What is the difference between different types of watches...

What is the difference between different types of watches? As far as ive understood there are three types of watches: automatic, mechanical and quartz. But since i dont know anything about watches i thought i might buy pic related but everyone says its cheap shit. What do? What are some good quality watches for max. 200 euros?

Why would you want that?

Is this bait?

Because they look good

they dont kys.
>What are some good quality watches for max. 200 euros?
Seiko.

Get an automatic, they last the longest and lose time the least if you keep it moving as much as possible

i have a DW and a vintage rolex. i get more compliments on the DW since girls dont know shit about watches. i hear the DHgate fakes are basically just as good as retail DW since the movement is so cheap - might be worth looking into if u wanna save $$$

Quartz uses batteries, mechanical you wind, automatic are wound by the motion of your hand. For fashion watches quartz is fine, but go with a movement from a reputable country. For nice watches go for Swiss or Japanese mechanical movement. The Seiko 5 series is great on price if you want a good mechanical/automatic for cheap.

go be a seiko fag somewhere else
it's just a watch you loser.

>DW

yeah this pretty much

Cost me €10.000

>inb4 someone posts the Wendy's comment like every other watch thread.
>also before anyone cries about the price of high quality watch makers.

>i have a DW and a vintage rolex. i get more compliments on the DW
That's what happen when you hang around plebs

You don't have any
knucles.

>knucles
do u know de wey

If you want to get technical a quartz lasts the longest and is the most accurate. A auto/mechanical can be close to as accurate if you spend a lot of money. A cheap auto will be off 20 or so seconds a day a cheap quartz will go maybe 20 seconds a year.

Everyone loves being a watch snob these days. If it's for fashion then the movement doesn't matter especially under 200

How cheap is cheap? When I think of automatic I think minimum $500

>lasts the longest?
good luck with leaking batteries and oxidation of the electronical parts.

I am generally suspicious of cheap analogue watches from fringe brands; if you want a cheap(ish) analogue I recommend Fossil. I got pic related for $250 AUD but you can get it cheaper online and it'd be even cheaper with a leather band rather than metal. Avoid watches from the kind of brands you get ads for on Facebook; they look good but are most likely garbage.

looks fucking disgusting

kill yourself my man

actually yeah I admit this photo makes it look like shit but it's decent irl i swear

which one should i get?

Fuck what the rest of Veeky Forums says.

It's a nice looking watch.

Source: I own one.

kek
hurt your feelings DW fag?

it looks like fucking shit tho and makes you look like a cunt arount decent folk

Go back to r/dankmemes

It's usually more of an indicator of quality if you're not a watchfag. Good movements are more expensive so the watch will probably use better materials.

I wouldn't go with those colored ones, maybe the silver, gold, or black one they make

>tfw no qt ap watchfu

Why go on?

seconded, the silver one is actually a decent look for cheap.

The problem with these kinds of watches is they're made in some factory in China for like $2 then sold at $200. You can get similar looking watches of better quality for less, like the Timex Fairfield or Tissot Everytime

I like DW. Come at me. They're minimalistic and that's the style I prefer.

no one cares about your shit taste sorry

Cared enough to reply fag lel

try again?

$7700 many years ago. Should have serviced again soon, been too long since it was polished. Hairlines starts to eat up the whole strap

Really regret not getting a matte black one a few years ago. Trying to find one now is hard and when I do they're like 200 bucks. But those are all shit, get one in a solid colour.

Why not buy a quartz Tissot?

Is it acceptable to wear an smartwatch (with black leather band) upon a formal Suit?

If said smart watch happens to be the Apple Watch, it better be the stainless steel or ceramic models, if its the aluminum one, dont bother to dress it up.

just bought this. will be here in 2 weeks from Japan. limited to 1000 units. please validate me.

I really like the green one. W2c?

All black desu. Unless you are a Skittles toothed mumble rapper

Rate

I'm a big mechanical fan but there's this one quartz watch I've been interested In, it's a Casio Oceanus S100. JDM only but not that hard to get. It has some cool features

if you want a cheap quartz watch like the DW but not shit, get a timex

this

Which brand of watch should I get if I have bitch wrists?

JLC Reverso

Decent replica, most people won't be able to tell. 5/10 for effort

Get a mechanical skeleton watch. Every faggot here will tell you flashy watches are ugly, but clockwork looks cool af

This
Timex has decent looking quartz watch. You aren't getting cheaped out for the amount you pay for it.
If you really want to pay for something like a DW or any fashion watch, i'd recommend spending a few hundred more and buy a mechanical watch from a reputable watch company like hamilton or Orient.
I dont own one but I've been eyeing on buying an Orient Bambino

What gave it away would you say? Also I'm not sure if I want the watch, how would I go about selling it? I can't put it on eBay obviously

post pix when you get it user

The thickness of the lume marker borders, rehaut engraving, hand thickness, font thickness. here's a comparison with my gen on the left. It's not bad, i'm pretty sure no one would notice on the wrist unless they look up close. How much did you pay for it?

I got it pretty cheap from a friend but I kind of regret buying it. It goes for maybe $200 new though

falling for the hamfist bait

Truth is it's not acceptable to wear any kind of watch with a formal suit as it is extremely rude to check the time, or even implicitly allude to the passing of time in the company of others in a formal situation.

Where do I buy this??

Getting the Four Line and not the Two Line. Absolutely disgusting.

faggot

Are Casio watches fast fashion

I dont think so, cause even entry level Casio watches have decent quality. Avoid fast fashion watches like Daniel Wellington, MVMT, etc at all costs.

If you’re looking for a fashion watch under 200 the only thing that matters is you buy the one you like. They’re all pretty much the same at that point.