MILSPO/Terrorwave (as long a sumguy don't derail) Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HVCUsKkXq3Y?t=53m26s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_of_Crimea_by_the_Russian_Federation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sick pic, source?

British soldier training in Norway, 1985

Cease your saltiness, young one.

It is ceased, master. I apologize - it's so easy to turn to the darkside.

I do entreat the sith, however, to leave our humble enclave to it's business and not deraileth for we haveth a good thingeth goingth.

:^)

this entire fucking thread lmao

Telnyashkashashkabro would probably love this one heh.

Awesome boomerpost.

Is this 'Merica?

they look mongolian so either estonia or binland

looks american

mayhaps canadian

>G3
>any of those countries

Beautiful pic.

Suit fits poorly. Gun makes the fit.

Do the G3 countries have that type of tree and winter? I don't think so

Left side guy has cap insignia. maybe a lead?

The guy with the drawn on moustache leads me to beleive this is some faux paramilitary group, trainees for a militia or (and probably at a stretch) airsofters with really with authentic looing realsteel guns

They're Estonian conscripts, hence the filename.

These boys lookin FRESH

cheers on the new inspo

Estonia.

GET

nice
so besides of all the images, what do you think of the threads lately? Movement shifted to military now more than on terror and there's the introduction to the service uniform
done by a know fellow of ours.

How do you see it? What are the pros and cons of milspo
do you think it a way to show distress in a ever more dangerous world? what do you think of the appropriation of terrorism in aesthetics? Is a way to disarm or is it a way to promote terror?
do you promote terror?
I sure would like to make people a little more careful to themselves lately

we should have more discussion!
and what about if someone takes an
construction worker uniform and distress it with a marker, fire or paint?

you should try that
you know how

youtu.be/HVCUsKkXq3Y?t=53m26s
learn the dances

somebody once said
that a scar can look like vomit

throw up society

purple on olive
with combat boots

a more bright approach
to danger

Oh sick, thanks. It says conscripts but doesn't say estonian :P

I sometime afraid
that we are all toogirls inside

No problemo sirrah

Man that's some STALKER shit right there

this one is really important to me
it really is

I think military clothing has been informing fashion for hundreds of years already. Look at Hussar jackets and pellises and their influence on fashion.

Using real military pieces in everyday life is just a way of going straight to the source instead of buying a fashion brands nonfunctional interpretation.

this glitch sometime happen
it's because I use ie9

yeah, while I was browsing my pictures right now I saw some traditional African or Incan costumes and that was saved along all the shooting, so yeah
and it was, I think so more important back there. You can read all those stories from great European fiction about well dressed armymen, or some not that well dressed ones along that too.
And in along a broader conceptual horizon you can also think about the "figure" of the warrior in culture, which would bring the angles of Raphael with what Bruce Willis wear in "Die Hard" or the fashion behind action heroes in general.

It has that liberalizing effect too. Fashion market is ruled by prizes and buying utilitarian gear you not only manage to escape the current state of things, but also attacked it by attacking one of it's most important tasks nowdays - standing apart.
In uniform you not only don't stand apart as yourself, but also you become a function - a plumber or a warrior.
This makes you an total "other" in the world of fashion.
There's also the case that some uniforms as showed are designed to stand apart.

There's also the question of terrorware, which uses urban approach to devour the friendliness of consumption and to recreate it as a feature of itself.

>G3 is only used by talibobs

REally NICE!
The use of romantic ornamentalism (really nice comparative work with the Jimi Hendrix image) takes the uniform in the reals of the messiahs.
I imagine the use of long boots in that would bring it out even more!

The sneakers user here are incredible as a detail. The sharp blade of black really just gives it enough dynamic to represent the cruelty of terrorism

those guys also look menacing to me

tape

are historical terrorist Veeky Forums?

goddamn this photo is kino.

Why would terrorwave and milspo be relegated to the same thread? This has only been the case for a a few short months (I think) and I think we should go back to them being two separate threads. It doesn't even make sense - the defining feature of terrorwave is that it combines military surplus elements with casual sportif civilian clothing. Discussion of civilian items has o place in a milspo thread, obviously, but a terrorwave thread does not work without discussion of civilian clothing. Why would you combine them?I don't want terrorwave in my milspo thread!

they all ded tho

Adam Ant is good milspo sometimes

They can be together or separate, there's crossover. There no good reason not to have three separate threads, really. The lines are blurred.

There's no good reason to have a combined thread though.

I disagree, but you can go start a separate thread(s) if you want to :)

The more the merrier!

>Ukraine

I see you also disagree.

Wut is it then?

ahh I see my mistake, I typed Ukraine instead of crimea. confusing my Eastern countries :P

No wait... wat? Someone halp, I am confused now.

haha oh fuck I can't read today. It is separate from the Ukraine and is located SOUTH of Kherson, not in the south of Kherson :P

baaaaack on topic

Could someone clear this up for me though? I'm seeing a lot of shit pointing in both directions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_of_Crimea_by_the_Russian_Federation

Yeah no, I'll wait until this one is dead. Two milspo threads at once are stupid. Just refrain from posting another combo thread next time, unless you can find a good reason to do so.

Crye precision custom makes the best most versatile most awesome cargos in loads of colors. By hand, in Brooklyn. William Gibson called them a 'work of art'.