twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They actually are tho.

We bringin back LOOSE baby!

Thank god, fuck skinny jeans too uncomfortable

fatties

t. Testicle-let

nobody has worn skinny jeans since 2016

i have cuz i like them irrespective of trends faggot

cool. it doesn't make them in style. it just means you're okay with being out of style in certain ways

no it means in style is a meme for follower faggots without individual taste

have you ever dressed without looking at someone else first

And shitty vaporwave clothing with random fucking Kanji is in style these days. What’s your point

>i like the trendiest thing irrespective of trends

not entirely sure that works.

i hate pants that cling to your skin like fucking yoga pants
t. 160 lb 5'11" manlet

nigga how fucking behind on trends are you

that's some early 2010s yung lean tumblr shit

you're right skinny jeans will always be in style however according to dipshit over there ~*loosewave*~ is the name of the game cuz everyone saying they love raf simons finally got to someone (no it's because of vetements and then rick and raf following suit but idigress)

It's because trends seem to cycle and we are getting into looser clothing

It's obvious that you don't hang around fashionable people, because skinny jeans very much are out of style. The only people still wearing them are those who don't care about wearing fashionable clothes.

Idk about u user, but i prefer to have my balls smashed, and have my chicken legs' whispy frames on proud display

No, what I meant is that skinny jeans are the trendiest jeans and by that I don't mean a value judgement of them.
Like... Slim fit is less trendy than skinny, there will be more times through the cycles where people will think those are acceptable.
Straight cuts are less trendy than either because they're probably always going to be "normal."
Loose fit will be more trendy than straight but less trendy than skinny.
So even if skinnies are completely out of fashion at a time in the cycle it just seems kind of weird for them to be a personal preference irrespective of the trend cycle, am I making sense?

Made sense to me

no why would it be weird to have a personal preference irrespective of the trend cycle

bitch i am a fashionable person you're a follower who tries middling to hard

>to

i mean a lot of times i'll see someone on the street or insta and be like "damn thats a good look. like those pants." then I'll cop the pants or somethin like that. does your sense of style just materialize from nothing? you have no cultural anchors guiding your tastes?
lol no its not
wear whatever you want, dude. chill. i'm just saying that style changes. you can also be in style and still wear what you want. no need to get all defensive about your fuckin jeans lmao

Good. Fuck all you faggots for jacking my style. I was wearing skinnies before the New Boyz made them uber mainstream back in 2008 and every dickass copped a pair.
>tfw still wearing skinny jeans and Hyperdunks at age 26
I'll ascend to fashion Nirvana soon.

>anime poster
>fashion nirvana

Oh, user...

This is kind of an autistic post, but I also remember pre-skinny days. You literally couldn't by them before 2005 at any mainstream outlets. You had to take in boot cut jeans to make them. A few places started carrying them around that time, but they were always called tapered jeans or cigarette jeans. Suddenly, they were rebranded "skinny jeans", and within a couple years they were the only jean you could find.

I really think that name is what made them take-off. It made them sound sort of elitist and therefore coveted.

When I was in middle school my friend told me his super secret on where he copped his skinnies
>womens section of pac sun

We'd paint over the flowers on the rivets to cover our tracks

I'm gonna say what I always say when this thread is posted: You're a pleb is you don't own multiple fits of jeans. Make your wardrobe trend proof, and even when you are wearing the flavor of the month, wear it better than the normies. If you really like fashion, that shouldn't be hard to do.

I'm not saying you shouldn't take cultural context into account when dressing yourself, just don't make it the be all end all. Take cues from designers you like, because, chances are, they don't follow stupid normie trends and actually embrace a variety of fits (except for one trick Hedi).

Great post.

>5'11" manlet
You wouldn't pass as a manlet even being a literal inch short of six whole feet.

Yes it is

>i am a fashionable person
No you're not.

I know a guy who wears skinny jeans because they have "skinny" in the name and he wants to "feel skinny." He actually told me that that's why he wears them. He apparently doesn't understand that "skinny" refers to the style and not the body type.

>s. Suddenly, they were rebranded "skinny jeans", and within a couple years they were the only jean you could find.
Yea, you kind go and buy "Skinny" Jeans at jean machine or Bluenotes. or Banana Republic, but they are NOT actually skinny jeans....sorry. but the realit is, skinny jeans have been around always, they just change the name, from slim fit, to tapered to whatever, they are the same..

the only real skinny like true skinny jeans are high end designer or H%M. all the rest are just as baggy as any other slim fit.

when you don't sell jeans smaller than 32 waist like Banana Repbuliv, how skinny can they be....

This.

irony these r the only people still wearing skinnies past the expiry date

Not really though. Most earlier iterations of skinny jeans didn't have the lycra content to fit like mid 00's to later skinnies. I was pretty much referring to lower tier clothing, since high fashion is usually outside of these trends.

You're stupid if you believe that the "skinny" in "skinny jeans" has anything to do with the waist size.

lol, no no it really isnt. not even the poster your responding to. that shits just old and i cant believe your confidence that its still hot shit.

jesus christ.. and i bet you're the type of person to call other people "snowflakes" too.

seriously though. if you didnt get all your information from Veeky Forums you might notice that. i mean, i still like skinny jeans too but im not gunna deny that baggy is back BAYBEEE!

Hell yeah. LOOSE is back BOYS

Im 150 pounds at 6'0. Pretty sure its just because they make my balls uncomfortable

A nice pair of tight jeans will never be out of style, woman will use them for the eternity of modern civilization and it will come and go in with men, it looks good regardless, I guess it depends on what you mean by skinny jeans.

Where the real niggas at?

>current year
>wearing skinny jeans
can you even aesthetic

Did you just imply that wearing non-skinny jeans is for soyboys? What kind of twisted world do you live in?

any kind of jeans are fucking pleb tier by now

also mfa just adopted skinny jeans so im not sure whats up with that OP

Nah, will never be out of style

Slim and even straight jeans were dorky because they looked like something your dad would wear in the 70s or 80s. No edge or attitude. I still think straight legs are whack because they are the safest cut.

youtube.com/watch?v=xLlr3HtcdGs

So first of all: Lupin the Third is rad. But
>using anime as reference for style
You and I both know that the silhouettes in animation aren't realistic. Nobody's fuckin legs look like that my guy.

also, those aren't skinny jeans. just anime-skinny-drawn straight leg pants on Lupin's skinny legs.

>5'11
>manlet

Please go outside

you really aren't, loser

>to

this should be on the sticky

i wear skinny jeans bc i like them and theyre comfortable.

Congrats, you look like everyone else.

thats ok

Nice dude. Hell yeah.

You shut your dirty fucking mouth about Hedi

as in middling to hard a scale you raging idiot

yea i like what i like not what other people like

no i'm really cool

when I wear them they're really tight around my calves and really baggy around my thighs and knees it looks ridiculous

okay mommy's special boy

goat fit

hhnngggg

Pacsun has pretty tight jeans, and their brand tends to fit me pretty well surprisingly

>understands fashion
get off my board

>your dad would wear in the 70s or 80s.
this is somehow a bad thing?

literally two of the most game-changing fashion decades of all time

>tfw everyone else is wearing loose pants so you can be cool in your skinny jeans

keep following trends and be unique! :)

He's talking about the 90's, teens usually don't try to emulate their parents fashion wise

>skinny jeans
>slim fit
>90s thrift/demarcocore
>asian inspired streetwear
>techwear
>monochrome
>male art hoe

You don't look cool. You look lost in time.

I've seen a lot of people just catching on to it recently too. kinda makes me cringe desu

The personal preference is a "trend heavy" choice while making a show of not caring about trends.

ok sorry bye

or it's nothing of the sort

maybe to people who are self-conscious

how your jeans should fit in 2018

Hedi Slimane looks like a moribund lemur. I'm not sure why so many people fell for le coke snorting croissant man meme.

They are, in cool places like berlin, but you can wear skinnies in your village

>Nobody's fuckin legs look like that my guy.

y-yeah, nobody's legs are that skinny, right? haha

90% of the people wearing skinny jeans were never skinny enough for them in the first place

He looks awful, like one of those girls in junior high with the weird horsey gaits that always wore leggings

My brother is Veeky Forums and he believes that wearing ultra tight skinny jeans (leggings with jeans texture) makes him look good because he doesn't skip legday. He also throws his skinnies in the dryer so they become even tighter.

>like Berlin
Berlin is pretty avant-garde. Skinnies stopped being cool there ages ago.
Nowadays skinnies aren't cool in any place over 100.000 people. Only when I go back to my parents in some dead-end 20k town I still see people wearing skinny jeans.

So dressing like a special ed ICP fan is effay now? This really is the most hilarious timeline.

I'll wear other types of pants loose, but jeans look fucking awful if they're anything but skinny

I wear 36" 502's and they look kind of silly. I don't think I'll buy another pair of tapered jeans until I'm down to 32 or so. Used to be 56...

Skinny jeans are always in. Loose jeans are just a trend like rick Owens was

>out of style
>following a style

the most soy beta thing you could do as a man

women and queers follow trends

i feel sorry for anyone who fell for le skinny jeans are timeless meme

Jeans over all are a trend

hideous

SICK SIKH

>being this young
>making me realize I'm old

As a cyclist and swimmer I am quite glad it’s happening :3