Why is eating healthy so expensive?

Why is eating healthy so expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How so? Are we talking protein shakes in mason jars or vegetables at a supermarket?

What are you eating retard? Take out?

It's not. there have been thousands of studies on this subject. go lurk Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums they eat for 10 dollars a day

supermarket.

I don't eat take out. I buy all my shit from the supermarket.

Fresh fruits, tea, vegetables, natural meats, nuts, etc are all far more expensive than things like frozen pizzas, milk, chicken tendies, potato chips, soda, etc.

It's not

Buy rice, beans, lentils, milk, whey protein, broccoli, oats, eggs(LOTS of them). And so on

Very cheap

>go lurk Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums they eat for 10 dollars a day

Veeky Forums is full of idiots

Veeky Forums is unqualified to discuss this topic since they consider salted frozen chicken breasts from Wal-mart as healthy.

What is your idea of "healthy" then?

>Fresh fruits, tea, vegetables, natural meats, nuts

I'll grant you that rice, beans, and oats from your post are typically not expensive, but living on that alone does not provide a balanced diet.

>cheap
> $10 a day

Pick one faggot

It's a conspiracy to oppress us.

you serious?

Meat is the only thing that's really expensive. Our family of 3 spends $125 a week on groceries and about $30 or $40 is meat

Spoilers: Eggs aren't healthy.

there is no guarantee any of that will be healthy tho.
fruits and veggies are choked in chemicals every day of their life some of which is outright scary. meats are pumped full of antibiotics growth hormones and steroids. peanuts will be full of contaminants and toxins too (they are not actually nuts tho).

are you retarded? if you are talking about cholesterol go back read a few recent research in the subject it's all a lie.

It's not

2016. Being this retarded. Come the fuck on kid. COME. THE. FUCK. ON.

You can get all manner of healthy foods for less than $2 per pound: Chicken Breast, Broccoli, Cottage Cheese, Rice, Oats, Fruits, Beans

I live in fucking massachusetts too, so it's not like my area is particularly cheap. Fuck's sake people are so fucking braindead I swear to god fucking morons

if you addressed that to me, yes blood cholesterol levels are unrelated to dietary cholesterol intake but show some connection to being overweight and inactive lifestyle.

you can eat all the eggs and some if you work out.

Because actual food is getting scarce. Modern food is filled with artificial ingredients, sweetners, chemicals, antibiotics and generally low on nutritional value. It's a cheap replacement for real food. This is how you keep billions of plebs fed. You want to eat real food, you have to pay accordingly

>Monsanto

It's not, but spontaneously trying different online recipes with no shared ingredients and cooking for one is expensive. Even then it isn't really, but I'm poor.

Truly a retarded person
I bet you don't even eat activated almonds

Use of hormones in chicken has been illegal since before you were born.

yeah sure but they still do it nevertheless

Lol you think the average chicken produce at a super market isn't messed with I got bad news for ya.

Enjoy your processed corn fed chicken with food coloring to make their egg yolks give the illusion of being more nutritional and yellow(yes this happens)

You're a mindless consumer.

i spend 250$/month for 2500 kcal/day. chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, yogurt, soymilk, bread, oats, pasta, veggies, fruits, peanut butter.

start shopping at asian, hispanic or middle eastern markets. im in southern cali, so they are everywhere. most things are 60% the price of mainstream markets.

> $10 a day
If you eat for more than $5 you fucked up

Regular Day for Veeky Forumsizen
> Oats (50 cents a bowl, conservativly) in whole milk with a protein shake
> Rice, Frozen mixed veggies ($1 per bag, 1 bag is 3 servings), chicken breast
> BBQ Chicken breast in the slow cooker with black beans, mash it to make a sandwich. Use 2 burger buns.
> Rice, oats, and dry black beans ARE PENNIES per serving
> Chicken breast is $7 per 3 lb bag, each bag is 8-9 breasts (about 3 days worth, so $2.33 worth of chicken breast a day - your greatest expenditure)
> Hamburger buns are $2 for 8, you'll use 2 a meal so $.50
> + $.25 for use of spices/condiments

It's fucking simple people.

>not activated almonds
>no 4 scoops a day

not gonna make it

Ha, you said the thing.

im guessing you are 5'5" 130 lbs?

You can literally eat at chipotle for $10 a day

> Chicken breast is $7 per 3 lb bag

Like I said, Veeky Forums is unqualified to discuss this topic since they have no conception of what is actually healthy and what is not. The only items on the nutrition label Veeky Forums cares about are the calories, protein, and fat quantity. They completely disregard anything else on the label.

That is fucking disgusting. Your chicken bean mash recipe needs to die

Oh shit I didn't even read that at first lol... pretty sad

Why do Veeky Forumsfags always brag about their "inexpensive" slave food?

You're fucktarded. I bet you think the only "healthy" food is sold for $12/lb at whole fools and it has to be free range organic local and blessed by a shinto priest.

Chicken IS one of the healthiest foods available. Veeky Forums is more or less correct, except their views on fruit. If you ate a Veeky Forums diet of fruit, veg, chickun, oatz, beanz, eggz, and brown/wild rice it would be extremely healthy and cheap. That is more or less my diet, and I eat on about $25-30 a week.

You sound assblasted. What, did Veeky Forums laugh at your skinnyfat body and call you a manlet? They're correct 9/10 times. Tell me, what besides nutrient content determines healthiness of food? Woo and magic and hipsterness? Memes like gluten-free? Being sold by a "healthy" company like whole fools and trader joes for 3x the price of anywhere else for the same fucking shit in a fancy label?

I fucking hate this meme.

Last weekend I made lentil and bacon broth.

180g of Turkey bacon
400g green lentils
I Carrot
1 onion
1 stick of celery
2 garlic cloves
2 vegetable stock pots
1.5 litres of hot water.

That feeds 8 people and cost me about 7 pounds.

Just fuck off and eat a Big Mac you fat fuck.

You are a fucking idiot

I forgot to add a savoy cabbage to that list.

But yes, 7 pounds gets you 8 portions

Boneless chicken breast is expensive, wtf.

>Bacon
>Healthy
It causes cancer.

I can get a piece of Salmon for around 2.50€ (more expensive because it's preseasoned). Add a bowl of rice and a bowl of Miso Soup and you're at around 3.30€ for a filling and healthy meal.

Another example is tuna pasta with cherry tomatoes. Costs me around 3€ for a huge portion and really only consists of Pasta, tuna and tomatoes

>muh outdated studies

yolks are mostly bad for cholesterol for a very minimal amount of the human population, its actually perfectly healthy to eat 5-6 eggs a day, with yolks, unless youre a minority.

you niggas a dumb as fuck.

I buy my groceries at costco

>1 bag of super greens for breakfast (kale, spinach, lemon juice, olive oil are its main ingredients)
$10 per bag, 3 meals per bag, 600 calories per meal, get ALL your fiber in one fucking meal
>bananas for snacks
literally fucking $3 for a fucking bushel. so fucking cheap its not even funny
>whey protein
$50 for 75 servings, 125 calories per scoop
>bag of frozen fruits
$10 for a huge bag of them, easy to make a healthy fruit smoothie, although high in natural sugar, use bananas and a bag of spinach or greens with them, which is another $4 or $5 at costco for a huge bag
>box of 6 unsweetened almond juice
like $12 and 30 calories per cup of it, super healthy
>box of old fashioned oats
comes with a shit ton for like $12 or something, can make oatmeal with those fruits you got nigga, add some unsweetened almond milk for a little more flavoring you fucking barbarian
>16 apples
like $7 you fucking niggers

add 60 minutes of cardio a day and youll be healthy as fuck

2.50 for a piece of salmon? Wtf? I pay that three times as much here in italy.

>bananas for $0.39/lb
>apples for $1.000/lb
Yeah real fuckin expensive if you eat 50lbs a day

>he eats nothing but lawn clipping smoothies and oatmeal
>he actually considers a scoop of whey to be "food."

No wonder so many people from Veeky Forums are so depressed and angry all the time.

>eating healthy
Keep your frog posting faggot opinion to yourself you fat fuck. It's all about moderation, there is no such thing as "healthy" foods that's something the companies use to promote their products; sure some foods are better than others and you can only get vitamins and minerals fron some foods but as long as you control the amount of the food you eat there should not be a problem.

I live with my parents, (just turned 18 and not in uni) and i get no say in what they buy when shopping. Usually frozen pizzas; chips, burgers, fries, cakes, rice, fried chicken and i eat out at least twice a week; yet i'm sitting here at 12% body fat at

where is the thread:
>faces of Veeky Forums

I bet y'all fat bloated fucks or skinny little bitches. this board should be named /cucks/

Don't be retarded you fuck. I eat healthily for $150 a month

You don't know what you're talking about, that much is clear.

>wants me to list the other 50% of what I eat

eggs
chicken
fish
sometimes pizza
burgers

its not hard.

I'm sure you look great, bud.

>not wanting to be big
>preferring a healthy emotional state to gainz
Pussy

>captcha has burgers

Sarcasm?

>dat momscience

>$10 a day
>autistic
>spend $10 a day on food
>$400 to live in a house per month
>$20 left for basic needs
>autism fucking makes life impossible
>unemployable

How the fuck has no one been honest with you about this?
Food is still THUMPING in price user.

>tfw raise chickens
>tfw get tons of eggs

Get fucked

Never worth it. Chickens are hell.

It's not that bad. Yeah they are filthy as fuck, but that's what soap was invented for. Just wash your hands and you'll be fine.

$60 A month? No fuck taking care of 3 chickens per dollar per month.
Unless you have a godly setup.

>coffee and cigs

whats so hard faggots?

fruit isn't healthy tho. You need to eat at most one a day. Oranges specially have been linked to neurological diseases. But yeah, you should eat them sometimes

>fruit isn't healthy tho

You are way too fucking stupid to have an opinion

>I do not shop for groceries regularly: the post
Fruits and veggies are cheap if you buy them in season and don't get fancy shit. Rice, beans, and sandwich bread form the basis of the ultimate poverty diet and things like chicken breasts are cheap meat.

how about not being poor? Also fast food is convenient some time for busy people. The trick is to go to low end grocery stores and not to fall for organic or locally sourced meme.

Because when you're trying to eat the healthiest for the cheapest amount possible eating isn't about "feeling good" or "tasting good food" anymore, it's about what it's meant to be about. Staying alive. Stay poor.

Fucking sign value my friend.
When you buy organic you aren't just paying for the product, you are paying for your own moral redemption in the eyes of society.

Included in the price is ethical conspicuous consumption

Because you fell for the LOHAS scam.
Weil Sie auf den LOHAS-Beschiss reingefallen sind.

How is it expensive? I live off of microwave brown rice at 50p each. I hoard low fat minced steak at £5 a pack (750g) cut it before i freeze that shit so i don't have to defrost the whole thing. I stack up on tinned veg less than 50p each. Any additives like jalepenos are kept in jars of vinegar so they don't go off. All of my flavorings are kept in granulated form (onion, garlic, mushroom etc.)

granted it doesn't taste the best but it keeps me fed and healthy. The only thing i splash money on is flavored green tea... salted caramel flavor to be exact.

It's easy when you know how OP. You just have to make your money last longer by buying food that doesn't spoil quickly. Flavor and enjoyment should be the last thing on your mind when it comes to eating healthy and saving money.

Where do you guys buy chicken breast that it is so inexpensive?

>fruits and veggies are choked in chemicals

Oh no, not CHEMICALS!
I hope I don't have any CHEMICALS in my body right now!
To think, I could be eating and drinking CHEMICALS and not even know it!

>Oh no, not DICKS!
I hope I don't have any DICKS in my body right now!
To think, I could be eating and drinking DICKS and CUM and not even know it!

This is correct.

For those who disagree, enjoy your heart disease.

Health is about way more than bodyfat, famalam

>I do

This. 50lbs of rice from local Korean shop, $7. 10 pounds of halal beef (you want to talk about not tampering with meat? Fucking muslims are insane about food cleanliness,) for $1.80/pound. Local farmer's markets for fruits and veggies, and barring any of that, local butcher shops will save you without shittons of additives.

This is one of the angriest threads I've ever seen on Veeky Forums and it's about food, incredible.

Supermarked food is complete and utter trash, the only healthy thing you can get there now is nuts, everything else is filled with some shit, and the packaging is filled with some shit, also enjoy having your life ruined by decease by age 40 because ' it's all a conspiracy ''

I like how you are so insecure, you assume that guy is talking to you when its clearly addressed to OP

Don't american supermarkets sell fresh/semi-fresh/unprocessed food? Like over here (holland) you can just buy fresh veggies and potatos and meat and everything at the supermarket, instead of at some overpriced deli place.

b-but user,meat and dairy is not healthly.
and before you mindlessly jump to the reply button check your facts first.

michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

are you talking about the researches funded by the egg industry?what about taking a second look on those facts.

>The myth that dietary cholesterol is to blame for raised blood cholesterol has been around for some time. It has even infiltrated dietary guidelines. In particular the USA have long advised the restriction of dietary cholesterol to below 300mg per day. However last year their advisory committee said that cholesterol restriction was not necessary and that instead saturated fats are to blame for high cholesterol. Their report provides the basis for the updated 2015 Dietary Guidelines from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
even the fucking us where it all began is now officially backpedaling
>In fact, when researchers at Harvard Medical School analyzed data from almost 120,000 men and women, they found that eating the equivalent of an egg a day did not increase the risk of heart disease or stroke. A more recent Harvard Medical School study, published in 2008, also found that otherwise healthy men could eat up to seven eggs a day with little risk.

yeah the egg industry is behind all this all the doctors are bought sure.

>can't read an entire sentence
>must reply bullshit hysterically
kek

>BIG-EGG.

nice source cuck

mfw the almonds I bought weren't activated