What's Veeky Forums final verdict on men with long hair...

what's Veeky Forums final verdict on men with long hair? imo it's a status symbol as hairlets can never grow out their hair as they need to try and hide bald spots with comb overs.

1 out of 10 guys actually pull it off.
Also only acceptable if your in your 20's

soyboys usually have a receding hairline.

Nigger that guys a fucking soy guzzling vegan free range leftist faggot desu senpai

this dude is one foot into the norwood cemetary already desu

I have long hair, but only out of apathy, not a fashion statement.

>as they need to try and hide bald spots with comb overs
My hairline's been receeding for like 2 years but no one notices because my long hair covers it up

> no one notices

sure buddy

I'd rather have a bald bf than a long hair bf.

no matter how Veeky Forums you are long hair will always make you look like a hippy or a stoner or washed up rock musician.

This. Unless you're literally Thor. I used to pass as a well mannered white kid. Now I just look like a dirty stoner. Although to be fair, I am a dirty stoner. But long hair makes it impossible to pass as anything else.

I rarely get mistaken for a stoner.

I have longish hair because it fits well with the shape of my head and I don't have to worry about cutting it once a month or making it look decent, just tie it behind my head and it's as good as it can get.

I don't get passed as a stoner because I'm sorted out (relatively fit, well dressed), but maybe as a washed up rock musician or pirate/musketeer wannabe because of the goatee.

Just like the guy in the OP?

short hair is for soyboy numale salt right cucks

Soy

im 24 and trying it. i've been hitting the gym for about a year and actually have some muscles now and am growing my hair out.

do you still get trims as you grow it out? my hair has been growing for about 4 months and isn't long enough to be long but is too long to look good. what kind of things do you tell the barber to keep it growing properly?

Absolutely. You should get your ends trimmed and your hair shaped up every 2-3 months, while also trimming sideburns and neck hair.

Helps reduce breakage and ensures hair grows in a more even, shapely way.
Just tell the barber you don't want to reduce length but just fix split ends and reduce volume (if you feel your hair poofs up too much).

I never got trims but I ended up with a mullet-tier neck but just powered though it.

Not true at all. I have long hair and have had for the past 5 or so years. As long as you maintain it well, have good style / facial structure and body type it doesn’t matter
People don’t think I’m any of those things you described. It’s all about self awareness. Only a select few males can pull off long hair, and they have to have very good genetics and style, usually feminine facial features help

these threads that try to make blanket statements on fa verdict on buzzcut, fa verdict on bald, fa verdict on long hair are so fucking retarded.
it’s different for everyone. learn your face shape, body type, your style, and figure out what works best with it. if you have to ask, usually the answer is no
long hair in particular you need to have confidence to have. I follow some guys on instagram with beautiful long hair, & it compliments them well. definitely not for everyone, just like buzzcuts aren’t for everyone

if you are big strong man you can ironically wear it to mock wimps. Other than that you might get your ass kicked in Texas.

i like mine but honestly you cant pull it off unless you’re jacked. im not small @ 6’ 185lb but im not as big as I need to be to feel confident.

and yeah only 1 out of 10 guys might pull it off, but that could be said for any look. but if you CAN pull it off, it differentiates you from the crowd of undercuts, brohawks, or whatever common hair cuts going on at the time. honestly if you are lucky enough not to start balding, you should grow your hair out once in your life as a man. for all the men who can’t

Scary frog!!!!!!! ):

>ever setting foot in fucking Texas lmao
Tbh this looks cringey. Like you’re 2 years late with the whole muscular, beard / long hair thing.
Also you don’t need to be muscular, almost all the guys I’ve seen pull it off well are clean shaven, tall and thin, and dress well.
You look like a 2015/2016 meme, all you have to do is put it up in a bun and you’d be a full meme

this attracts normie girls, because you’re the male equivalent.

>being muscular ever going out of style
>beards out of style

t. soylet

what if you want to look like a sensitive boy that likes poetry, long hair is the only option.

thats fine but i mean girls are girls dude. if you want to put yourself at a disadvantage by “being sensitive and liking poetry” you better be Veeky Forums and attractive in some way or else you are just flyover. you will not matter in this world. how young are you people bc life is not a movie where you’re the main character and get the girl because of something quirky about you

Not everyone wants to revolve their appearance around impressing girls.

it felt implied within the context of the other user’s comment

but sure. if youre happy looking the way you do just for yourself and dont care about anyone else, more power to you. but i dont believe those people are really happy

that's even worse

i'd say the same thing about people always needing to conform to others

What's wrong with that

If you look after your hair you won't get split ends, so you won't need any trims, just let it grow man

>but I mean girls are girls dude
all girls are the same
>you better be Veeky Forums
stop speaking in absolutes, it’s a mark of a moron. there are plenty of insanely attractive guys with long hair who are thin as fuck. look at any of the latest runway. it varies greatly depending on the individual
this
>i dont believe those people are really happy
lmaooo more absolutes grounded in fuck all. stop posting pls

Fuck off with this final verdict bullshit

>get the girl because of something quirky about you
That's literally how it works. If you've had no success with women it's because you have no quirks and you have the personality of a cardboard box

>look at any of the latest runway
ok great example here - pro tip people: you are not a runway model. if you ARE a runway model and happen to browse Veeky Forums, you get an exception

>this level of cope
stop watching disney movies and take the iron pill. even fucking rick owens lifts weights

Lifting is great but it's not a replacement for a personality. Unless you have a nice face girls won't even see your body until /after/ you talk them into sucking your dick

I'm an asian with long hair, so most people just assume I'm asian

Long hair on guys looks great if they have the face, body, and have a sense of fashion to carry their "look".
Exercise is a must if you want to be taken seriously. You don't want to give off the female figure when people see you from behind etc.
An example of how not to do it would be the youtuber called "BoyInABand". Petite body with very long hair just looks terrible imo.
Picture related -

Bet you’re fat too

Just fucking grow your hair and get it cut in a way that you like. Obviously there's face shapes and shit like that, but just do some research and work with what you have.

The last step to being Veeky Forums is confidence.

>u gotta be big to rock long hair hurr
Just shut up. This is simply not true.

Long hair simply requires good facial structure and a decent frame to be pulled off because it attracts attention.
You're not conforming to the norm, and therefore you bring attention towards your face / neck area.

That's why long hair is often deemed a "looks amplifier": attractive men will look even more attractive because they'll be perceived as either rebellious or refined.
Unattractive men, on the other hand, will just look like they're trying too hard or wasting their time on their appearance when they should better be working on other things.

Some guys look good with long hair and a buff body because they fit the "viking" aesthetic; see Thor's actor.

Other guys look good with long hair and a lean body because they fit the "devilishly handsome" type; see Loki's actor.

The common trait here is that both these men have attractive faces and take care of themselves.
Some girls like the former, others prefer the latter. There's no clear cut answer to which type will attract ALL girls. And again, why should you fucking care? Work with what you have.

This style or realy demanding. If you are a good-looking - you are golden 10/10. If not - forget about long hair.

>IS demanding

holy fuck I should sleep more

Me. 6"1' 135 lbs, long hair. Where's my throngs of groupies? Dammit.

Nice 2015 meme photo
>le manly reddit man with beard, long hair, and muscles
Long hair on guys can look great, not like this tho

Great post

I like long hair but that hairstyle is faggot/10

top tier post

thor is jacked

loki isnt “jacked” but clearly works out. he is a solid ottermode pic related

either way you gotta pick up some weights at some point. a “decent frame” can probably really just refer to shoulder width to waist size ratio. if youre born with broad shoulders and a thin waist - good for you, but thats not the majority of guys. most likely you will need to put on some muscle to obtain a “decent frame”

My hair's been growing for a while, but it's too fine to wear down right now, it just floats around the place like a fucking spastic in zero-g; So I wear it up most of the time.

Honestly, people may not like it, but I've never liked my hair more for the sole reason that once it's tied up I can just forget about it for the rest of the day. Doesn't get in my face, doesn't fall out of place, doesn't need styling.

I said you don't have to be "big", just "lean".
Of course some guys are born with a lean body and others have to work for it, but to suggest long hair can only work on Thor-tier buff dudes is ridiculous.

>only acceptable if your in your 20's

Jason Momoa is38

>washed up rock musician
sounds good to me

i typically refrain from passing judgement because my hair fell out when i was 19 but... the shaved sides look with the long pulled back hair on top is just awful

jason momoa is a famous rich handsome ator that literally plays a mer-man

don't bother

Woah shit i'm gay as fuck now boy

I miss my long hair sometimes, but then I remember it's pretty annoying.
You kinda get compartmentalised as "the guy with long hair"

YO I LOVE THIS FILM

>Washed up rock musician

At least musicians get hella laid, unlike you faggot

sure, if you're otherwise attractive, and willing to put in the time + money spent on product, trimming, and styling, then it looks good.

but that is maybe 1% of the dudes who try.

Looks great on some guys, personally I can't pull off hair pulled back like the photo cos of my retarded hairline though

yeah but you're no Jason Momoa

Is that you Josh?

my name is not Josh sorry

The problem with that guy isn't the long hair itself, its how he wears it. It's too long, has a horrible dye job, and is flatter than piss on a plate.

That dude has 0 dye in his hair.

This is a perfect example of what to never do

>bright red streak
>no dye

inb4 you say some shit like ACKTUALLY ITS NOT DYE ITS X

This pic is tryhard as fuck
>muscles
>long hair
>beard

pick two only, combining all three like this makes me angry.

JUST

t. soyboy
>stop hitting on my girl!

DORIAN GRAY

Love that book

Where does Stan from Madmen fall?

Long hair on men intensifies your overall look.

If you're an ugly guy, long hair will make you uglier. If you're a hot guy, long hair will make you hotter.

same with smoking

>tfw long brown somewhat curly hair
>on the no poo life, blow dry with cold air, maintain this shit to the max
Hair is long enough that bangs would rest just below collar bone. I kinda wanna cut it. What do?

Bad bad bad
I mean sure? Like you can apply that to anything rly.
Step one of being fa = be attractive

My hair is halfway down my back now, gf says she doesn't want me to cut it. But I have a bit of a widows peak, and if my hair line starts going back then I am 100% taking it off. I refuse to have a comb over, or the bald on top, long round the sides.

yaaaaa

Oh hi Mark.

if you're 6.5/10 or above it works favorably
if not it drags you down the pit even further

widows peaks are good
if your hairlne does start receding, then yeah it is time to buzz it

I had long hair for three years. No receding hairline or anything, dirty blonde hair that I kept past my shoulders. It took a lot of work to not look like a bum with the hair. I play in a band, and after shows, it would be sweaty and matty, and I'd have to clean it and brush it out.

I went with a buzzcut last year, and the main reason was just less work. I like both, but unless you're willing to devote alot of time, I'd stick away from

Does this length hair count as long hair?

Hardly. And If that is your natural hair texture you shouldn't try for long hair

Yeah I'm not planning on letting it grow much longer, I like it how it is, and IMO anything longer than shoulder length is just exaggerating

You did not hit her you did naht

whats next, you have to use a corn cob pipe and use a brush to apply shaving cream or you're not manly enough? I dislike the fetishization of masculinity to the point people dispense with actually being masculine and just have all these fucking tokens of masculinity like long thor hair and a beard. Its over the top.

post pic faggot

I look good with both short and long hair, but I miss my long hair. Never missed short hair.

Depends because as always if youre good looking yeah long hair makes you look like some alpha Viking warrior where if youre ugly you just look like an edgelord
Currently have my hair medium length and havent trimmed it at all. Ive received quite a few compliments and get told I have a surfer/rugged look

is this lonh enough?

your hair looks great, but you should definitely tweeze or wax in between your eyebrows. clean them up or something, it'd vastly improve your appearance (you are attractive mind)
learn to rotate a picture tho