What are some alternative boot brands to Red Wing or Wolverine that offer the same aesthetic in a similar price range?

What are some alternative boot brands to Red Wing or Wolverine that offer the same aesthetic in a similar price range?
Wolverine has QC issues and Red Wing does that bump toe thing I don't like. But I like that look and style.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/7qxy6p/the_2018_beginners_boot_buying_guide/
koutny-cz.cz/en/produkty/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

blunbderstones are nice

Alden
Allen Edmonds

Chippewa & Thorogood

Check out Chippewa Apaches if you don't really know what you like yet. They're on the cheaper side, but they'll last forever, provided you don't abuse them.

Is quality an issue for Chippewa since they're much cheaper?

I have IR and LL Bean Katahdin which is literally rebranded chippewa apache, made by Chippewa for LL bean, and the quality is the same.

As I understand, some of the internal material is from china on the Chipewa but assembled in the US. Goodyear welt.

I like the Chipewa boots better because they are essentially IR boots without the toe bump.

Red Wing offer the Flat Toebox versions of the Beckmans now. Check Nordstrom Rack for seconds.

try this my dude:

reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/7qxy6p/the_2018_beginners_boot_buying_guide/

THEY USE FOAMBOARD INSOLES NOT FULL LEATHER LIKE RED WINGS

Why wouldn't you replace the insoles, on either. They both suck.

When does Nord restock?

>paying several hundred for mass produced “american heritage” boots Handmade european heritage boots can be had for a similar price, and I’d say that’s orders of magnitude more effay
koutny-cz.cz/en/produkty/

That website is so shit they deserve to go out of business for it

For real, that UI is for the birds.

Did Chippewa change the names of their boots or something? Apache and Homestead are no longer listed as models on their site

Bump

Must have phased them out. That explains why I was able to get a pair of Homesteads for under $100 on STP though, must have been a closeout sale

The Aldrich seems to have replaced them

How true to size are your boots? I'm always super hesitant to buy online without trying on first in case they run small or big

Not a fan

Oakstreet Bootmakers are a bit more expensive but you might be able to find a sale.
Thursday is cheaper and has a slimmer profile but may have QC issues.
Honestly the chances you get a dud are gonna be pretty low with Wolverines or Thursday despite what you've heard, IMO.

I've never heard anything good about Thursday but I'll look into them

I got a pair of these, different style.

Shitty leather and the toecap is plastic, never has a nice worn in look.

How do you wear boots like this?

CHIPPEWA GENERAL SERVICE BOOTS

It's been recently rebranded as the Aldrich boot. Leather is good, break in time is next to nothing. I'd say they run just a cunt hair longer in the toe than my red wing 8111. This ended up being perfect because I bought them specifically for this winter and they fit perfectly with wool socks on. Would highly recommend them. They are defiently on par with my red wings and I got them on sale for 200.

For reference

for the love of god, this. im not trying to looke like reddit male fashion advice. the boots arent as important as the overall look you’re going to achieve with them (unless youre wearing them for work). someone post some pics on how to achieve different styles. so far the only style ive ever liked is the goose

It's literally that easy though. Jeans/chinos and a tee shirt.

>however if you're fat, ugly, short, or a teen it's bound to look like reddit trash.

except that you gotta be fit, have adequate shoulder-to-heda and height and not look like a little fag

agreed. its really about being Veeky Forums

Just wear whatever you want with them. Button shirts and flannels look great with leather boots, jeans and chinos look great.
Leather boots are clean, classy and look great if you're not a teenager or out of shape

junkard

Why even post these shitty looking res pics?
Fuck off with this trash

My Brannock size is 11D and my Converse low tops are size 11.

I went with a 10D on my Homesteads and they are a perfect fit. My advice is size down at least half a size or a full size.

I'm an 8.5 in Vans and an 8 in Red Wings(baby feet, I know). So I'll stick with half size down

What even is this?