Midcentury FA

just put an offer in on a midcentury home in the PNW. Buying it from the original owners who built it in 1954.

House is clean and sound but a complete granny disaster. I'm going to have my work cut out for me if i get this house.

Post mid-century inspiration.

beautiful house, nice op

not the house, but mega similar

I assume you're from Oregon?

Do you want the interior to be mid-century styled? Or do you want to lean more heavily into the PNW feel?

I miss Eugene so much

watch mad men

I try to buy all mid century stuff for my place but I'm too poor for my expensive tastes.

>Post mid-century inspiration.
prolly just the same as granny had it back in whenever. dont change a thing

Actually, keeping it the same is a very good idea because not too far down the road, most will not have the original old school interior. By keeping the interior, you are preserving a piece of history for a future generation. Hey, you never know! Your home may be a living history museum one day.

Looks like a trailer home

Very nice op

Enjoy your ghosts

that house is from my home town. Dropped off food there a year ago after some tragedy in the family. Crazy to see it here. Where in the PNW are you moving?

How would there be ghosts when OP is buying it from the original owners?

Unless they've killed people and buried them in the back yard, but that's a risk with any house.

So many beautiful MCM houses in the PNW.

Currently reside in Portland.

That might be midcentury.
But it sure as shit isn't midcentury modern..

>detached homes
suburban hell is not Veeky Forums

Believe it or not this is how a lot of houses in metropolitan areas in the PNW look. Large lots. Although I live in Seattle and they are getting dramatically smaller as neighborhoods are rezoned for all the new arrivals. :(

Looks like Victoria Bc.