Why do you Veeky Forums?

I have always been a snappy dresser , keeping up with the latest options and willing to spend a major chunk of my income on fits.
I am pretty sure my major motivation for this was impressing women.
I have decided this year that I am no longer going to spend my life and resources on trying to find a woman who is most likely going dump me in five years once a child is born and leave me in a life of slavery by means of child support.
This has happened to too many of my friends.
My question is : is fashion still worth it as a hobby?
What are the rewards beyond being attractive to the opposite sex?

Why do you Veeky Forums?

I want to be comfortable, and i like certain colours, materials and silhouettes. Sexual appeal is completely inconsequential to me.

So do you not follow fashion trends or seek out new cutting edge fashion ideas?

unironically narcissism

It began as essentially simple preening, wanting to look good enough, then wanting to look better than. It's been totally diff for ages, though.

I love making art. I'm a long time musician. I like expressing myself. Nowadays I really only keep up with fashion to the extent that it's another way for me to paint a picture, tell a story or play with images.
Surprisingly, it's in this late stage of my relationship with fashion that I've gotten the most compliments/superficial benefits from it. It's almost like I had to stop caring about the reasons I started dressing better in the first place in order for those aspects of my life to really get a bump from fashion...

No. I follow only few designers

It's another means of expressing myself without trying to talk to people.

this

So you have embraced it?
Does that work out ok?
You dont become a super mean evil person?

>keeping up with the latest options and willing to spend a major chunk of my income on fits.

pleb alert

fashion isn't about dressing for opposite sex

I believe that, ideally, your clothing should reflect who you are.

I do not seek to be sexually appealing, and to be honest most people find my way of dressing repulsive and over the top.

I just really like fashion. I dress up like I draw and paint. To express different feelings and ideas of mine. I don't need rewards other than the pleasure of making art and creating something new.

If you want a good woman you have to be a good man. Just looking like one won't do it.

Building a relationship isn't just about impressing the other.

This, I enjoy seeing myself look good.

>If you want a good woman
Let me stop you right there.
This is the problem. They do not exist any longer and have not for quite some time. Feminism has made monogamy a thing of the past. Finding a good woman is a fools errand

See, this is why you'll never find one. Honestly user, you sound pretty superficial/self centered and like you don't have much empathy. As a woman, I'd never want to be in a relationship with somebody like you.

Feminism did not make monogamy a thing of the past. Being a feminist does not make a girl instantly polyamorous. It mostly made women realize that men (and people in general) could definitely use some improvement. Present day women that look for relationships generally seek someone they can have a genuine connection with and who will treat them as an equal and will love them as a human being, not as an achievement. If you want a woman just to impress your friends and other people, it's perfectly understandable that they won't like you. Because women are not something you can just "get" like a new pair of shoes.

Also, genuinely kind people care about their peers. A kind woman will therefore care about her female peers. If you degrade these peers by saying that all women are bad, then good women will not like you because you are threatening the people that they are part of and care about. If you meet a girl and she agrees with you that all women except her are bad, there's a large chance she's a fucked up person.

You can improve yourself user. You need to get rid of your toxic ideas about women. it's not always other people's fault.

Because I people general don't like me, and I don't like myself. I wanted to better myself and dressing myself to suit how to generally feel and how I want people to persieve me was important.

narcissism generally means you are full of youself, however most times in narcissism appears in depressed, people and its when you overthink how you appear to others.
"Symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism and a sense of entitlement."
I sometimes think im better than others and feel entitled, but i think most people have these feelings one time or another.
I guess my point is that narcissism isn't as bad as you think untill you get to the "disregard for others"

>>>tumblr

The opposite sex mostly doesn't give a fuck about what you wear, only your height, income, and attractiveness
If you're dressing to impress, it should be to impress members of your own sex to gain the respect of your peers, and that's mostly why I dress well. My gf doesn't give a shit about fashion or what I wear and tells me I spend too much on clothes.

Most famous and successful people in the world are the most blatant narcissists you could ever meet. Most people attribute it to them not being able to handle fame without it corrupting them, but in reality you kind of have to have some degree of narcissism to tell yourself that you belong on stage or in a movie and believe in yourself.

Superiority complex that arose from being a smart but introverted kid.
Unfortunately the introversion stuck around and the smartness only helps if I'm motivated. Fuck me I'm a lazy fuck.

fun I just find it really fun

Cock off, slit.

>Cock off, slit.
what did he mean by this

>cock off
"Go away"
>slit
"someone with a vagina"

incel tier faggot
you deserve to be the lonely retard you are with that mentality

are you an feminist ?

That seems mean