Starting to look into crypto currency's, what are the hottest ones right now?

Starting to look into crypto currency's, what are the hottest ones right now?

Things I've looked at due to shilling:
Trump
ETH
Dao
Waves
Sia

Is there any more "hot" ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/4k786d/why_did_yunbi_launch_siacoin_trading/
digibyte.co/
yobit.net/en/trade/WAVES/BTC/#7D
yobit.net/en/trade/WAVES/BTC/?bonus=dmppl
twitter.com/YobitExchange/status/744211686056431616
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg15107594#msg15107594
rawx.io/poll.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've looked at all of those myself, if you look at market caps all of them already seem overpriced except for Trump.

No. Stick with Bitcoin, Sia and Eth and you'll be set for life.
They're like a supehero team.
Bitcoin, the decentralized currency.
Sia, the decentralized storage.
Eth, the decentralized smart contract.

However, if you're looking for potential growth, there's also XEM which will become the bitcoin of Japan in 2-3 years. It has the backing of a bank and they're doing quite well. Just don't expect them to explode like Sia or Eth.

no bitcoin? shamefur dispray

>decentralized storage
i mean okay but i wouldn't trust my backups on a decentralized storage that encompasses actors that are in no way legally responsible for my data availability.
either the system is highly redundant in which case it's pointless or won't offer the business continuity cloud services can offer.
>decentralized smart contract
utterly useless tho it's a fucking meme

>i wouldn't trust my backups on a decentralized storage that encompasses actors that are in no way legally responsible for my data availability.
>either the system is highly redundant in which case it's pointless or won't offer the business continuity cloud services can offer.
The redundancy will decrease over time. Security and confidence fist then leisure.

>won't offer the business continuity cloud services can offer.
It will. It works on a 7 out of 21 system, meaning that your file is divided between 21 host. So long as 7 out of those 21 host are online, you'll assuredly get your files. And sia works on a system that demands a 95% availability.

China's extremely interested in sia.

reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/4k786d/why_did_yunbi_launch_siacoin_trading/

>It will. It works on a 7 out of 21 system, meaning that your file is divided between 21 host. So long as 7 out of those 21 host are online, you'll assuredly get your files. And sia works on a system that demands a 95% availability.
i see so no faggots that go to sleep and unavailable for 12 hours that makes more sense. what happens if someone doesn't keep the 95%? do the other clients penalize it by not trusting it with anything?

If a person doesn't keep 95% they don't get files to host. Though it can go down to 90%. 95% is the ideal goal and standard. Essentially you can go a full day offline once a month and still have over 95% availability.

>ETH
>Dao
>Waves
remove those because they are dead. Add Syscoin. 2.1 Public Beta next sunday.

No more DAO

more like no more ETH and DAO. I know you're bought into ETH and it hurts but that's the way it is.

what i like in this over cloud services is it's client side encrypted by default. that is my major issue with commercial cloud storage. your data is not your data anymore. but frankly it can be worked around so not that big of an issue you just need a good secure client.

i just found that after bitching about this for 5 years now there are finally client side encrypted zero knowledge free cloud services.

now i just have to find one with an open source client.

Sia is also open source client.

yeah but not free, you have to pay for your storage isn't that right?

Of course you have to pay, but sia aims to provide this service at a much lower cost than Amazon S3 and Dropbox.

>forget these shitty coins we spammed over the last month
>buy this new shitty coin that's totally revolutionary just like all the others before it

every fucking week you coinshitters spam some new faggot coin bullshit

none of them have any legitimate use or value

new coin? Are you retarded? Last time I was shilling SYS it went from 600 to 4000 and tons of people made profit. I'm not telling you to long term invest into it you fking butthurt ETH cuck

>none of them have any legitimate use or value
Download the wallet and you will see its use of value. It has a complete working market place built-in within the wallet. It's actually a working thing. But morons like you don't spend their time sucking up information, instead they just follow the hype and lose all their money. Idiots like you will always invest when it's already too late.

I take it you already hold Bitcoin.

Hint: If it's being shilled, you are too late. Sia is nice, I bought it several months ago.

Sia is experimental and will only be proven over time. If it was certain, there would be no risk/reward.

Also you can get pretty much the same guarantees of traditional cloud storage by choosing a named storage provider you trust. I expect that to happen in the future. Hosting companies actually advertising their Sia nodes, and charging less than their regular prices due to decreased admin costs.

Along with some anonymous nodes offering muuch cheaper prices, but with perhaps a little more risk. (Still, even risky storage has a huge application for data that can isn't so important e.g. throwaway/temporary image hosting websites that don't really care too much if your images get lost.)

Spideroak is a good zero knowledge service, not open source yet afaik.

What are your estimates on the growth of sia?

Before a month ago, I was expecting sia to go to 10-15 million market cap by the end of the year, and sia is already doing that.

It's too early to write off ETH, all the recent gains will be wiped but it should stick around depending on how they handle the fork.
I don't advise anyone invest in it until it stabilises back at $8-$9 USD

Well, I was hoping for anywhere $10 - $50mil this year too... So, yeah.

I think it has more real world / commercial utility than Maidsafe which is at $32mil.

If the tech is actually successful and proven to work reliably over time I'm sure it could go a lot higher. But that might take years. And not sure if the current price is a pump or people who actually understand the tech's possibilities.

Hell, I think it has more genuine potential than Ethereum since the data storage market is something that is proven, and it seems likely something like Sia can undercut existing centralised services. But a lot rests on them perfecting their software and adding a lot more features.

so for me it's another moon shot possibility. The data storage market could be big. Will the winner be Sia? Maybe.

I love how the devs are focussing specifically on the commercial data storage market too. They know where the money is.

It's nice to know someone else is as hyped for sia as I am. Maidsafe is built on hype rather than real world utility, as you point out, but it has a lofty promise of decentralizing the internet. Sia is liked by the Chinese, which is great, but doesn't seem to be known. No one seems to want to talk about sia, even with its endless pumps. Though maybe everyone is waiting for 1.0 to come out before talking about it.

>But a lot rests on them perfecting their software and adding a lot more features.
Yeah, which is why I'm glad that the devs priority is security above all else. After 1.0 comes out as a stable product, they're going to build on the API and runtime. The real challenge will be whether or not sia can develop a userbase. Start-up userbase is incredibly hard to do and will only be done by word of mouth, advertising and luck. It's good that sia might have people's attention with the Chinese, but it needs more than that.

But if they can capitalize on the storage market, getting to 50 million $ will be done quickly.

The real test for me is:
>can they make something as easy to use as Amazon S3 API
>can they make automatic replication work (at the moment I think you still have to re-insert the data if some of the hosts go down)
I guess there are ways to work around the second point, but it makes it more complex for developers.

I say this all as somebody who currently runs a file hosting type website:

I've been looking for an easy to use and highly available data storage solution for YEARS. Most existing stuff is insanely complex to set up and requires careful management (e.g. any distributed file system software) or is overpriced (Amazon S3). (So I end up using inferior but cheap-ish solutions like RAID)

If they can make something anywhere near as good as S3 and most importantly: just a little cheaper... Yup, it will be big.

>can they make something as easy to use as Amazon S3 API
How easy is the Amazon S3 API? Sia plans on making it 'compatible' in October, but that's far away.

How's RAID by the way?

Someone mention that DGB is working on something with Azure at Microsoft and the guy got funding from them. Might be worth a look, since the guy has friends at Google too.

digibyte.co/

Didn't DGB get a 250 million $ deal?

It is highly redundant and hosts lose coins if they do not store the files

This monday trading Waves on Bittrex.
Keep an eye on it they are expecting waves.

dropbox has free storage space many clouds offer a 2 or 5 gig free space, so the prospects in this is still questionable to me. i mean could work especially for mobile devices to access the files where space is a problem but there usually networking is also a problem the phones tend to lose power and overheat fast with wifi and without wifi it will be slow as hell.
so maybe i will look at it in 5 years.
by highly redundant i meant like half the nodes must store copy of your data. that would be insane. the 21 with 95% up-time seems reasonable enough to me.

>so maybe i will look at it in 5 years.
In 5 years, it might be too big to invest in.

Dropbox works on Amazon S3 which is the main focus sia is trying to provide a counter service.

>be me
>be interested in Sia
>See the official site on google is a ."tech"
jesus christ... it's another generic wordpress template or whatever and this is supposed to be a coin made by tech savvy people
>check the code
>its not even html optimized,
title tag not even set up - jesus christ

Every time i get interested in a coin this happens.
Why are they all scams lads?

Should we buy waves now from
yobit.net/en/trade/WAVES/BTC/#7D
?

WAVES is live on yobit you can deposit now
yobit.net/en/trade/WAVES/BTC/?bonus=dmppl
twitter.com/YobitExchange/status/744211686056431616

>it might be too big to invest in
i don't want to i'm mildly interested as a future user we will see if it will be any real use.

i wonder what happens if existing cloud beasts like dropbox microsoft and google decide to jump on the sia train even for a little bit and throw zettabytes of storage on it. too lazy to look up the reward system but i imagine it might be the same level of fuck you for investors as gpu-asic transition for bitcoin.

I have been a wage slave for 2 years and i've saved up £7000

Is splitting £1000 between ETH LISK and WAVES a good idea?

I mean even if i lost it all its not like i would be getting anywhere in life anyway

Yobit is a scam exchange would not touch it personally.
I only use Bittrex, Poloniex and Kraken.

>There was an announcement by Sasha Ivanov, founder of Waves. He said not to buy Waves on Yobit because it is a scam exchange and you should wait for the official major exchanges.

I'd go
Sia
Trump
BTC
MAYBE waves.

dead serious fa.m

Fuck off if you can't handle the heat

La

DAO just crashed, no transactions are allowed right now, so people can't cash out. BUY UP ALL OF IT on the exchanges, because there isn't going to be any more on there and people want to buy in low

Sia is literally shit, I had a friend who reported a VERY severe bug to them, which desu if exposed would have hurt them very bad, and they told him "sorry we have no bug bounty program".

Sounds like bullshit.

>judging a coin by its website
Sia's having a small dip after DAO going down. It'll back up to 130 in due time before 1.0 comes out.

Yes I will judge a TECH organization by its website.

Stop coping dude.

There's like 2 other coins RIGHT NOW that do it better and have better aesthetics to boot

That's like being proud that you judge books by their cover.

>There's like 2 other coins RIGHT NOW that do it better and have better aesthetics to boot
Such as?

Honestly, if all you have to show is how flashy you can present yourself rather than have practical use, that's just lame.

is there anything on there which i can't buy with fiat?

Sia is not fiat.

i know
you said theres a fully functional marketplace
is there anything on that marketplace that i can't buy with normal money?

I really don't understand the question
>can't I buy a cheaper source of storage with money?

Sure hope noone listened to this guy's advice.

Eth will come back, though wounded.
Sia only dips, flatlines or pumps.
And bitcoin will remain king.

Cheaper decentralized encrypted storage

That trading window is pretty sick, I'd like to do some currency/crypto trading someday. I might buy some waves once they hit the market. I wish my friend never kept his trading a secret until after I couldn't try to buy Waves when they first came out.

>Cheaper
debatable. i get free storage from google drive, dropbox, etc. i've set up ownlcoud which is free.

>decentralized
no one cares

>encrypted storage
most other places encrypt

going back to my original point
>none of them have any legitimate use or value

nobody is going to buy into a yet another shitty coin to do something they can already do.

Capital one chk # 1480744965

Capital one chk # 1480744965
Routing 021407912

>starting to look into (time-waster)
stop right there.
Even day trading is very risky.

/thread for SIA

Move on to a serious coin lads

Waves is the next hot coin. It'll take over Ripple marketcap since it has all Ripple features but without the kys/aml shit.

ETH + Dao is dead if the hardfork is going through as plan. ETH is suppose to be a decentralize tech and being able to hardfork at will loses its main attraction. What's to say on the next DAO 2.0, investor lost money again. Are they going to do another hardfork to recover those money.

By the looks of it, Vitalik is going through with the hardfork so rip eth. The rising price on eth right now is a trap. Don't fall for it lads.

>debatable
If you can pay half of what you would for Amazon S3, then it's not. You're arguing for free storage on a small scale rather than large. Corporations who do need a lot of storage for their data will value in paying less.

>most other places encrypt
Not most cloud storage. There's a lot of storage company who don't really care about the risk of their data being compromised. However, by having your data on someone else's computer, it needs to be encrypted. Having proper and good security is a good thing rather than not having some.

>no one cares
Cynically, on an individual level, that's true. No one cares. However, many storage companies can vanish along with their data. Not having sia centralized helps to insure it;'ll remain.

>waves
Possibly. But like all coins, it'll come out of the gates blazing hot, go insanely up, and then crash. It'll flatline a bit and then gradually move up once good news start.
The best thing to do is ignore wave, let it crash and then collect a good number once it's much cheaper after everyone has calmed down.

>Trump
I mean, seriously, a joke coin?
>ETH
>Dao
The hack proves they're shit.
>Waves
>Sia
More ICO "revolutionary" techology that are nothingburgers and will be forgotten in 1 year.

Look for underdogs, - Decred is my advice - but you need to study it a little to figure out why it could become Bitcoin 2.0 - look at the dev funding model and the in built democratic voting to understand why Decred dishes out new versions so efficiently and will be able to include any improvements other coins make faster because of that.. smart contracts are coming to it soon.

Decred was started by ex- Bitcoin devs. btw.

Other than Decred, I also recommend looking at Counterparty

It will implement ETH smart contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain, making the whole ETH thing completely irrelevant and useless

And no, it's not Rootstock. Stop just following what is popular. Look at the underdogs. Those are the success stories of tomorrow. When you follow pop things like ETH, LISK, DAO it means you're already too late. You're not thinking right.

And I made fortune investing in Bitcoin and Peercoin very, very early.

I say it again: keep an eye on Decred and Counterparty.

>Corporations
i work in IT, no sane business is going to risk putting ANY of their data on this bs. for businesses there's far more to consider than the raw cost per tb. storage is fucking cheap. it only gets expensive when you care about speed, which the blockchain will never have.

i'm a consultant... i guarantee you nobody has ever even hinted at the idea of storing data on blockchains. not even as a joke.

>i get free storage from google drive, dropbox, etc
It's not aimed at casual users, it's aimed at large scale storage. (e.g. as the backend behind dropbox)

Agreed with the rest for most commercial use. However, the key feature is cost. If it can be cheaper than existing solutions, it will eat into the market.

And since neckbeards can just start up a node (in a datacentre) and earn a few $ for beer, the costs start to approach the marginal costs.

Amazon S3 costs (*excluding* bandwidth costs):
>0.0275 / GB = $27 / TB

Basic OVH storage server (including some amount of bandwidth costs), on which a neckbeard could run a Sia node:
>$100 / 12 TB = $8 / TB

Now, assuming we also want some redundancy of files we will use more storage in Sia than Amazon (since Amazon includes redundancy in their prices), but using erasure coding we could use twice necessary storage ($16 / TB) and get where 50% of servers can go offline and we can still recover our data.

I can't be bothered to do the exact calculations to see if it still beats Amazon when providing the same level of durability, but it's worth noting a lot of use-cases don't need S3's extreme level of durability.

It's worth noting too that Amazon do *not* include bandwidth costs in that also, in fact this is where they make a lot of their money and are stupidly over priced (and why I do not use them for my web service). Bandwidth is cheap as shit and Amazon overcharge. Sia can likely bring down costs in that area too.

In summary:
Worst case, Sia fills a niche providing less availability than amazon for cheaper.
Best case, Sia approaches marginal costs in all areas and completely destroys Amazon in all levels of availability

>nobody has ever even hinted at the idea of storing data on blockchains
Data isn't stored in the block chain.

I run a medium size free file host and I absolutely would use Sia once it is mature.

Sure, it will take a long time before a business with paying customers will want to trust it with critical data. But my data is not critical.

i don't think sia stores data on the blockchain that would be retarded only the contracts and the payments.
but i agree corps won't even look at it.

You haven't explained how Waves and Sia will become forgotten in a year. Hell, sia isn't even known yet.

The problem with most alt coins is that they're trying to become Bitcoin 2.0 and push it off of its hill. Bitcoin is already king and everyone else is trying to become it when it'll never happen.

This is why sia will win in the end. With a market of between 40 billion to 160 billion (depends on who you ask. Microsoft executives place the market at 40 billion while Storj places it at 160 billion), it can easily eat a small portion of that market and get to bitcoin's height.

>no sane business is going to risk putting ANY of their data on this bs.
Of course not. Sia is still in its infancy. No one knows about it and it hasn't proven itself. They have a few contracts with some algricultural companies and contacts in China and nothing more at the moment. This is why it's looking for VC that are willing to try it.
This isn't going to go from nothing to controlling everything overnight.

>i guarantee you nobody has ever even hinted at the idea of storing data on blockchains. not even as a joke.
Then I guess sia is truly revolutionary if no one has thought of it.

Also, data is not stored on the blockchain. Smart contracts are used on the blockchain to insure that if a person puts a file on the network for a month, it will be paid and the host ensures that they will keep it, or else they lose money.

>corps won't even look at it.
Not at the moment, obviously.

>Worst case, Sia fills a niche providing less availability than amazon for cheaper.
>Best case, Sia approaches marginal costs in all areas and completely destroys Amazon in all levels of availability
I like those odds.

no worst case is free cloud providers will put their zettabytes on shia and it ends up being a semi centralized data store where common folks can't even look at the ball.

They already got the deal with microsoft.
Azure and software worth 120k$

Also:
2016 Global Blockchain Summit
22-24 June Beijing,China
The co founder is speaking during the event.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg15107594#msg15107594

Already bought a few DGBs as soon as BTC crashes, $$$PROFIT$$$

great lets get it to #1

rawx.io/poll.html

only 3 hrs left

But wouldn't that bring up the price of sia?

why ever would it? huge amount of basically free storage would kill the competition and probably the value of the coin.

Free storage for sia means people pay for the free storage. Which is good for it.

i bought 3000 SC at 42 sat a couple of months ago? should i sell now or hold onto it?

Probably hold onto it. You've essentially gotten a 3x profit. So, it's up to you. It can probably go higher.

Can I use Sia with some kind of personal cloud (i.e. seagate/wd)?

If they could do that, that would be AWESOME

no you don't understand... they will pay a lot less for storage offered for almost nothing. ever other storage provider falls out and it becomes a shittier version of cloud service by the same companies.

Yes you can.
You can also run Sia on a Synology NAS via Docker and have multiple storage cloud.

Vericoin
Factom
And that one coin that focuses on rewards i forget the name

I don't understand. If companies put a ridiculous amount of their storage into sia for a lower cost, then they gain less while using sia, making its price go up, no?

>Vericoin
Why Vericoin? It seems to have flatlined dead after their rush out of the gates.

Rewards while playing CS:GO and LoL?

DGB - Digibyte

but they already provide the same amount of storage for free getting money for it is a plus.

I still don't see how companies can put free storage for free on a large scale and get paid peanuts for it and being a problem for sia.

Just wait for DGB to to go up in price guys any day now.
>launched in 2014
>done nothing ever
>skeleton waiting on a bench.jog

Sure it wont

I'm very sorry for you that this is no stupid pump and dump coin.
I'm sure Trumpcoin will be your saviour.

is there any explanation on how to set it up?

you mean dropbox, google, copy, mega, 4shared, pcloud etc gets to buy free hard drives?

nothing is free

They got the opportunity to secure a $250 million deal on their blockchain.

Something about cargo if I recall correctly.

Buy a Synology + multiple harddrives, use the program docker and sia will use the storage.
Sia in 1.0 will allow people to set up their own storage location. Meaning that if for example you have a USB harddrive, you can make that into your sia storage. Docker works the same but Synology is wireless and cloud storage.

you guys know that that there is no sane company that would use your hard drive as a storage right?

This. Even if it's encrypted they will not trust data worth hundreds of millions of dollars in trade secrets to random hard drives over the world. Sia is a gimmick.

Why not?
If its encrypted and the host has to put in money to form a contract, and not always being online makes you lose that money, there is no reason why companies won't use it.
The way sia works isn't that trade secrets are placed directly onto your computer, but that the trade secrets are divided and encrypted into multiple hard drives so no one has the full piece of the puzzle and it's impossible to know its content unless you have the master key.
With the 95% availability demand and files being available 7 host out of 21 means that you'll never lose your files.

>hundreds of millions of dollars in trade secrets to random hard drives over the world.
Such hyperbole. Obviously no one is going to immediately jump ship. How can anyone know the difference between trade secrets and music files if they're encrypted?
Sia needs to prove itself first, make a name for itself and then it'll all come together. Security is the main focus point of sia.
What makes sia less secure than Amazon or Microsoft?

>What is encryption

Trump coin gets free marketing tho

You wanna stick with the names that will be around and will set some sort of gold standard like bitcoin and etherum as well

>Trump coin gets free marketing tho
So does every coin with word of mouth.