This is the house my parents are considering buying. Would you guys say it's an ugly Mcmansion and not effay...

This is the house my parents are considering buying. Would you guys say it's an ugly Mcmansion and not effay? They want 1.3 mil for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8
mcmansionhell.com/101#_=_
realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/18690087/447-WHISPERING-WATER-TR-Elbow-Valley-Estates-Rural-Rocky-View-County-Alberta-T3Z3V1-Elbow-Valley-Estates
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's off balance and the features don't blend well together. I don't know enough about architecture to give more specifics though. Definitely a total McMansion.

(You)

IF I HAD THE CAPITAL TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD THAT HOUSE, I WOULD RATHER INVEST MY MONEY IN BUYING A TRACT OF LAND, AND IN BUILDING A SMALLER, BUT PERSONALIZED, HOUSE ON THAT LAND, WITH BETTER QUALITY OF MATERIALS, AND WITH BETTER DESIGN, RATHER THAN WASTE MY MONEY ON A PREBUILT ABERRATION.

REGARDLESS, I DOUBT THAT Veeky Forums IS AN APT BOARD TO BE ASKING FOR THIS KIND OF ADVICE.

Fake tudor facades are a major NO, OP

hideous

Paint all the browns white and the white trim black. Fixed

It looks like a gingerbread house literally

Just beacuse you type with caps lock on, doesn't mean we are any more obliged to read it.

Fuck off.

>Just beacuse you type with caps lock on, doesn't mean we are any more obliged to read it.

And?

Where do you live that that's only 1.3 mil. I live in Australia and that'd be like 2+ mil

Calgary Alberta Canada. This city is probably on the reasonable end of things in terms of house pricing. This house would prob be also 2+ mil if it were in Vancouver or Toronto.

>house

Who here /comfy artistic apartment singular celibate lyfe/? Low paying artistic job, living alone in a cheap apartment, a lot of parties, indie music gigs... young forever my nigga. Can’t imagine having family and taking care of a lot of people and things like house and garden and pool. I’m not ready for maturity.

That house would be probably 4 mil if it where in Vancouver.

It's a beautiful house but I don't think its big enough to considered a mcmansion

>mcmansion

i mean mansion.

>beautiful house

kys

Mabye stop complaining about your 1.3 million dollar fucking house

If it was in Toronto and not the GTA try 5-10 mil.

A 1 mil house in Toronto is a small one or two story home, and listing price is usually way off from selling price because of closed bids. It's normal for a house to sell for over 100k more than listing price.

I'm from Montreal originally and the house market there is super reasonable, and a house like you posted lists up to 3mil depending on location.

closer to 8 or 10 mill my dude. crack houses go for 4 mil here

Sorry, OP. Definitely a McMansion. One of the defining qualities of a McMansion is no clear central mass. It is a prime example of that. Plus, it's faux-Tudor done horribly wrong.

>he drops trip

i can only imaginr how horrible it is to be autistic to the point of being unable to live by yourself and mexican

for me, its a fate worse than death

What the hell are you posting about? Whatever you say, my schizo...

this would run at lest 8 million where I live

Where?

Manhattan

shits suck....1.3 for that little yard space is a shite bargain, even for a metro location. The features don't align or blend and there isn't any pronouncement of symmetry for the entrance....McFuckBox

>This is the house my parents are considering buying
no they aren't, your parents can't afford that.
Considering you pulled this off of a "top 10 ugly mansion list" while also asking how it looks, this is confirmed bait.

I just had that webpage open on another tab and had my mouse hovering over it, showing the name.

Also, just noticed that they dropped it 50K. Which probably means they will definitely buy it now since their target price was 1.2 mil, it's been on the market for months, and no one else in Calgary is looking at 1 mil+ houses nowadays. They mostly likely can negotiate down another 50K.

I wonder if they're moving on it right now.

Fail troll is fail.
Stay poorfag

LOL! That's not even the same house you fag. Nice LARP.

>young forever
until youre not, if you own it thats alright but if your just paying rent , giving away your money when you could own the apartment thats a shame

San Francisco

I don't see what the problem is.

it is a McMansion

Looks disgusting.
1.3 mil isn't worth paying for something like this.

Eww. Why american houses always look like shit

buy a plot and build your own house instead

I think it's because they're all made out of wood

worst trip

No, i mean architecturally.

cardboard*

youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8

But there's nothing more effay then being able to move without having to sell in this market.

That house does not look good. If I had that much money, I would invest it in building a smaller house of my own, even if it were further away from where I wanted to be. That big of a house, just for your parents and you and potentially a couple of siblings is so tacky and wasteful

It could be the most tasteful, exquisite house ever built, but it would still be shit because it's built in some trash fucking suburb. The most -
and perhaps the only - effay housing option is to own substantial property deep in the woods, in addition to a small stake in a good area of your favorite city.

fuck off subhuman Anglocuck

its the very definition of a mcmansion

stay far away from it

>doxxing yourself

What’s the difference with paying bills and taxes?

To be fair this is one of his better posts. I do agree though he is a pretty bad trip

fpbp

>ugly
yes
>McMansion
does it really count as any kind of mansion? it doesn't look like it's big enough or "stately" enough

>does it really count as any kind of mansion? it doesn't look like it's big enough or "stately" enough
in 'Murika, "McMansion" is a derogatory term for an ostentatious, poorly built house that appeals to the nouveax riche and other chads with bad taste. They are not, in the traditional sense, a mansion, but a poorly conceived attempt by developers to imitate the grandeur or the european counterpart in order to seperate the goobers from their $$$.

link related
mcmansionhell.com/101#_=_

ugly suburban american core

small bohemian country village or major metro living is the only fashionable way

absolutely disgusting and you should be ashamed that your parents have such taste

>or
It's AND. If you can't afford both, you're out. Better yet: big city penthouse or gated apartment AND mountainside country house for winter AND quaint cottage (on the beach) walking distance from small coastal town for summer -either mediterranean or east coast Atlantic.

alot of Calgary is mcMansion. The short of it is don't buy it. It's even got the same tile that you'll find in Beltline low end rentals.

Looks tacky and classless af

Meanwhile this old piece of shit house is going for 1.6 mil

realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/18690087/447-WHISPERING-WATER-TR-Elbow-Valley-Estates-Rural-Rocky-View-County-Alberta-T3Z3V1-Elbow-Valley-Estates

Go for this one.

Burn it down

theres winter on the other pic, the house stays the same

Those are truly revolting, but they correspond to a certain idea of the "american" dream that's been ingrained in our minds by american culture, whether you live in america or not.
It's like looking at a trashy tart, definitely disgusting but at the same time strangely attractive because of her very trashiness.

You are a faggot... But I agree with you this time

It's definately low quality and looks fake fashwerk

its just ugly man, just fuckin ugly.

i miss montreal housing prices :(

that would run at least 1 billion where i live