M A R S C O R E

Mars Core - Lets make this a real thing, people.

This thread is for posting inspiration and fits sharing color pallets, and discussing theory.

Other urls found in this thread:

view.thespectrum.net/series/planetes.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VC470ZRDK_8&t=0s&index=20&list=PLamnoxId_aK2qxsln0OiDh9s3Pa1vgfvb
spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/space-flight/what-to-wear-on-mars
youtu.be/Ybs2_QZYrMw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0U1ZuXIyw
ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mens-8-POCKET-CARGO-PANTS-in-RUST-COLOR-Button-Flap-Pleated-Side-Pockets/302387624449?hash=item4667b4fa01:m:mx2cxkdyzIdzVUTb6aG1utw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's a mars core

Your best bet is to not go public with it until you either (A) have multiple threads worth of inspo or (B) have several fits to show proof of concept.

I mean, that worked for me and others.

I think a good place to start might be figuring out what makes mars core different from just "lunarcore with red and brown shit."

A couple distinctions come to mind immediately.
First, there is the chronological difference. Lunar exploration is a thing of the past. A prior era. That makes lunarcore a retro-futurist movement, with all the accompanying aspects of nostalgia and historical context.
By contrast, mars has yet to be visited by humans. Therefore, while marscore should be influenced by historical space exploration, it is inherently science fiction and futuristic.

Second, we should consider the differences between Mars and the moon. Mars is much more massive, allowing it to retain an atmosphere. Mars is a dynamic world with active weather. In fact, Mars might even be capable of being terraformed. This could lead to much more sustainable colonies with greater self-sufficiency and independence from Earth.

True. But I've been seeing a lot of community interest in the idea, so at this point I'm just looking to increase engagement and collaboration.

Then collect ye some imagery! Here's a great manga that's got no make believe fantasy shit and lotsa great mars inspo. Certainly was a help in sourcing a lot aesthetic details when I was building my own wardrobe of lunar shite.

That's what we're here to figure out. It's a new community-developed futuristic space exploration/colonization themed style.

view.thespectrum.net/series/planetes.html

Carl Sagan lookin' Mars-fly

thanks for that!

What's colonisation

The dark, cold desert, gritty sci-fi world of colonial Mars has been a subject of popular culture for quite a while now.
Examples include videogames like Red Faction, and films such as Total Recall and Ghosts of Mars.

col·o·ni·za·tion
kälənəˈzāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: colonization; plural noun: colonizations; noun: colonisation; plural noun: colonisations

the action or process of settling among and establishing control over the indigenous people of an area.
"Africa boasts a tradition of higher education institutions that predate Western colonization"
the action of appropriating a place or domain for one's own use.
"the complete colonization of television entertainment by reality shows"
Ecology
the action by a plant or animal of establishing itself in an area.
"lower airway bacterial colonization"

This is autism incarnate.

We also have more realistic precolonial depictions, such as The Martian, which portray Mars as the desolate, hostile and utterly alien world that it is.

ofc. I'm noticing one major diff in lunar and mars off the bat - you can swap out the retrofuturism and replace it with more contemporary futurism, as well as allow for appropriation of present day hunting/outdoor/special use gear that would break the lunarcore mold too much.

stop being boring and afraid to take risks

>kälənəˈzāSH(ə)n/
This is an English board dipshit

This is lunar core but orange themed. Next

Something white people do

eat a martian dick

The inclusion of hiking and tactical gear is a good inclusion to get this away from being another larp core. So far I think this is the only grid that an user has posted.

Plus there is that show The Expanse.

Dasright son

Knoch had some that fits are good jumping off points. Anyone know what the jacket is?

Dune Core

Yes thank you

>>found the Earthlubbers

Holy shit this is awesome!

Gonna put this to good use, thanks!

I see a lot of potential crossover between Dune fashion and marscore.

Mark my words, Denis Villeneuve's Dune is gonna make this core explode.

check out dune's costume design. The house atriedes jackets are insane.

Music inspo:
youtube.com/watch?v=VC470ZRDK_8&t=0s&index=20&list=PLamnoxId_aK2qxsln0OiDh9s3Pa1vgfvb

that shirt is too cosplayingie and ruins the fit

Where do you think you are right now?

Sorry to break it to you bro, but you're posting on Veeky Forums.

Exactly. I think we're prime for this.

That jacket is dope af is what it is brah

This is the coolest development I've read about in a while! Very excited to see where this goes. Post more fits!

Saw these at Nike the other day. I personally hate the shoe but love the color

The height of technology and fashion

dammit-forgot link
spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/space-flight/what-to-wear-on-mars

Anyone know where I can find tall side-zip boots like this?

I'd ask the Milspo bois

what are these called again

It's a BGS Sumpfmuster camo jacket

I kinda like it. The p-cord bracelet thing is straight up autism core

But Marscore is just a sub genre of Lunarcore..............

Yeah, sure, but even if you follow that line of reasoning, this is the original genre blossoming into more things (as genres are wont to do), and in doing so solidifying the foundations of the first and keeping one's look limber enough to stay ahead of them earthbound saps.

An old fit of mine. Sneakers are out of place but yah.

youtu.be/Ybs2_QZYrMw

The slower, more atmospheric parts of this OST really fit what I'm seeing upstairs, mind's eye.

I think that part of what Mars might hold aesthetically is that it's not about space travel per se - it's a tangible place, unexplored and promising great discoveries to our species. We know space is a void, we don't yet know about the martian surface.

nice jacket

what about the native martians-core?

KYS.
Colonization only helped for retards to become civilized.

>look up how your people were before being colonized
>Imagine living like them without any technology introduced by white evil men
>Do people on average make it to 20?
>Wake up from nightmare
You're welcome

Stay on topic.

That was such a great episode.

Could Luke's ESB outfit be adapted for marscore (maybe with a palette change)?

I'm by no means a final word on this, or even that knowledgeable, as it's unbroken ground in many ways... BUT - I think you don't need to change the ENTIRE palette of something to give its connotations a push in the mars direction. Pic Related is just lunar shit y'all seen b4 but I think it's headed in the direction this thread is getting at because of little details. Like the tan, the orange. Orange plays off green nicely, but full planetside? I'd maybe choose different pants, and aim to inject the whole fit with a dash of "expedition". If you dig.

Luke's fit over there could work great even if you only changed how you employ accessories or how you wear the uniform or outfit itself - I imagine a planetside expeditionary force would be styled in a more laid back fashion. You'd see accoutrements of exploration that wouldn't be needed to be 'always on hand' in the ready made environment of an orbital habitat.

TLDR - yeah, and you don't even need to swap palettes, just the manner in which you style the garments and accessorize.

this counts as marscore? or only if it's "realistic"?

aelita and the happy merchant

need an ID on pants

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0U1ZuXIyw

me gusta

I think in general we're trying to veer away from the retro sci-fi stuff with this, but that's not to say you couldn't throw in some subtle elements for flavor.

I feel like mars core would have more rugged clothing due to the terrain, im not sure if it's just me but it seems like mars is a bit harsher than the moon and would call for thicker or more protective clothes.

I agree with that, I'm trying to find more rust colored work and hiking gear (heritage tech wear) that would look appropriate for the fits. Only problem is that some of it gets really tacticool operator larping.

threw together a couple fits.
They're pretty pleb-tier so suggestions would be great.

switch out the shirt first then jacket eventually but i like the bottom half those pants are perfect

better but use a plain shirt that fits the color palate

this is sick get a marscore jacket and it would be amazing

I have a black alpha industries flight jacket, do you think that would be more appropriate?

Green is underrated for marscore

Yeah the contrast is good.

it would be more appropriate but i think these would look better with a red shade rust color stuff or olive green jacket more akin to pic related to take it to the next level

and a plain shirt

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.
I actually have a vintage green nomex cuw-36 flight jacket on the way, perhaps that will look better.

Also, what's the consensus on flight jackets vs. field jackets? I feel like flight jackets are more astro in general, but I guess field jackets could possibly give a good planetside vibe. Maybe anoraks are where it's at on mars?

I think the glacier glasses are pretty good for Mars.
>thin atmosphere
>gotta protect those eyes from the UV radiation

ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mens-8-POCKET-CARGO-PANTS-in-RUST-COLOR-Button-Flap-Pleated-Side-Pockets/302387624449?hash=item4667b4fa01:m:mx2cxkdyzIdzVUTb6aG1utw

These are cool!

Where are the cargos from

Sweet belt!

Thanks
Duluth Trading dry on the fly cargo work pants
Thanks, I think the parachute buckle adds a bit of an aviation feel.

messing around with some stuff how do you guys thinks this would look put together patches would go on the jacket

Me too, I want to get a sturdy pair of cargos. Should I just go with Duluth or Carhartt? Wrangler?

I would keep it to two patches. More than that might look awkward. Also, what boots are those?

The patches are too cosplay.