New here. Why do you guys hate /r/mfa. Genuinely curious

New here. Why do you guys hate /r/mfa. Genuinely curious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VYr21sQbuqs
imgur.com/a/L9oXb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because a lot of fits from mfa are actually viable options for everyday wear. Have you seen the wywt threads here? Half of the shit you can't pull off if you're older than 15.

because it's cookie-cutter and boring. anti-fashion/style

Sound in

cause most ppl on Veeky Forums are retarded schoolboys

>guys in their late teens and early 20s trying to dress like men in their 40s
If you want your clothing choices to say "I work in IT", take advice from mfa

mfa is getting compliments from your parents
Veeky Forums is getting compliments from art hoes

take your pick

Very good. Thanks, I've decided where to stay. (It's Veeky Forums)

I use r/mfa like a crowdsourced review site. Whenever I need to find a good version of something from Veeky Forums I can just search mfa for recommendations

Mfa is for people who are poorly dressed and want to improve. It's a good "how do i into fashion" resource. Plenty of infographs for a cookie cutter style that looks normal and plainly not bad. The Basic Bastard:
>blue or white OCBD shirt
>Khaki chino pants or raw selvedge
>brown leather shoes or white sneakers

fa is more experimental. Perhaps some elements of the MFA style are used, but they are not the focus. Fa creates its own take on style like lunarcore, palewave, techwear sleazecore, etc. It may not have invented all of the styles you see on the board, but at its best fa is a creative force and at it's worst it's shitpost central.

I do this as well. It's incredibly comprehensive if you are looking for something in particular, but it you are looking for inspiration you won't find much

The only good argument

You know they're taking the piss when they say "nice clown shoes!", right?

This.

Veeky Forums is obsessed with looking like Anime Spacemarines whereas r/mfa is more focused on cosplaying someone that has their shit together.

>techwear sleazecore
I want to see this.

Do you think it would get less hate from fa if it was called r/maleclothingadvice ?

redditors are fucking retarded. the fact that this even needs to be said...

Checked

It's just a fucking website, you dumb cunt. It has millions of users. There are plenty of dumbshits, plenty of decent posters, there's good content on there. I'm so tired of the reddit boogeyman meme. I don't like the upvote system either but it's fucking ridiculous the hatred some of y'all have for a motherfucking message board.

Before you start, I don't have a reddit account and I've almost certainly been on Veeky Forums years longer than you. Which is how I know that it wasn't always clogged up with "go back to plebbit" posts. It's so fucking tedious. God damn.

Baggy sweats, oversized grimy undershirt, grimy GATs, white tennis socks. Mix in some 70s workout gear and try to look like a dad running.

most of the users are retarded and all the retarded, lowest common denominator shit gets voted to the top

Fuck off with this shitposting. You are cancer.

>y'all

Veeky Forums is mostly teenagers with shit taste in fashion and it gets worse every day. theres only 1 or 2 good fits in a waywt. highest amount of newfags on any board except pol

r/mfa is usually shit but they have good basic fashion advice. their style is outdated and very uncool

malefashion regularly has good fits but they have a hardon for cosplay art hoe and techwear outfits. also a lot of teenagers but higher quality fits than Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums is better for discussions and w2c threads but r/malefashion is better for fits. inb4 reddit spacing go back to plebbit etc etc get fucked.

Based Laffoley poster.
youtube.com/watch?v=VYr21sQbuqs

GO BACK
EFFAY IS BE BEST FASHION BOARD
EFFAY INVENTED EVERY FASHION TREND
JW ADERSON WAS A EFFAY POSTER
STAY MAD
REDDIT IS RETARDED
POST ARE UP VOTED AND COMENTS INSIDE POST JUST LIKE FACRBOOK
THAT INTERFACE FUCKING SUCKS

JUST DAB OP, JUST FUCKING DAB IN FRONT OF ME

Wow nice tantrum

Veeky Forums is artsy, /r/mfa is for bouge fucking yuppies who don't care about anything but the professional world

Baited

imgur.com/a/L9oXb
that's why

>imgur.com/a/L9oXb
>Hating on a bunch of inoffensive fits

Imagine my shock when you think pic related is "top tier" even tho it's flaming dogshit

lmao, that's like 100x times better than Veeky Forums

feelsbadman

Most of these are just just aping Steve McQueen style. I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. What is your problem with this?

No creativity very circle jerky. Good for people who have no taste and need to be told what to wear.

Nope. Please go back. Now.

I normally wouldn't like this outfit but this guy rocks it

If you can't pull it off if you're over 15, you can't pull it off period. This board is full of elitist virgins that want to spend a lot of money on dumb shit so they can feel superior to someone in some way.

I've never understood why it's cool to look like you're wearing a poopy diaper.

>unironically wearing shoes from hender scheme

You do realise this argument applies to all fashion boards, right?

Or do you think telling everyone to dress in outdated goofnigger shit still counts as "creative" when it's been done to death, you unoriginal fuck.

>mfa

Someone with a legit medical problem seeking advice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 63426435276 "THING XYZ IS KEKED/SOY/NUMALE BECAUSE I DONT LIEK THING" threads.

Wtf I love Reddit now. Seems like it would actually be a fun thread to be in, shame people like you make such a hostile environment

i.e.

people who arent experienced with fashion start with classic basics that actually work rathr than going for anime ninja

>you're not into "muh menswear" so you must be into dick owens

>not jumping in the deep end of semi-ironic post sleaze waitercore

Only 6 of those fits are menswear

The rest is the same SLP-core "Mac Demarco Goofy Goober" shit you were creaming yourselves to for the past four years.

The diaper's his final resort? Like, there could be some corrective surgery somewhere for his condition but he doesn't take it (other complications, lack of money)?

Looking Good =/= Being Effay
You go to MFA you get some basic ass fits with a very uniform style. Some chinos there, some "smart sneaker" here, and a whole lot of button ups. It's good and conveys to people that you look like you got your shit together.
But what if you had some wavy souvenir jacket that you really like or an old Japanese fireman's uniform that you just happened to own? MFA would say throw that shit away and get some REAL MANLY AMERICANA CLOTHING. Well Veeky Forums encourages the opposite, most of the time, and you these creative fits from a bunch of loners who wants to secretly do /cgl/

>Well Veeky Forums encourages the opposite, most of the time

None of the time. They'll tell you to burn it and cop goofnigger shit like it's 2013.

I just don't like the format of the site. The only time I use reddit is when it comes up as the best result on a Google search. Sometimes, when you have an obscure question, it's the best resource.

As for fa shitting on reddit, all of Veeky Forums does that. I've been here long enough to know that many of you are crossposters, so it's hard to take criticisms on either side seriously.

i wanna be friends with the big redhead guy

What's the problem with that post?
He's disabled and asking for advice that isn't readily available fucking everywhere on the internet like how a suit should fit. Those kind of topics are easily ten times as good as yet another natsoc thread.

This board isn't really for advice. The fits posted on /mfa/ are funny but the advice is usually even funnier.

Too much twee nonesense and boat shoes. Lots of pretension of artistry.

They all seem like they're trying to cultivate a look but failing to capture the spirit of it or actually embody it. Obviously people here are guilty of it as well but it seems to be celebrated on r/mfa instead of mostly ignored or maligned as it is here.

Every edgy piece is balanced out with something very safe or twee, leading to a future-disney sitcom kind of look. That said, having lurked it the quality of posts is about the same and you can find info on niche things from fairly intelligent posters. The general culture is almost as shit as Veeky Forums but for different reasons.

meant to say the culture is more shit than Veeky Forums but for different reasons.

Its what a lot of people here refer to as a hugbox. A lot of people are nice for the sake of being nice. Its “nurturing” but boring af and lends itself to a lot of special snowflakes attracting more snowflakes. At least the anonymous nature of fa makes people brutally honest when they’re not shitposting. That kinda dgaf attitude is refreshing.

When fa has the rare decent thread up it can be good and I’m pretty sure theres a couple of OG knowledgable people lurking here.