I was told not to wear my rolex to work anymore by a manager...

I was told not to wear my rolex to work anymore by a manager. I'm a server at a restaurant and will probably quit over this. Everyone else wears shitty walmart watches but I can't wear my rolex?

Why can’t you wear it

Either he is jealous of the watch or he believes that wearing the watch is above your station.

Just pulled me aside and said don't wear that watch anymore.

I unironically might make more than him. or it's very close at least

You never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Which threatens him or makes him feel belittled, or he might just not like you or other reasons. I doubt it, since he didn't explain anything to you, but it could be an old policy? Is it a bar also? Rolex's are very valuable...maybe he thinks there might be a problem if someone desperate/oportunistic sees it. I honestly wouldnt feel comfortable waling around with one on my wrist knowing that nearly everybody knows how valuable rolexes are

wear a different watch of similar quality, or a cheap fake version of something super high end

it's a high end restaurant. not quite fine dining but it's the restaurant of a 5 star hotel in toronto so it's a nice place

A person in a typically poor profession wearing a Rolex looks sleazy and implies you deal drugs.

You aren't making your manager uncomfortable but you might be making your customers uncomfortable. How welcome would a middle class man feel taking his wife to a special dinner when he finds out his waiter has a nicer watch than him?

it's not that type of restaurant the appetizers start at $40, this isn't the place for the middle class

If you're living in a third-world shithole

Oh, you’re from Toronto.

He probably just assumes it’s fake like yours and everyone else’s personalities.

just tell him its a family heirloom or some shit, say your grandpa gave it to you on his deathbed and it would make you feel very mistreated if he didn't allow you to wear it.

You don't really need to be rich to own a Rolex. I think most people could get one after saving for a short while.

There's another side to this story we're not getting.

What do you mean? Is Toronto fake? by what measurement on a scale of LA to NYC

>I was told not to wear my rolex to work anymore by a manager. I'm a server at a restaurant and will probably quit over this. Everyone else wears shitty walmart watches but I can't wear my rolex?

Post pic of watch pls. I ran a bar and had a staff member who rocked a pepsi. Never bothered me as I used to wear my planet ocean at the time.

The city itself is in fact real but the people are the worst I’ve ever known

you don't wear your rolex to a job that requires anything resembling manual labour dumbass, there's a reason the other cooks and waiters don't, it could get messed up in a kitchen enviroment

It's not like it's a Patek Philippe. The Rolexes can handle a good beating, I wear my Submariner daily and I also wear it during rock climbing . I'd take it diving if I had it as a hobby

kek wearing a rolex as a wage slave. you tryin to prove something? also

>rolex

also it might be impacting the tips you get, noone wants to donate money to a rich-boy

He is probably protecting you idiot. You are a server. You work with a bunch of broke fucks, most probably have felony records. He wants to make sure you don't get shanked out back or worse.

Use your fucking head moron. Restaurants are staffed by the scum of the earth.

Yeah but 99.99% of people have higher priorities than dropping $10k on a watch.

I could easily buy one yeah, but that money is better spent on a used car or something I can use

How the fuck are servers so poor? When I worked as a line cook in high school those fucks were making $200 + a day in tips plus in canada we have tipped minimum wage unlike america

he probably thinks it's a fake therefore trashy
and [spoiler] so do the patrons [/spoiler]

Like most urban areas in America?

>also it might be impacting the tips you get, noone wants to donate money to a rich-boy

Who told you that? Success attracts success.

Nice.

Doesn't help that there's only two relevant places in the entire Canada and Toronto is the bigger of the two

oh my god how fat are you?

then you'd better watch out

>quitting over not being able to wear some watch
you're a fucking moron lmao, if you need to tell the time at work get a cheap Casio and save the Rolex for your own time.

hahahahahahahaahah holy shit dude
you'll never be effay

>falling for hamfist bait

I heard your radio debut down at green groove, Olivia played you like a fiddle!!

/thread

HAHAHAHAHA FATASS

This, that's always the way to get around it, say his decision offends you, but make it semi plausible, the heirloom rout seems good.

I mean you serve at a restaurant why do you own a Rolex in the first place ? Just curious, situation is pretty hilarious. Dude is clearly jealous

look at all those newfags

lmao I just realised you're a rich teenager and you were given the rolex for your 16th or whatever, and you're working at some local restaurant for pocket money. Get the fuck off this board you fat cunt.

i don't know why everyone is acting so surprised at this picture, he posted a picture of himself wearing it in the OP.

imagine being this hooked on bait

You kinda do, because nobody normal would spend their savings on a watch.
So you have to either be 1)rich, 2)incredibly desperate for attention/respect and stupid enough to think a watch will grant you what you desire, or 3)obsessed with watches.

why the fuck are you wearing a rolex as a server at a restaurant
who the fuck is going to tip you, retard? if my waiter has a rolex hes getting 15% just so i don't look bad when usually i would tip more

>being this new

If I was at a restaurant and my server had a rollie on I wouldn't even tip cause you have bread already

They don't want to be liable for you getting mugged on property at the end of your shift. You really are better off leaving it at home and you shouldn't read too much into it as it is likely in your best interest.

I think in general waiters are supposed to keep a very lowkey look which means no flashy accs. Rolex is flashy as heck

why the fuck would you wear a rolex as a server in a restaurant?

your manager is right, take your stupid watch off or go get in your porsche boxter and pretend to be rich elsewhere

>being this insecure

not at all
hahahahahahaha

>t. poorfag
not even that expensive

This You honestly look dumb when you're not rich but walking around with a Rolex on your wrist. It's like you're trying to be someone you're not.

lmao poor person tall poppy syndrome

rolexes are ugly af but make an obvious point in wearing it

u do know they cant fire u for wearing an expensive watch right?

huh? why would your manager ask that?
and why does a server wear a rolex?

amerimutts, man..

LMAO

You never dress up over your superior. That's just a big no-no.

$3K at a start but yeah.

Niggers. This pic gets posted in every watch thread now. It's literally in another thread.

my post was a joke

He's from Canada

He doesn't want you trying to show off in front of his customers who are in a 5 star place and want to feel good about themselves. Not that hard to see.

Just fucking ask him why. Either he has a good reason or he doesn't, being upfront is the best way to find out. Don't immediately jump to some immature passive aggressive bullshit.

If you don't like his answer go to his boss and ask him. There are tiers to this shit for a reason.

>submariner
>oh ya better take it off in water
rolex wearerers everyone

>I unironically might make more than him
>might
Unless you're a terrible server, you definitely make more than a front of house manager, and depending on pay structure, probably more than the GM. Too bad you're not on bar.

>reading comprehension
poorfags everyone

Because it's an Aliexpress tier reproshit and everone laughs out loudly and makes comments about it after I serve them.

>fake's so bad you can tell it is fake even with almost no lightning
You probably thought that just because most fakes don't have tritium-like illumination having a fake with it will immediately pass it as real too.
sad!

>Amerimutts
>Canadian working in Canadian restaurant

The absolute state of euro education

it's clearly intimidating your boss that you have better taste in watches (or more likely, are wealthier than him) he's trying to control you in the only way he can, continue to wear the watch and up your work game, it'll really unearth his reasons.

Why the fuck would you wear a watch while serving? It's unprofessional as fuck.
I refuse to believe you are working at a 5* restaurant and have waiters wearing bling on their arms running around.

>Canadians

>Manager doesn't want you to get jumped and robbed after work
"How dare he do this, I'm quitting over it"

This.
You aren't supposed to wear jewelry or accessories as a waiter period, especially not something like an expensive watch that you will constantly shove into people's faces while you set the table. It's incredibly disrespectful and would get you fired at any halfway decent place, much less that high end restaurant you "supposedly" work at.

you could've just asked him why

but it's probably because a server is supposed to blend into the scenery, not iced out and decked in status symbols

>Being this much of a euro cuck

If someone walks into a restaurant and sees the waiter wearing a Rolex, they're going to assume its fake. You're making the place look cheap.

if you are gonna wear a watch as a server at a nice restaurant, dont wear a bloody dive watch you nog

He's just watching out for you, m8. It's probably cutting into your tips since it looks like daddy's money you don't need.

howling