Post-Punk Inspo

Some people say this kind of clothing is post punk, others say it's not. I don't know what to call it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6YcJ_L9z2Xs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its just a dude in a flower shirt

fuck off, this isn't even close to post punk

hosuto core

All found in threads that asked for post punk. I don't know what to call it but I like it, and I would be happy to learn the right terminology,

it's not. post punk is just people in the late 70s and early 80s making angsty punk derived music dressed in normal clothing. post punk fashion doesn't exist

>dressed in normal clothing
this. most post-punk bands came from the working class

yeah like in joy divisions case, they just wanted to look proper. before that ian was wearing leather trousers and such while performing

So what this thread is saying is that "post-punk fashion" is just 70s working class attire in Britain?

A lot of them had good style, but one of the cool things about post punk was that it never developed a uniform.

I could definitely see a young Nick Cave wearing OP outfit though, which makes sense, since Iceage are a Bad Seeds tribute band.

it's just what would be considered nice clothes
well post punk was never a real genre to begin with. they were basically just new wave, but more brooding and underground

>70s working class attire in Britain
yes

>le disheveled hawaiian shirt

holy fuck how many cores does this one shirt get attributed to

It was sleazecore last year

Lmao ian is peak milspo in this photo

>those pants
No

and before that it was slackercore
and before that it was gonzocore
and before that it was ofwgktacore
and before that it was closet gay uncle core

pretty sure it was called idle-west-coast-hedge-fund-youth

why is he sitting on a grit bin?

its just european youth

don't worry about it

I have a few ideas.

I associate it with Fear and Loathing, Hunter S Thompson, early 90s, "Tequila Rock", Tom Waits, etc. I think it's like a tropical dirtbag core. That's p much how I dressed all last summer.

What do you think gonzocore refers to?

sorry, I hadn't read the thread, just saw it on the board and replied. Gonzocore is an awesome name for it though, will go with that from now on.

I can't stay mad at you, but seriously though, the dude had trips and you glanced over them without batting an eye.
Unbelievable

So, judging by these photos, basically, post-punk is literally that: punk kids growing up and dressing clean?

w2c good quality trousers like ops pic related?

That's more like soy-punk.

where to cop red shirt

>muh memes

post-punk is a genre of music

So just people wearing normal clothes in moody black and white?

Thats post punk

This is mainstream slp heroin chic and thats a stretch

stop

Is John Lawrence Sullivan post-punk?

Bumping more

The best description of the core is SLP since the brand is heavily associated with it.

Does anyone know where to buy the boots the guy on the far left is wearing? Or even something similar.

no it isn't?

no. none of this is skinny or slim fit.

sounds like something a soyboy would say

what the fuck, post-punk is the genre for middle-class art students if there ever was one. Even punk wasn't as closely related to the working-class as it was made out to be

Most of members the biggest post punk bands had working class backgrounds joy division, the fall, the smiths, the sound, magazine. Only art schoolers i can think of are bauhaus and wire, and even them i think were from working class families

You know fuck all

I don't think there's a post-punk attire or style. The OG musicians from the scene dressed very differently, going from Joy Division's regular working class shit to Siouxsie and the Bashees' goth (pic related).

Second wave stuff (like Interpol) was just regular early 2000s clothing and late 2000s indie aesthetic.

No fucking way this shit is here too. I noped the fuck out of /mu/ today exactly because of this soyboy cancer. Goddfuckingdammit.

Post-punk fashion basically amounts to a goth color palette applied to workwear and prep.

il mio annuncio diceva
bassista cerca gruppo post punk
ma a rispondermi non fu
un gruppo post punk

that's amazing

Looks more indie punk, post punk is just goth

Checked

is elias from iceage the most fashionable man in rock music today?

also, what are some good shoes for fits like this?

oh fuck off you idiot

derbies

no, actually i'd describe them as anti-fashion

You're right I got caught up in the punk term because Op said but there's really nothing punk looking about any of these hippie faggots that have been posted, neither indie punk or post punk.

also gang of four I think

youtube.com/watch?v=6YcJ_L9z2Xs

haha stop posting

iron rangers

but they're right this isn't what post punk looks like at all

Arrivò puntuale
Alla fermata della metro A
Mi portò un disco
Dei Go Go Go Airheart

elias is literally the face of post punk in 2018
slp has nothing to do with post punk
you should also stop posting