By what age should aspiring Veeky Forumsnessmen have moved out?

By what age should aspiring Veeky Forumsnessmen have moved out?

Is there a goal age? I'm hearing a lot of contradictory advice.

I moved out when I was 18

Everyone else is a faggot

You should stay at home as long as you can, especially when you're young.
The sooner you can save and invest money, the more time it'll have to exponentially grow.
A difference of 5 years can make a huge difference.

Instead of moving out, you should put all of the money you'd be paying on rent into your investments.

That is, unless it's a toxic environment. In that case, find some roommates.

>That is, unless it's a toxic environment. In that case, find some roommates.

This is the case.

I live in a decent area but with little to no jobs or growth and my parents are unironically holding me back.

The savings are nice but it's getting to a point when I don't think they're worth it.

1 year after college .

You should move out cause you'll develop an independent thinking mentality . You'll know how to manage money better . I don't know of any businessmen who became wealthy living at home.

This
> live with mom and dad to save money
is the most retarded meme I've heard, if you can't afford to live alone then stay with people .

As a matter of fact you should be leaving home to never return after High school.

I swear I see this thread every day

Are you being sincere?

Should people really move out that early?

How are they supposed to pay for rent AND school at the same time?

Job and loans I'm guessing

Find the nearest major city with a growing tech industry. Move there into a shared apartment.

I think you should move out before university for sure. Live on your own and possibly travel for a year before you attend university. You'll be so much better off for it.

Where the fuck do you find the money for all this?

Get a shitty job. Don't go to uni unless your parents will pay, or go to a foreign free uni. Save up for a programming bootcamp or something.

>Shitty job

Great $1600/month at best

>Programming bootcamp

That shit is for women, it will never give you a job it's just to suck money from retards

Yes. And your rent will be able $550 + $400 for food, that leaves $100 for public transit and $450 for saving. This is just to get you on your feet. You'll need to pic a more lucrative direction eventually.

Also, a good programming bootcamp will run you like 6k and have certain guarantees you'll get a job afterward. If you don't want to do that, you can always find a mentor or teach yourself, but you won't learn properly and it'll be harder than any normal schooling.

yeah. literally, who do you know that started a successful business living with mom and dad?

I moved out two weeks after high school ended. However, I had been working as a webdev for nearly 2 years at that point so I had accumulated a good degree of dough

How could anyone handle staying at home? If you're not dying to move out, then you're probably not able to self-teach a skill - and you're certainly never going to succeed at anything. Please realize that you need to start depending on yourself right this moment.

Damn bruh did your parents rape you or somethin?

Im not moving out until i have enough money to throw down a good deposit on a house,it just makes no sense to move out and waste my money on rent as that would make the whole saving up process take so much longer.if you move out too soon you are just fucking yourself financially,

Bump

Move out at 18, 20 latest.

Whenever you're financially able to do so. The whole independence shtick is a meme. You mean to tell me if I browse Veeky Forums all day at my parents house I'm a bum, but if I do the same damn thing in my own apartment I'm "a man" and "independent"? Get the fuck out of here.

You are a meme

This.

Although I've found that not living with my parents gives me a huge confidence boost.

Unless you live in a tiny house with a shitty/noisy family, need to move closer to your work, or you intend on bringing a woman home, there's no reason to move out tbqh.

Waste of money. You could easily save thousands a year by living at home, plus there's less risk if you intend to do something other than working (like actual full-time business endeavors).

Didn't attend a bootcamp myself, but if you're like the average 4channer who can't commit themselves to independent study very well it's a good way to learn valuable technical skills in a particular area while being held to expectations without getting robbed by a university for a subpar education.

Plus some businesses in this area actually hire people with no experience / formal computing education other than bootcamp completion.

Bill Gates, you numb nut.

You're no bill gates m8

I agree with this. I'm living at home working skilled labor and saving my ass off (24). I'm sitting on 20K and I only moved back home a year ago. I plan on staying for minimum another year and banking and investing all that dank surplus that doesnt make it into my retirement fund. My coworkers are living paycheck to paycheck whereas 90% of my check is going into my investment portfolio/retirement/savings. It's a "social stigma" and I think consumerist agenda or crab mentality of people who moved out trying to make you suffer bills and poorlife with them. Read into that if you want or dont.

I am looking forward to moving out once I'm financially comfortable. I'm in no hurry though. Fuck if my investments continue to do as well as they did this year I could buy a house outright in 5 years and live comfortably.

Depends on your relationship with your folks though. I dont get charged with rent, I help out around the house, dad has stage 4 cancer so me being home helps to keep up on home maintenance stuff and help him out. Obvious downsides, if I'm really hitting it off with a girl at the bar, I dont invite her back to my place like I used to when I had an apartment. But fuck women get money is my mentality right now. My coworkers my age that rag on me for living at home are also always complaining about bills and being too broke to do anything or fix their car or whatever, forget about investing for retirement etc.

People are really polarized on this. If you feel like moving out and you have some savings go for it. If your comfortable staying home and putting away some cash though I would definitely recommend it. I would have probably $5K saved right now instead of $20K

>I help out around the house
>dad has stage 4 cancer
Why does every pussy who overstays their welcome in mommy & daddy's basement claim to be:

(1) some god-tier handyman/butler; and

(2) some magically savant healthcare worker?

I guess I'm sorry if you're your being honest about your father's illness, but the reality is that I highly doubt your story given how often I hear the EXACT same lines repeated by 100's of beta faggots.

Because it's a fun lie to tell yourself.

>Yeah I'm not a man child beta loser who is unable to cut the cord... I'm saving THOUSANDS of dollars! I'm just like Bill Gates, also I'm helping my parents, see it's not me being a manchild but it's rather my parents NEED me to stay with them, see it's okay now. I'm not a manchild

I'm 24 and live at home, have 40k saved up, would have 100k but I spent a bunch on education. Considering moving out soon to a friends house soon because I feel stagnant and behind my peers.

How do I find a place to live outside of rent and Craigslist? I'm looking for a cheap studio but can't find any.

apartments.com

>oy vey, aren't you ashamed of yourself, you overgrown manbaby?? get out of that house and sign this lease or you'll never be a real man you stupid goy

If you have to rent then you might as well be living with your parents. It only makes sense to move out unnecessarily when you can afford to be truly independent. This goes for mortgages too btw. If there's any possibility that you will lose your income and have to come crawling back then you should accept that you're poor and desperately cling to your money rather than spending it as if you're a free man.

Unless you're planning on being a provider anyway. In that case, paying your landlord's mortgage will be good practice.

Moving out young is a white people thing.
All the Asians and Indians I know are successful and still live with their parents. They only move out when it's time to get married.

>Oy vey good goy, never cut the cord with your parents. Stay an eternal manchild, you want to save $1500/month, don't you??!!

oyyy veyy good goy you want to save money don't you? Live with your parents into your 30's, go on play some League of Legends, you want to have FUN don't you?

bump

Hinestly, the best age to move out would be 23. At least then, you can moovh off your parents while stockpiling your shitty base salary until you have a 5 digit stockpile to put on your own place

Thanks mister Shekelstein, got any more money-saving tips?

don't listen to this schmuck goy. If everyone thought like him, why, we'd have an economic holocaust! REAL men pay their own way, but you're in luck because I have an incredible place for rent right now! I have the cure for your Peter Pan syndrome and it's only $1500 a month! No, no, you don't need to thank me, I'm just glad I could help. he he he just sign right here. what? you don't have renters insurance?? no problem my cousin can set you right up. of course you will get your deposit back, you can trust me!

Yes listen to this smart man, good goy.

Oy gevalt, you wouldn't want to become MASCULINE or... *GASP* independent??? Now would you??!!

Why would you want higher testosterone? ONLY NAZIS WANT TO ELEVATE THEIR TESTOSTERONE LEVELS. Go on goy, eat some soy and some fat-free products from our wonderful kosher and gluten-free store.

good goy, testosterone is only for RACISTS and NAZIS

>moving out boosts testosterone
okay i lol'd. you should take this to

I guess I mean is there any other place? I heard sunbathing about rental agencies something. Those websites are filled with sponsored places that are twice the average rent

Not getting cuckolded by your parents probably has a direct relation to your testosterone levels.

How a man can be satisfied or feel he has normal test levels while living under his parents is just beyond me.

i left at 17, your families house is a place where you can't grow (very simply put) and you will just be lame.

If your parents have seduced your loved one you might have bigger problems.

Is feeling like you have normal test levels the same as having normal test levels?

I left home at 22 after I finished college. No debt too.