/utg/ Urban Techwear General - Is It 2077 Yet?

>Is X techwear?
It can include but is not limited to a number of aesthetics and brands:
• Tech Ninja/Cyberpunk (ACRNM, ACG, Guerrilla Group, Y-3)
• Activewear (NikeLab, Adidas, Gyakusou)
• “Gray Man” (Unobtrusive) (Veilance, Outlier)
• Outdoors (The North Face, Patagonia, Arc’teryx)
• Military (Arc’teryx LEAF, Triple Aught Design, Surplus)
Post news, inspo, and fits. Start flame wars, berate each other anonymously and have fun.

Updates and additions to the beginner's guide will be soon.
>Techwear guide:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear
>Brand Spreadsheet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MgLVu61LQrd59jNlOgwYaqxR3Jo35XY1gwOsTfmT9U/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

creepyoutfitlab.com/lx-78-2.html
youtube.com/channel/UC8TjnmfivUw4bLB-VEn0_Sw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inspo dump inbound

/stop

this is sick

id on jacket?

creepyoutfitlab.com/lx-78-2.html

I JUST WANT TECHWEAR PUSYSY THATS IT BUT I CANT STOP EATING REEE

I've been in to technical clothing and what was formerly known as techwear my entire life but the more I try to understand the internet trend "techwear" the dumber it seems

Techwear is not one single movement, but is instead a collection of movements. Beginning from Cyberpunk literature, outdoors clothing technology innovations, influences from the likes of Massimo Osti, and eventully Errolson Hugh's domination of the aesthetic of urban techwear.

Simply put, your confusion probably stems from trying to define 'techwear' in one sentence. There are too many deviations, styles, and philosophies to claim any one aspect is the definition of techwear; yet all follow a line of taking advantage of clothing technology.

>Simply put, your confusion probably stems from trying to define 'techwear' in one sentence
No not really if anything, I feel like stems from the fact that the internet movement of techwear is trying to do exactly that, put it in to some weird ass stylistic box and excluding things seemingly arbitrary reasons and including things seemingly without any context to techwear.

Yeah, there are those people.
You can thank Sheriff Hugh for them.

Really want to post the latest LA Meetup pic

Do it

Are these techwear?

I'm into techwear, but I think that techwear tends to have bulkier silhouettes and I'm more into the SLP aesthetic. I really want to incorporate tech or functional clothing into my wardrobe.

What kind of outerwear can you guys recommend? How about footwear and maybe even accessories?
Are there any rings that are techwear approved, for example? I currently just wear a silver band.

if you like slp then theres lots of slim silhouette you can play around with. not even just acronym coats, but lots of great long jackets out there that have the same elongated slim silhouette like a m65 parka that you can build off of. especially if you have slim trousers (Check veilance or outlier) and boots like the slp combats. techwear doesnt have to be all baggy even though that tends to be the most common

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

I also suggest just going through the brands list on a boring Sunday and seeing what sticks out to you.

>What kind of outerwear can you guys recommend?
Read the tutorial to get an understanding of jacket properties and types. From there you can look at all those brands like Veilance and have an appreciation for what is appropriate for certain conditions or what layers.

>How about footwear and maybe even accessories?
Athletic shoes and boots are your best friend. Visvim is highly rated, and there's countless sports shoes that fit the aesthetic.

>Are there any rings that are techwear approved, for example? I currently just wear a silver band.
No one in techwear will nitpick that too much. For a more cyberpunk feel Guerrilla Group is the only """""Tech"""""" company that has rings.

I already wear Outlier Slim Dungarees that I have heavily tapered for the kind of SLP fit I want. I have some black sidezips from SLP and am looking to get some footwear that I can use more casually. I was thinking about Rick sock boots since I can put my pants over them, also considering BBS x Salomon boots in black.
Any footwear off the top of your heads that have a considerably slim silhouette like Wyatts?
Thanks for everything boyz

Stone Island Shadow Project had nice sneaker boots, hard to find now but they might return.

Yeah I highly rate the Bamba 2 from BBS x Salomon. There were a few who wore the Balenciaga sock memes

Yes absolutely

To all those nerds that wear that shit,
what I'm gonna say will instill a fit,
y'all look like fuckin loosers,
Even bums look better, they're boosers

>loosers

Jesus christ fuck off, seriously.
It annoys me that people cannot differentiate between lose, and loose. Same with waste, and waist.

My favorite one, they're,their,there.

Nice trips

ID on those pants?

I believe they might be one of the nike sportswear bonded pants, not sure which though.

wtc fanny pack>

porter shoulder bags

Your and you're is classic

techwear newfriend here.
any thoughts on Enshadower?

probably Nike techfleese

Cheap, but as with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

I see. the thing is that most techwear brands seem to be pretty expensive which makes me unable to afford any of them.
do you maybe know any other brands that are cheap aswell? (below 80$ for a jacket etc)

There are other cheapo brands out there as well, such as 0608 and 11lab(taobao).
At that price range for just a jacket your best bet is to lurk grailed and ebay for a steal on a decent piece from something like prada sport, cp company, or any of the brands in the brand list really.

cool. thanks for the advice mate.

Oh, shit. I forgot about that one.

this is sweet but where do i buy it

this is gay

you're gay nigga

id on jacket and shoes please and thanks

Thoughts on these shoes? Just copped for hiking but I think they're pretty techy

acg 2 in 1 and footscape magista

As stupid as it sounds, Enshadower, Chrrota and Pupiltravel are essentially fast-fashion techwear

id?

They're New Balance 590 v3 Trail Runners

id on hostler(?) thing?

lmao google really fucked u didnt they

are nike KMTRs techwear?

Hey it's Mike Sunday

Depends on if yours are the nikelab//acg version or not

I guess it's an enshadower piece that's no longer available. However, for waist and shoulder bags, no one beats Porter.
Absolutely, even mainline, they're just not hyped up enough for nerds if it's not the ACG/Nikelab.
Conceptual for now. Looks like he's looking for investors and support before moving forward. Let's hope he gets it because these alone are forward thinking even if some of it is way over-the-top.
Not bad, they look way less chunky on foot in your first pic, and I appreciate the subdued New Balance logo. Tuck your laces and these should serve you decently.

ONLY ONE MAN COMES OUT ON TOP IN THE FASHION MANLET PIT, MIKE SUNDAY BABY

RAte my fit lads

You're mistaken, the terrorwave/slavcore thread is two doors down on the left.

This, should look more like pic related if you're looking to be tech.

I like this version a lot more than the ninja stuff. I think the hiker tech stuff has a lot more variety and more natural earth tones makes more sense than black, black, even blacker.

What do you guys use for midlayers?

I personally use an arc'teryx LEAF bravo jacket, polarfleece sweaters, and sometimes even just cotton sweaters.

god damn that is an ugly group

I just gave my bravo to my girlfriend and am still gunning for an alpha/lt. Not sure which is really better to go with. Sucker for velcro and tactical looking but the lt just looks so slick

The LEAF Alpha LT is very clean. Only complaint I have ever heard is it makes crinkling noise due to the material. That might have been first gen though.

Nice jacket w2c

Its an acronym jacket from some seasons back, and then good luck saving up 2 stacks to buy it

new to techwear here, can anyone please explain this chart to me in a non-meme term?

>cotton
absolutely not

and the same elitist fags on twg who wear them are the same ones that shit on people for wearing taobao pants when these are the exact same thing

and wander is criminally underrated

What's are some reccs for pants/ shorts to wear during the summer time? My area gets pretty fuckin humid in the summer.

Agreed friend.
Incredibly rare, you have a better chance of finding something decent and just as nice on the brands list for women.
It's a parody of a Rick Owens Discord meme parodied by some dorks.
On some level it does point out some common 'looks' I guess, but yeah, you should look for inspo and fits and see what stands out to you.
Agreed among many others
Moisture wicking is the primary property you should look for. Some shorts like the ACG shorts from last year have vents, others have a light breezy feel. Give the brands list a shot.

>when a piece tries to be /tech/ but gets lost in the aesthetic and ends up extremely non-utilitarian

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

KYS poet, go back to your tryhard lunarmemes you old bald faggot.

ya sure me and muh memes in vogue and forbes and bazaar and getting autocompleted by google fifteen ways to sunday and infecting mfa and ktt and becoming a hashtag and wow you haven't made or done anything with your life yet, have?

I don't even like him that much (his fits/posts are fine but I wish he wouldn't namefag in non-lunar threads, take off the fucking tag when your identity isn't relevant). but goddamn. I may be annoyed by him every now and then but holy fucking shit am I annoyed by you dumb cunts that apparently just follow him around and trash up the board, you realize you end up making his posts way more prominent by making every other thread about him?

It's funny, you're shitting on it but I think everyone who browses the lunar threads is drooling right now.

Honestly not convinced that jacket is impractical though. Depends on what you're planning on storing in that back pocket. If it's stuff you'll need every five minutes I agree that it's impractical, but you don't have to do that.

It's a sick jacket and extremely practical if you're actually out in nature doing something could keep a notepad , research materials, dry socks etc in it

Shit you could keep a Jacket in your jacket homie

Orly?
I was just craving more attention
thanks!

Fuck off woman beater no one wants you here

dox the faggot i know his deets are out there, i am in NYC right now

you want to derail this entire thread with me? Are you sure?

Absolutely?

Do it. Dox. Come on down! Fuck yeah! it's gonna be a party!
Get the block I'll give you the number. That's how much I want you to come through.

Can we stop chimping out and have a nice thread

You're the one derailling threads with your constant ego posting you narcisstic namefag

this
poet is ass

You talk about ass non stop tho

cuz im gay fagboi

that's cool as shit!

bum pup

it aint personal, just monkey business

>we did it

Name a more Iconic duo.
You can't.

youtube.com/channel/UC8TjnmfivUw4bLB-VEn0_Sw
What are ur thoughts about him?

His identity is rooted in buying shit. In shilling shit that he bought. Lifestyle products and fanciful projections of what those products say about him are the foundation of what he has come to believe is a process of self actualization.

metacuck!

Aubrey has been /tech/
he's a big reason Stone Island has gotten hype in North America the last few years
now he's embracing sportswear more and more