You are now the CEO of H&M, what do you do to revive the brand?

You are now the CEO of H&M, what do you do to revive the brand?

The only thing they have going for them is the high amount of stores across the globe. Other than that, it's bad quality, boring and in general just plain bland. Uniqlo is superior for basics, Zara is superior for your cheap designer knock offs. What does H&M offer? Nothing currently.

"H&M, whose biggest shareholder is the billionaire Persson family that started the company in 1947, sank more than 30 percent last year. This year, the stock is down about 8 percent after falling 1 percent as of 11:34 a.m. in Stockholm on Monday, trading at the lowest levels since March 2009."

flip the script, revive the middle market that USED TO exist and offered quality at reasonable pricing. Fast fashion killed the fuck out of American Made, out of Affordable, out of Fair Trade and earth friendly manufacturing.
They do nothing but steal designs, like Zara. They dont have designers, tbqh. They have LAWYERS on retainer to fend off shitloads of lawsuits annually.

I would turn H&M into a pop up venue for various designers (1 seasonal collection per, maybe less), known and unknown. I would take that logistics network and that capital and I would KILL fast fashion with a superior and better designed mass market product.

I'd ucking burn it to the ground, and sow salt on the ruins.

get rid of skinny fit
get rid of distressing
go more simplistic

take the design and art direction team from COS, which is owned by HM, and place them in charge of HM

make fewer designs but with better quality materials and construction. essentially make HM into COS.

but keep the HM x [Designer] collaborations.
but here's the real secret key to this whole plan. once it starts working and people respect the clothes we're putting out as good quality and hyped due to designer collaborations, then we would start pumping stores with cheap bullshit crap clothes again. slowly at first, just a few pieces here and there. but eventually we would totally abandon the quality aesthetic and transform the stores back into the polyester nightmare realms that they are currently. ride the hype of the "revival" for as long as possible while making BANK selling masses of cheap crap.

then when the brand identity starts to tank again, start the whole process over.

>You are now the CEO of H&M, what do you do to revive the brand?
I don't and I precipitate its death as much as I can

Bonus points if I manage to find a way to take down a few other fast fashion brands with me

H&M bought Cheap Monday but I've never seen Cheap Monday in an H&M store, they have their own stores (at least in some countries) and I've bought it from other online retailers but never from H&M. Am I crazy?

No. Cheap monday's brand identity don't fit. it's higher up. Shit, I own three synthesizers made by Cheap Monday in partnership with a swedish boutique synth manufacturer.

That's not right for H&M.

Cheap Monday is sold at Weekday which is more or less the H&M alternative to Uniqlo.

I see. I got their synths at MOMA. Diverse brand.

Bring Weekday to NA

Open entire H&M locations

Invest more in the conscious collection/start using more interesting recycled synthetic textiles for H&M stores

Do production throughout the season, the way Zara does

Make Cheap Monday jeans cool again

>better quality
>focus on releasing a broader style range
>sell specific pieces of clothing all year round.

What does weekday have in common with uniqlo ?

Shitty blended crap i guess

Basically make their H&m studio things as their normal collection.

basic trash for little faggot male fashionistas believing they found the 'perfect' price-quality ratio at their rebranded Chinese outlet store

>what do you do to revive the brand?
Run that bitch to the fucking ground.

to stop printing graphics on anything would be the first plan of action.

Bring back their usp of coolest monkey in the jungle, obviously.

Bring in "COOLEST CHINK IN THE CHAIN" and "LAZIEST BEAN IN THE CAN"

Can you just fuck off buddy?
If your going to brag about buying music gear it's pics or gtfo

Is it bad I regularly shop at H&M? I don't know why you guys hate it so much.

it's normie tier low quality clothing worn by people who don't care and teenagers. I don't have anything against the brand though

How is it normie? I'm genuinely curious

because it's popular, for all the wrong reasons, and simply because it's not fashion

Why are the cotton jeans at h&m 20 bucks, but the shitty poly blend stretchy shit like $35 and up?

H&M jeans honestly ain't even that bad, if you find a pair with good fit they're probably worth it. Found a good pair for 10$, got it tailored and now it's one of my most used pairs. Some of the denim fabric they use is actually quite sturdy

There is a lack of coherence if you pretend to be into fashion but regularly buy anything else than underwear and plain tees from fast fashion brands.

Are you seriously asking why the world's most popular retailer of low-end mass-produced garments is normie tier ?

Anything you buy at H&M would easily be at least 30% more expensive anywhere else. No one can compete against their economies of scale and their integrated chain of supply. So yeah their garments are worth their price and there can be good deals. But they're still trash tier quality clothes made by the little Jamal in Bullshitstan and with a ripped off design. Shit is shit even when you get it for cheap.

Like 2002 era jcrew?

They're doing just fine you retard

Re-release the monkey hoodie to piss off more niggers.

>suffers biggest profit drop in six years
>loses share market value
>plans to close hundreds of stores
>is "doing just fine"

Don't voice out your opinion when you don't know what you are talking about, faggot.

lol this

this please

>to revive
this implies it has changed
it has always done the same thing
what they are already doing is focusing on making their other brand more recognizable and bigger and downsizing the H&M brand itself

>one fashion suits every country

There's your fucking problem. This one-world-culture bullshit.

Fuck off. Fuck chains. Buy local. Buy locally sourced. Buy local culture. Stop being ashamed of your cultures. Stop trying to be lowest common denominator. Stop racing to the bottom.

It's not like they are offering single capsule collection of carefully selected shit at every retail location, they pump the stores to the brim with shit, there are so many fucking products you'd be hard to find any kinda coherent style from all of it or 'one fashion' as you call it

Rip off luxury brands, like Zara does.

Also do collabs, drops and endorse skaters or some shit.

Just a general statement. It's the same vanilla bullshit from Ireland to China to Brazil. Not just H&M but everywhere. There's no [insert country] style anymore. It's generic bullshit. Thanks globalism. Goodbye identity.

>There's no [insert country] style anymore.
There never really was anything like that as far as contemporary fashion culture is concerned so I don't really get where you are coming with this. You can source certain trends and styles starting from specific countries and where they really flourished and are big but never had anything to do with what stores had available or what H&M offers so again your point is kinda dumb

Maybe you should travel more, there's still a parisian style and a milano style.

Just look up pocket operators you massive faggot. I've got a few and I second that they're great.

Technically, isn't teenage engineering a design firm/Co? They make non-synthesizer stuff despite being best known for OP-1/POs

Crispiest cracker in the barrel

WHAT were the lines of clothes at h&m that were actually decent? Divided?