy writing it to him is wealthy

>the white guy writing it to him is wealthy

I think mentioning it's probably a Jewish guy in all likelihood would be more accurate but not as politically correct.

Making fun of stupid white people is completely fine and not racist though, I like chris rock, great comedian

Ayy you right, not like these guys exist.

businessinsider.com/the-25-richest-self-made-billionaires-2015-6

Those guys just got lucky

It's literally impossible to move up a class, there's no point even trying

>Literally impossible
>Those guys got lucky

which is it?

ignore this nigger. hes been spouting bullshit since this thread started

>moving the goal-posts, the post

Mad I'm proving your wrong?

>(((Len Blavatnik)))
>(((Patrick Drahi)))
>(((Carl Icahn)))
>(((Steve Ballmer)))
>(((George Soros)))
>(((Sheldon Adelson)))
>(((Sergey Brin)))
>(((Larry Page)))
>(((Michael Bloomberg)))
>(((Mark Zuckerberg)))
>(((Larry Ellison)))

Yeah goy, they were all self made.

pol pls go

JIDF pls go

at what? literally nothing i said has been less than the opinion of "dont kill yourself because your not bill gates". Are you saying youve proven that you should kill yourself? then do it faggot im tired of arguing with teenagers on this mauritian octopush board anyway

i was born a poorfag, but im now making passive income.. its not impossible user, just keep scrimping and take an opportunity when it presents itself

you just got lucky

how the hell did I get lucky? took me 10+ years of wageslaving just to get where Im at.. Im 30+, and have some good income rolling in. Not filthy rich, but decent enough to live on

I'm not sure but that's what I'm learning from Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums is partly right. you need money to make more money.

The more money you have, the easier it is to turn it into more money.

if you start out from 0$ like i did.. your best source of income is your labor. After you saved a bit, let your money work for you

a list of 25 jews with connections is not an example

an example would be your run of the mill white trash redneck becoming the number 5 on fortune 500... for example Mark Zuckerberg, that faggot was already rich hell he was going to Harvard, is not like you can be piss poor and go to harvard (without crippling atleast 1 generation with debt) Same with Bill Gates, all those "College dropouts" that became millionares had the finantial safety to drop out and "pursue their dream" something your average middle class american is no way in hell able to without living in poverty for atleast some time before he gets lucky (and this is thinking he will get lucky at some point)

Nowadays is pretty much impossible to move up in the socioeconomical scale, was it possible before, yeah sure as hell 50 years ago it was possible for you to go from rags to riches, nowadays people are lucky if they don't go from middle to lower class by the turn of the day

Harvard is free if your family makes less than 60k a year.

Like hell I'll believe that Zuckercuck and Bill Gates made less than 60k a year (althought Gates is probable since he looked like your run of the mill nerd, Zuckerberg on the other hand I doubt it, he had all the looks from a finantially safe/rich person)

Dude................ I'm not one to call names but you're dumb af. You're like the special 1% of Veeky Forums

And.... almost impossible to get in, if you are. Our valedictorian has 36 AP credits with 5 in all tests and she ended up going to Dartmouth, because she got denied from Harvard, Princeton & Yale. She was white, so that's probably why.

Mary Maxwell Gates (July 5, 1929 – June 10, 1994) was an American
>businesswoman

Gates was born in Seattle, Washington, as Mary Maxwell to James Willard Maxwell (Nebraska, 1901–1960),
>a banker

William Henry "Bill" Gates (born William Henry Gates II; November 30, 1925), also known publicly as Bill Gates Sr. is a retired American
>attorney

Zuckerberg was born in 1984 in White Plains, New York.[13] He is the son of
>dentist
Edward Zuckerberg and
>psychiatrist
Karen Kempner

You're right. There's no hope. Give up.

you are retarded the poor and the middle class are not the same just yet.
but mark my word before the next presidential cycle ends it will be the same.

>YOU'RE STUCK IN THE CLASS YOU'RE BORN INTO!
you can definitely go down
and if you own knee-pads you can sometimes move up

>1 post by this id

Keep dreamin bub

The OP said rags to riches not rags to khakis faggot

As a person who grew up from nothing and made his own way up the social classes:

No matter how much you study or work, there is nothing in America that makes money like money.

Rich kids are miles ahead in their starting point and they can make more money than you without the work or effort.

This problem will sort itself in the coming decades as more and more blue collar jobs are automated. When the majority of citizens can't find employment simply because you don't need that many workers in a modern robot/AI-driven economy then basic income is the only way to keep the money flowing in a capitalist system. That's de facto redistribution.

The downside is that the elite class - programmers, engineers, artists, politicians and businessmen - will lord over the welfare class. You won't have a middle class anymore. Just the rich and the slightly above poverty line consumers.

On an aside I think something's seriously wrong with me I just got a boner while writing this post not even kidding.