What magic is this? Did Poles made a pact with the devil or what?

What magic is this? Did Poles made a pact with the devil or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Sardinia
study.com/academy/lesson/trade-networks-in-the-middle-ages-empires-routes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not even plague wants anything to do with that shithole

They caught on quick and quarantined their kingdom.

The plague was nominally spread along river tributaries at this time. Lucky for Poland they quarantined their only major one and we're thus relatively safe.

It might be the Virgin Mary. She does seem to love Poland.

You don't poison your own wells.

Quarantine and Jews, from what I remember.

/thread

The mumblers know!

SHUT

IT

DOWN

Drank so much vodka they became immune.

King Casimir summoned Satan in a secret ceremony where he sacrificed all future Polish relevancy on the national scale so that Poland would survive the plague.

It was an underpopulated backwater

They kept their plumbing running quite well

How the fuck DID it reach Sardinia so fast if Sardinia is in the sea

boats

Boats ya dingus

You can't go by boat from sicily to Sardinia

It's in the middle of the fucking sea you retarded fuck

>calling anyone retarded when you have obvious mental retardation in the form of blatant autism
You can get to Sardinia from Sicily by SHIP which are large boats, you sperglords.

No, before te Age of discovery you could only travel by coast I very much doubt the island was even settled at the time, you can only go there with modern (at least renaissance) technology

most of the jews lived in Poland.
why would they spread a plaauge to the country they lived in?

> I very much doubt the island was even settled at the time
m8, there is people in Sardinia since the 6th millenium BC ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Sardinia

you have been playing to much civilization

>I very much doubt the island was even settled at the time

What the fuck am I reading

As today, Poland was not much of a developed country. Mainly farmers who had zero to minimum interaction with other people. Thus limiting the spread.
Also assaid.

>before te Age of discovery you could only travel by coast
>Romans quite literally sailed from Sicily to Alexandria in a straight shot
>Early medieval period Vikings sailed from fucking Scandinavia to what is now Newfoundland, Canada
>But middle medieval people could not sail from fucking Sicily to Sardinia
Seriously, are you retarded? I know you're autistic, but I think there's something bigger at play here.

The plague spread mostly thanks to the trade routes which connected Europe to Asia. Sardinia is a relatively large island and it has always been inhabited since the bronze age, if not even earlier.
Sea routes ran mostly along the coast because the waters were more shallow, thus having less risks of encountering a highly violent storm. In deep waters, instead, when a storm hits the waves tend to get somewhat big, the waters shake your ship around and if you fall in the sea you're likely to drown, whereas in shallow seas you could be brought to shore by the currents, thus having more chances to survive.
As you can see in pic related, Sardinia is right next to Corsica and pretty close to Sicily and the waters between Sardinia and Sicily or Sardinia and Corsica are pretty shallow and safe (if we don't count potential pirate activities), so you can reach Sardinia pretty easily by sailing from Genoa and navigating around the eastern or western shore of Corsica OR you could just row your way straight to Sardinia from Sicily and I think this would be possible even if you sailed from Ostia, Rome's port. The Mediterranean isn't the Atlantic Ocean, so most of the dangers in shallow waters were related to pirates rather than storms, which could kill you in the sea but you have more chances to survive one (or even better, less chances to be caught by one) when sailing coastal/shallow waters than in open/deep waters like in the middle of the Mediterranean, which ships tended to avoid entirely anyway.

Also another noteworthy information for you is that it takes relatively little time to reach Sardinia from Italy, France, Spain and the north-western coast of Africa (From Gibraltar to western Lybia so to speak), which means trade ships would store enough food for the trip.

Long story short, Sardinia isn't Madagascar, stop playing Plague Inc.

So they didn't suffer from the plague and still managed to be underdeveloped in comparison with Western European countries? Slavshits, everyone.

The PLC was just as developed as the rest of Europe at the time of their partition and even afterwards many brilliant minds studied at universities in Krakow and Warsaw. Just because modern Poland is shit doesn't mean Poland was always shit.

Mother of God protected them

They gave haven to the Jews and the Jews were the ones who spread the plague elsewhere

Genuinely impressed by your powerlevel user

Plague was actually GOOD for development of an economy and industry.

>he doesn't know about the Nuragics

I assume you retards have never taken a boat.

Do you have the slightest idea of how actually BIG the sea is?
Do you think medieval fucking retards who couldn't even read could do such a travel?

It would take years perhaps even decades to go from Sicily to Sardinia and the ship could break at any time and in that case, woops, you're dead.

Even if they knew about the island from Roman times no body in their right times would have gone there risking so much.

Medieval fuckers couldn't read, get this through your head, their intelligence level was so fucking low that they couldn't read, perform an action as simple as reading, how the fuck do you think that they could travel the fucking open (not coastal) the OPEN sea with a fucking shitty wooden boat, oh yeah this is the middle ages, no telescope, no nothing, only sea for hundreds of miles, only fucking sea, even in modern times you need experts on the ships to sail through the sea hence why the airplane was invented and we use it instead of ships.

Going through the sea requires deep knowledge of mathematics, physics, geometry, something medieval people did NOT fucking have before the renaissance/age of discovery.

Thanks user, that's the most amusing thing I read today.

I love you for this post. Saved.

Jesus, I know you're trolling but my face contorted in such a way I thought I was having a seizure.

>This fucking thread

Praise Kek

Confirmed troll.

The guys who said "by boat" were merely stating (in a mocking way towards you) the obvious. Of course they meant ship, how autistic do you have to be to listen to a sentence and take it literally?

Now that I whiteknighted those two, let's get to the real sauce. Europeans did not just stop building ships as soon as the WRE fell you dumb mudfucker, the technology was still there and the maps were preserved by those who weren't buttfucked by the barbarians during the so called dark ages. By dark ages I'm actually referring to the time between the last decades of the WRE and the end of the barbarian invasions and the beginning of a relative stability in Europe. Throughout that time, specifically after the WRE fell, it could've been difficult to go to Sardinia, but not impossible. Whereas in the proper Middle Ages, and to be specific the time of the plague, land and sea trade routes had been re-established, actual ships that could sail in the sea were being made and used. Of course it requires mathematics and geometry to sail the sea, but who do you think sailed the sea? Nobles leading a military fleet and merchants leading a trade fleet. Both these figures would have the wealth to learn from monastic universities about mathematics and such.

Stop watching Hollywood movies to get your idea of the Middle Ages you dumb cunt. Do you really need a fucking albanian to tell you that? An albanian of all people!? My people, me included, are fucking ignorants yet you're even more fucking stupid! How many stolen chromosomes does it take to sink so low!?

It took Colombus 2 years to reach Americas

In the age of discovery
>how autistic do you have to be to listen to a sentence and take it literally?

I take people seriously, something you're not doing with me so I shouldn't even lose my time arguing with a retard like you
>land and sea trade routes had been re-established

I'll be needing a source that isn't wikipedia for that

>Nobles leading a military fleet and merchants leading a trade fleet.

Both of them couldn't read, let alone know mathematics or anything about sailing ships

what am i looking at and where can i read more about it user?

underrated post

also, checked

The captains working for the merchants knew how to sail ships. Venetians and Genoans dominated trade at sea.

Dorestad

Ehm dunno desu.

Do you think the mediterranean is as big as the Atlantic Ocean?

How did stone age illiterate people colonize Polynesia?

Checkmate atheists

What is the ice age?
Retard.

No, but still boats are fucking slow and the sea is huge.

Polynesia didn't have ice back then

Checkmate retard

Okay, perhaps you're not just a troll so I'll take you seriously.

Pic related shows you the routes that were established between the first and second crusades, showing that sea trades were quite active by that time.

>study.com/academy/lesson/trade-networks-in-the-middle-ages-empires-routes.html

This link instead explains how the silk road was reopened thanks to the mongols conquering central Asia up to Baghdad. Remember that it will be because of the mongols besieging Caffa, in Crimea, and throwing corpses of those who died from the plague inside their walls, that the plague will spread to Europe. Look back at the pic, Caffa sends salt to Venice, which means that because of re-established sea trade routes and because of the re-opened silk road, the "black death" plague was successfully brought to Europe by the mongols by sea. And because of those trade routes, Sardinia as well was contaminated. I hope this clears up any doubt.

>Both of them couldn't read, let alone know mathematics or anything about sailing ships

Perhaps, but still there must've been experienced sailors and ship captains that knew where to go to reach a certain port.

I think those are polders.

>the sea is huge.
The distance from Sicilly to Sardinia is 292.20 km. An average, fully loaded medieval brig could travel at 11 knots, that's. 20 KM/H. roughly

So fifteen hours from Sicilly to Sardinia

That must be fake map
No one in middle age could read and travel acros mediterran sea

No one could sail with wooden boat more than 100km in deep sea you dumb fart fuck.
Fucking american education.

Polynesians can, they had blue water navigation straight from the beginning. Pretty OP if you ask me.

It is a fake map it's painfuly obvious it's made in modern times, again, no arguments and fake data, I'm getting really frustrated.

Finally a non retard in the thread

>No one in the middle ages could read
Close, but not quite. Very few people could read. Members of the clergy had to read to be able to read scripture. The Pope frequently sent out letters. It's not a fake map. It has been made in modern times, yes.

I love the amount of trolling ITT. Keep it up lads.

I bet those americans arent trolling.
>implaying you can sail with diy wooden boat from Sicily to Corsica

but people have lived on iceland since forever

Those were vikings who got lost on the way.
And somehow incidently find some land.
That is the reason why they stayed there.

Not really, it's been settled by vikings in the age of discovery.

Hence why I believe Sardinia was settled maybe once in Roman times for the mines but later left to protect Rome from the Germanics so the island was de-populated and then in the Age of Discovery by Spaniards and Italic people

WE WUZ SAILRS N SHIT
WE OWNED SEAS N SHIT

>Vikings
>Age of Discovery
That was the 900s you dumbfuck

It's retarded how much these fucking Geoans make up stuff on the way, even today the sea is too big to be owned by anyone, hence why it's also called "nobody's land", let alone in ancient times.

No one can own the sea, let alone medieval retards who coudln't do 1-1=2.

It's retarded how much these fucking Geoans make up stuff on the way, even today the sea is too big to be owned by anyone, hence why it's also called "nobody's land", let alone in ancient times.

No one can own the sea, let alone medieval retards who couldn't do 1-1=2.

>It is a fake map it's painfuly obvious it's made in modern times
Of course it is modern, that doesn't mean the routes represented in it aren't accurate. I'm faily certain medieval maps where geographically inaccurate, some land masses were shaped improperly compared to what the european dry lands actually looked like, so I guess the creator of the map simply reproduced the routes from an original map and put them onto a modern map for easier understanding.
You wanted an actual map dating from medieval times? I'd post one if I could find one, google images is not being collaborative on that part.

>again, no arguments and fake data, I'm getting really frustrated.
I explained to you how the plague reached almost all of Europe. Without any trade routes, both land and sea ones, the plague wouldn't have spread as much as it did, if not at all. So the trade routes had to be established by that time, or else the plague would've never reached Europe from Caffa. Also Sardinia is in a very central position, meaning that trade ships were bound to stop there at a certain point before continuing their travel.

Also don't believe the "no one could read in medieval times" meme, there were monasteries and universities where the children of nobility could go to learn under the tutorship of erudite monks. One of the most important medieval universities was build in Sicily.

Spot on - we have reports from Columbus landing on Sardinia in the 16th century. The native population apparently spoke an archaic form of latin and greeted each other with the words "Roma invicta". When asked why they didn't rebuilt their ruined cities they started sobbing and crying while one of their more prominent citizens mumbled something that sounded like vae victis.

The most stunning thing of all in the reports from Columbus? All the people on Sardinia were black, blacker than even the blackest Moor most Spaniards had ever seen.

I guess most people ITT were never on open sea, or in wooden boat.

>All the people on Sardinia were black
Sauce

Columbus

It's possible but how did blacks get there in the first place with a boat?

I'm genuinely interested I heard that the Guancians were white with blonde hair so maybe history is different from what we know, maybe all the Romans were blacks and invented the technology to get to Europe by boat, maybe Egyptian?

That's my guess.

So this is the power of Veeky Forums.

>confirmed troll
>proceeds to write a long annoyed answer to it

What's the point of pointing out (obvious) trolls if you feed them anyway ?

For all the retards who don't know shit about history of ships in this thread

1=Boat is invented by early Europeans but only coastal and used by Greeks
2=Romans invent the ship to conquer Carthage
3=the knowledge of ships is lost and vikings re invent it
4)The Age of descovery stems from the discovery of ruined viking ships in the coasts of Spain by the Arabic Spaniards
5)modern steamboat is invented

Artists reconstruction of ancient African boat, they were built on or around the pyramids.

[Citation needed]

I knew about the moor's heads on the sardinian flag but never heard of a native black sardinian population personally. If that's a joke, I'll tickle your asshole.

Was having doubts.

The Greeks only used coastal navigation look at Magna Graecia.

The Romans used ships or maybe took them from the Phoenicians (Africans, blacks who had to travel large distances)

this is too funny

They are not so black because of the Pisan and Spaniard settling in the island, but you can still find some black Sardinian in the inland in some villages, but they're more dark brown than black looking.

I'm dying.

>american ''education''

Was it autism?

This user understands.

But is he willing to do what is necessary?

Also
>maybe all the Romans were blacks
Marble statues may not show their skin colour but their facial features show no typical "african" features.

>The Romans used ships or maybe took them from the Phoenicians (Africans, blacks who had to travel large distances)
>Africans, blacks who had to travel large distances

They built their ships by copying the Carthaginian ones. The Carthaginians were a former phoenician colony from the Levant, on the northern coast facing Cyprus. Carthaginians were absolutely not black, their mercenaries may have been but not the carthaginians themselves.

I just looked up for any site that backed your thesis about Columbus meeting these black sardinians and didn't find any. Moreover, I found out that Columbus not only was italian of origin (which I already knew) but was a sardinian from Cagliari. Provide proof or go troll somewhere else.

Because superior slavic genes.
Self-hating Poleshits.

>this is what children are taught these days

>yfw this thread is just a Polish magician trying to distract us with autism so that he doesn't feel obligated to tell us about what spells he used to avoid the plague

Despite having the 2nd largest population in Europe, (after France) Poland luckily managed to escape the worst of the plagues because the nation was the bread basket of Europe and didn’t need to import any food and could thus shut the borders down without starving it’s own people.

Why does the green perfectly align with areas with high Jewish population?

So how did milan survive?

No reason at all user.

>superior slavic genes

The fuck's wrong with you? Been huffing too much spray paint or some shit like that?

I am not the person you were answering too, but this doesnt mean what you think it means.

The reason why France is at the bottom of the list is that they abort the fuck out of every baby with birth defects, that is the reason why it is extremly rare to find someone with Down Syndrome in France.

The only thing you can learn from that is that the endogamy of muslims isnt good to have healthy offspring.