Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Exfoliating-Cleanser-Manuka-Honey-Microdermabrasion/dp/B00K37A3S4/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519663210&sr=8-5&keywords=goodonya&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any tips on how to get rid of dark circles under your eyes? I have it pretty bad, doubly so since my skin tone is very fair and bright.

I'm a NEET right now so I usually get plenty of sleep, even when I start working at my new job a month from now I'll still be sitting infront of a monitor 12+ hours a day though. Would buying tinted/ computer glasses help any with it long term? Any cremes/ moisturizers you can recommend?

My skin is pretty good but i have acne only on my shoulders and back. Do cold showers really help with this?

I have pretty oily and acne prone skin and use both a facial cleanser and BHA tonic that are especially for that.
Now after I'm done with those two my skin is always pretty flaky and dry, so I was wondering if it's okay to still use a moisturizer for sensitive/dry skin to finish off or would the different products just counteract each other somehow?

here again.
Specifically I'm looking at the Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Creme right now since it's heavily recommended everywhere.
As for other products I'm using CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser and a BeBarefaced BHA Toner.

Use something like Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture instead, it's just as cheap and readily available almost everywhere.
If you have oily skin it's important you get a moisturizer that's oil-free and doesn't clog your pores.

i cant stop taking 30 minute long hot showers help :(

opinions on saunas? my skin got super smooth after going

Any recs for male eye cream? I have dark circles under the eye. I'm working on better sleep, but could use a cream/lotion to aid with it.

diet will help the most. Beyond that, use a loofah with a handle to exfoliate and clean your back in the shower. Keep taking hot showers user, its one of the simple pleasures in life.

Do you mean a real sauna, or your american 40°c sweatbox?

70°c, proper humidity

Exfoliate before or after cleanser? Efoliator is not wipes.

cleanse > exfoliate > toner > moisturizer

who else on doxycycline? this shit be making me want to poop every night

How to reduce mouth wrinkles?

idk they seem pretty permanent desu

Moisturize. Consider using a retinol product. Stop smoking or drinking from straws

Maybe Kiehls Age Defender

It depends on the temperature (at least around 60° C) and whether it's steamy or just dry heat for my skin

>drinking from straws
But I do this when I drink carbonated drinks.
And what sort of product?

just search "retinol face cream". I think the straw thing is a meme btw

I've seen slight improvement by putting chilled used teabaga under my eyes for lie 10 minutes. Doesn't completely get rid of them but the skin in some parts looks healthier

what product is best to get rid of white flakes and dry hair.

the skin around my mouth has been drying up and getting flaky to the point where it hurts to speak. ive been applying cocoa butter to the area but it only works temporarily. please help it fucking hurts so bad

Stop over washing your hair. Dilute your shampoo or get something gentler if you're using it every day.

How do we feel about Tiege?

I want to use a proper skincare regiment for the first time and am wondering how this fits in with my daily shaving and more importantly my aftershave lotion.
Should I still use an aftershave (So cleanser in the shower, shaving outside of it, followed by aftershave, then toner and moisturizer) or is my toner and moisturizer going to do all of that for me anyways?

I'd assume I can just skip it, but I'm still fairly new and don't know too much about all this stuff yet. Can anyone help me out?

>Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture
Does anyone have experience with that?
They don't sell it here in Germany so I'd have to import. Are there any other notable moisturizers that would be good for oily and acne prone skin?

Stop shampooing your hair every day and start massaging a nice natural hair tonic into your head after every shower.
Personally I use Tigi CATWALK for shampoo/conditioner and Garnier Birch Hair Water.

>tfw cleanse+toner+moisturizer everyday for months but face still shiny af

kill me

Use a matte finish makeup setting spray.

Own it.

How do I fix the dark circles?

Get sleep, drink water, eat less sodium, make sure you don't have diabetes.
Then get a good concealer.

>sleep
8hrs a day, done
>water
8 glasses a day... Should I up that?
>less sodium
Definitely will need to work on it thanks
>concealer
Can you offer a good product? Not really expensive but not dirt cheap

It's genetic probably

Don't say that user...

>Acne is pretty much gone away naturally and through an improved diet (lowering junk food and NO dairy like milk)
>Doesn't feel like it's gone because due to bad diet and hygiene choices as a teenager (being attractive and taking care of yourself = being conformist), I have hyperpigmentation scarring

Feels shit, bros.

>keto for 3 weeks
>skin has cleared up by a significant amount
So this is the power for no carbs and no sugar
Shit is magical
Working on my complexion and texture now.
It's summer so I don't want to use any of my retinol products at the moment, which is killing me because I just bought a new serum a week or two ago at half price that I've been wanting to try.

Easter + my birthday is a month away and I know I'll be binging on all my favourite food plus chocolate, afraid to re-visit breakout city.

I’ve been on accutane and clindamycin for the last few months and it’s gotten rid of my giant cysts but now I my pimples are small and bright red to where they almost look purple. I have really fair skin and the scars left on my face are extremely red, worse than when I had terrible acne. How do I get rid of them or at least lighten them to where they don’t look repulsive? I moisturize every single day with a tea tree oil mixed moisturizer.

Ive been sweating around my nose whether its hot or cold outside for a few years now, i went to a doctor once but they basically ignored it. My dad said he had the same thing when he was my age. Anything i can do to help it?

Try a derma roller.
Dark circles are basically just really thin skin, giving it a fuckload of micro-injuries over and over is going to make the body reinforce the skin there during the healing process, which ultimately will get rid off them.
There's a lot of explanations for how it works and what treatments to best use together with it online, just google a bit. Just absolutely make sure you don't roll over your actual eyelids, that can end really badly really quickly.

is this good or should I buy a BHA?
amazon.com/Exfoliating-Cleanser-Manuka-Honey-Microdermabrasion/dp/B00K37A3S4/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519663210&sr=8-5&keywords=goodonya&th=1

Anyone else using Differin?

Is your skin very oily and prone to acne? Get a BHA toner.

BHA in your exfoliator is pretty much a meme, you really don't want to have that stuff on your face long enough for the acid to really do anything.
If you want BHA get it from your astringent/toner and moisturizer which you leave on your face all day.

Yeah I'm fighting off mild acne (21 years old)
So I should buy a decent toner?
Also, acne marks seem to stay red for a long time...
Here's my routine
AM
>Spectrogel Cleanser in shower
>Cerave AM moisturizer
PM
>Cetaphil cleanser
>Thayer's witch hazel (bottle almost finished, idk if it's any good
>Cerave PM moisturizer
>Clindoxyl 5% on acne spots

I use two cleansers because someone gave me the Cetaphil one for free but I still want to finish my spectrogel bottle

The products you should prioritize spending money on are definitely the toner and moisturizer since those will stay on your face and affect your skin pretty much 24 hours a day. You can cheap out on the cleanser and exfoliator (if you even need one).

I have very oily skin, it really only took an hour or so for me to start shining before I started, and a bunch of small acne all over my face with lots of left over scar tissue from clawing at it when I was a shitty teenager. Had tons of success with a routine of Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser, and a toner and moisturizer from Paula's Choice that both have BHA and a bunch of Vitamins and other good shit in it, I'm not at home so I sadly can't give you the exact name right now. I only use warm water and my fingers to exfoliate.

you cant get rid of wrinkles, you can only prevent them with sunscreen or retinoids

i'm not a guy so i'm not sure what aftershave is for, im assuming its so your skin isnt dry or anything but you could do
shave, cleanse, tone, moisturise

you can get rid of hyperpigmentation/scars slowly
with products such as sunscreen, vitamin c, aha/bha, niaminicide

>i'm not a guy so i'm not sure what aftershave is for,
I think the one I use is mostly just a super light moisturizer that's fairly easy on the freshly shaved skin. It's non-alcoholic and oil free, I think it might have some anti-bacterial shit in it too though, maybe?
Not sure whether I really even need to "disinfect" in that way though...

if its good for your skin and you like the way it makes your skin feel then its probably fine to add it before the toning, if you dont care for it then you can probably leave it out and see if you notice a good or bad difference

>scrub my face and body when taking a bath with a cloth
>skin feels smoother and softer
>but I get a lot more wrinkles and cracked appearance

Should I avoid scrubbing/exfoliating? My skin ends up looking coarser in appearance

What are the best products from Aesop? I've got some money to spend and want to know what of their stuff is decent.

Thanks for the advices!
I will probably finish my Cerave moisturizers before trying the paula's choice one.
I'm def ordering the toner though

is pic related true?

if you're spending that long looking at a monitor, I recommend using the app f.lux, it's tints your screen, and really takes away the eye pain, telling you from experience :)

Exfoliating after the toner makes absolutely zero sense.

I don't really have eye pain, like at all. It's just those fucking black circles that make it look as if I'm a fucking zombie and haven't slept in days, even though I haven't missed a good night's rest in months and am pretty healthy.
I'm considering giving that Derma Roller thing someone mentioned further up the thread a shot, but somehow I really don't like the idea of puncturing the area around my eyes with thousands of needles.

are masks worth it?

This fucking picture is creepy I want to punch her fucking face

ahhh don't scrub to exfoliate, get a chemical exfoliant. I use Peter Thomas Roth FirmX and its a peel instead. Avoid scrubbing, it will only irritate your skin and hurt it in the long run

So how do I properly apply toner and exfoliant? I have some cotton rounds but I'm not sure if I'm fucking it up or what. Paula's Choice for both, so it's a liquid chemical base.

What is "treatment" exactly? Where do serums and eye creams fit into this?

I think they mean spot treatment here. Serums should go before moisturiser. Eye cream should be last. Basically always work from the thinnest to the thickest formula

Spray on, wipe off

That doesn't actually work, but if it makes you feel that way good for you

What are the correct steps? Cleanser, exfoliant, toner then moisturizer?

DO NOT use a dermaroller on the delicate skin around your eyes. terrible advice. you could cause permanent damage. see a aestetician or dermatologist if you're really concerned. but if your dark circles stick around even though you're drinking enough water, getting enough sleep and exercise and eating enough veggies/fruits then the problem is likely genetic. at that point just get a good concealer or get over it

i think sunscreen is a bit underrated when it comes to advice in general. it should be put on anytime you're going outside during the daylight, even if you're not gonna be out for long just do it. always applied as the very last step

ya, but isn't exfoliating every day a bit much? certain days in the week i only use it at night to replace my cleanser. but then again i do use acids also, so it won't be the same for everyone i guess. but in general that order is correct.
if you're using a sheet mask or one that washes off then put it on after toning.
if you're using multiple serums always use WATER BASED ones first.

Thanks, buddy!

how can I get rid of this redness on my cheek. I don't think its rosacea because it's been the same for years and is only on one side of my face

How often should I wash my face if only my nose and forehead get oily?

Depends on your toner and what you use it for. I usually tone after I cleanse because it works to get rid of EVERY last trace of makeup and cleanser before I apply the product I use to exfoliate. I usually only exfoliate twice a week though.

I typically do: cleanser, toner, exfoliant (not every day), spot treatment (if necessary), serums, moisturizer, eye cream, sunscreen

Depends on what your skin needs. I have very dry skin and I find that a hydrating mask 1x a week makes a big difference, especially in winter or in less humid climates.

I use muji peelable cotton

I bought the LANEIGE Hydration Trail Kit today. I fell in love their their lip mask. I had started using Cetaphil and it's cleared up my acne really well. But I found that if I even skipped a day from sleeping over at my significant other's my face started breaking out. Also I've read a lot of bad things on parabens. What are other people's opinions?

good products for oily, acne-prone skin?

Where does toner fit in during a shaving morning routine.
Shower/wash face>cleanser>Shaving soap>shave>warm water>shaving soap>cold water>moisturizer...

I was thinking maybe after cleanser or before cold water?

Also there should be another shave after the second shaving soap of course

i love their lip mask. i also use their water bank cream and their sister brand IOPE men's bio essence.
even though research is still being done on parabens it's better to just avoid them all together, there's a reason (besides marketing) why "paraben free" is always pushed so much. all your laneige stuff should be paraben free
i always shave before doing any face stuff, but i think you could do it before or even after cold water. the toner/essence i'm using right now says that it can be used both as toner and after shave, and that can be applied to any toner really.

How homosexual is investing in skin care?
My mum used to buy me moisturiser which i used to moisturise my legs and face but i'm worried that people will think i'm strange for wanting pretty skin.

you sound overwhelmingly insecure

few questions for /skin/

how do you use a sugar scrub without getting it EVERYWHERE? ive been putting it on in the shower to avoid the mess but my friend recommended i rub it in for 5 minutes at the sink. i cant get either of those things done...the sugar gets everywhere and falls off my face and body no matter what i do. hands, washcloth, it all just crumbles off and covers my sink, counter, and floor in under a minute. It's a pain to clean.

it feels like every single pore on my legs is clogged all the time. it's itchy, feels prickly under my fingertips, and some of them turn into comedones later on. it feels like a constant race to stay ahead of my pores. i change my bedding constantly and wash twice a day and i still run into the issue like clockwork and have to go back into the shower to exfoliate again. what's going wrong??? is there a moisturizer or something that will keep my leg and ass pores clear? it's really terrible. if god forbid i forget to shower for 1 day my ass becomes a map of the fucking moon (it's easy to forget because i have very little b.o., my skin is dry not oily, and i dont sweat much, so the only indications that i forgot are my clogged pores and folliculitis flareups).

my budget is tight lately because im in between jobs. is it possible to have good skin on a shoestring? can anyone help me make a shopping list? im not sure what to look for or what's the minimum, this shit may be easy to understand for all i know but it all looks like voodoo to me.

is that leg/ass thing only an issue there, your face doesn't have that issue right. here is a basic list
>face wash, a standard one and also one that exfoliates. use the exfoliate like 3-4 times a week at night
>toner
>moisturizer
>sunscreen
don't try get into stuff like serums, acids or retanoids until later it'll become 2 overwhelming.
for toners you can't really go wrong with thayers, mario badescu's rose or aloe/green tea mist is good too, i reccomend the aloe one. besides toner it can also be used just randomly throughout the day if u need a refresher. kiehls has a good facial sunscreen but it might be a bit pricey, a lot of sunscreen brands have really bad ingredients tho so careful with that.
the other stuff it depends on your skin type. gonna need to experiment a bit to find products that you like.

my face is pretty normal when it comes to acne. i have a pretty bad excoriation problem though. cant keep my fucking hands off my face. it's really terrible, i'll catch myself tearing off bits of skin from my face, back, shoulders, arms, and neck CONSTANTLY. while driving, while taking tests, while studying, while gaming, while dancing...but the pores themselves dont have that much of an issue, it's my legs and ass that get CLOGGED. I literally exfoliated an hour ago and the sensation is back. I can easily dig out little flakes of dead skin and detritus if i go against the grain of the leg hair. it's driving me batty.

>face wash
my parents get me cetaphil every year. i dont know about exfoliating washes, so i'll look into that i guess.

>toner
i'll look into this. what does it do?

>moisturizer/sunscreen
i thought you were supposed to bundle these together.

>serums
What is the use of these? I am overwhelmed and can't make heads or tales of serums or how to integrate them into my routine.

different serums do different things, don't think of the products - think of the ingredients. research which ingredient does what then find products that contain them. chances are you don't even need these, but they can have positive effects - brightening, faster healing, more moisture/hydration etc. don't add more than 1 at a time to your routine or you won't know which one is working

>i'll look into this. what does it do?
there are two kinds of toners - pH adjusting and hydrating
pH adjusting are kind of advanced so you probably don't need these, they're used to boost the effectiveness of some active products (because they work better at certain pH levels)
hydrating toners do just that - they hydrate, you would use this after cleansing and before moisturizing to give your skin some extra hydration, sometimes they have some other ingredients that could be beneficial to your skin too
>i thought you were supposed to bundle these together.
you can. personally I haven't found a satisfactory moisturizer with spf protection, but if something you have works for you then by all means

I’m using retinol now.
Before I used to use AHA/BHA.
How long do I have to wait until I can incorporate AHA/BHA to my regime again?

could smoking cause pale skin?
wtf my father and mother are both darker than me

I'd wait like a month and then start slow (once a week) and see if my skin is comfortable with it

Maybe it’s because you don’t leave your room.

but I do
I can get tanned easily during the summer tho

Are Aesop products worth it? I enjoy the hand cream and perfumes, but not sure if there's some other good products on their list.

>have had chronic acne on back chest and arms entire life
>am probably scarred for life now even if i do clear it up
>wear dark clothes because if i don't theyll get stained with blood
>wear long sleeves all the time
>never go swimming because i look like a freak
having clear skin on your body is severely underrated

How easily do chemical sunscreens rub off? Do they absorb into the skin completely after 30mins? Will it start rubbing off if I am wearing a scarf or resting my face on my hand for example?

what kind of jacket is this

fuck i forgot i still had this thread open

alpha m. pls stop shilling

What's wrong with it??

Veeky Forums's thoughts on brand in pic related?

how do you treat keratosis pilaris??

Any advice for acne on the back/top of your head?