How do I dress/accessorize/act like a really fucking rich person?

How do I dress/accessorize/act like a really fucking rich person?

You don't if you aren't rich.

Get monstrously fat and wear tuxedos

everyone knows real rich people wear head to toe gucci

Dress in the most average looking clothes ever. One of my friends father is a hedge fund manager with a net worth of over 20million and he dresses in really shitty clothes.

>my friends father is a hedge fund manager
Woah really!? You.. you wanna hang out after school?

bespoke suits, cashmere knitwear
try buying everything at Loro Piana and Hermes
rich rappers maybe

Hermès is insanely expensive. Great tip, but not easy to follow!

Then don't make such a fucking stupid thread,get it?

no one likes those ppl

>that weird limp lamb doll

why is there always an underlying creepyness to the ultra rich?

inbreeding and general degeneracy of the leisure class

This, I live in a wealthy area and my friend who is super rich wears basic clothes and acts normal lol.
Trying to larp as a rich person will 9 times out of 10 make it obvious that you're larping and therefore have the opposite effect

“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”

Juxtaposition? Or maybe thats why it's dead.

>Loro Piana
can vouch for this

like your dad with a slight modification

20m isn't jack shit next to European aristocracy

That wasn't the point, the point was thst he wad rich, which was relevant to this.

It's still top 1% in our country.

vouch how?

Americanshits need not apply.

You have always dressed like shit no matter your social standing.
Just look at the Oscars. It's a fucking mess and not even the most basic etiquette is being followed.

If you don't have money or time, fucking wear a sport coat and dress shoes everywhere. People assume you're rich just because you dress up a little. Otherwise, go to a shitton thrift stores until you find some used designer pieces.

there are no thrift stores where I live :(

Dress:
>Bespoke suits
>expensive textiles like cashmere, silk, etc
>heritage brands
>high quality shoes
Despite the extremely high quality, none of the pieces will be particularly flashy. Definitely no gaudy brands like Gucci, no logos, definitely no """"luxury"""" streetwear.

Accessories:
>Mansion/penthouse in wealthy area
>Holiday home in wealthy holiday area
>Expensive car that isn't a sports car. (Bentley, RR, S class, 7 series, etc)
>Nice watch (No diamonds, no rolex) (PP, AP, Lange & Sohn, Vacheron, etc)
>Fit body (In a post-fast food society, rich people are healthy while poor people are fat)

Basically you can't LARP as a really fucking rich person. Their clothes will stand out only in quality, and therefore can't be had for cheap, and it will be incredibly obvious based on where and how you live. At best you'll come off as nouveau

Poorfags out. You’ll never into fa
You can’t pull it off without being brought up in a rich family of old money, learning good manners and ways to conduct yourselves.
Poors will never be able to hide behind that mask

>he watches or even pays ANY attention at all to the oscars
Fucking kys

just get the belt bucle and you're set

Doesn't look good desu

Branding is rarely Veeky Forums

Great response. What are some of these heritage brands?

non-americans are OBSESSED with americans and will watch all the shittiest awards shows most americans dont care about in a futile attempt to feel superior

I doubt my bois up in european aristocracy gives a shit about the oscars

100% organic fabrics
Leather soled shoes or boots (usually brown)

Shirt either white or pale blue based
Sweater/cardigan/jacket: always darker than pants. Navy, maroon, bottle green, charcoal are the usuals.

Never wear black; the only black things you can wear are black leather shoes; a black belt, and a black watch strap, and then only with a navy or charcoal suit. Suspenders/braces are superior to belts.

Extra pockets, extra zips, buttons, hoods, stitched detailing, etc: No.

Also, crew necks only.
Shorts: rules vary. They're seen as very New England and don't go over well in Europe. Chino shorts only.

Short sleeved shirts: never.

Short sleeved t-shirts: in plain colours and on very very casual occasions only.

>crew necks only
Why? V neck sweaters are classic for posh look, you can't wear a tie with a crew neck

lmao, not him but you surely must be american

Why sweater always darker than pants?

They're classic for the accountant look.

Possibly naval influence. Navy and cavalry are where it's at in terms of miltary poshness.

go to a secondhand and buy vintage gucci

V-necks are looked at a lot different here than they seem to be in the US.
They are the kind of clothes you imagine a middle aged office worker slipping on instead of the usual feces brown colored suits when he goes to pick up his kids from daycare.

Crew-necks are what you wear for a more sophisticated and noble look.

...Thinking further, I suppose there was a tradition of pairing a dark jacket with lighter coloured trousers in the 19th and 20th centuries; this tends to carry over into our less buttoned-up times. Shirts still need to be pale, though.

Brunello cucinelli
Brioni
Loro piana
Ermenegildo zegna
Corneliani

Timberland

unless your parents and you went to school with rich people just avoid embarrassing yourself

Are you supposed to wear a shirt under this or an undershirt(t-shirt)? Does it matter?

Not from us. I'm thinking of uk. Old money is supposed to look stuffy

Stuffy and fussy are different. They'd be more likely to wear a jumper with a hole in it than a really "smart" looking jumper.

Yes, that what i was thinking. They would rather wear the v neck your grandpa wore rather than some new slim fit crewneck.

I go to this consignment store were all the old san Francisco money people go to consign there stuff. Full of the stuff as well as burennelo cuchneli (can't be bothered to spell that right.) For tailoring they seem to like isla. I guess that's why they opened up a store here recently.

He isn't american tho.

Not all aristocracy are super rich anymore. It’s closer to a country club these days

It doesn't matter what you were. Some try to let their wealth show by wearing the most obvious-looking brands (Gucci, Versace), others try not to let it show at all or don't care altogether.

How you carry yourself is really all there is to it.
>tfw one day teacher was ranting about how envy breeds bullying and how showing off makes you a bad arrogant person
>sitting in 3rd row, barely paying attention, half asleep in my seat
>"Like you user, and your expensive T-shirts all the time!" *points at me angrily*
>wtf, what did I do now?
>it was some 10€ shirt from H&M

Don't ask me how to act though. Whatever it is I seem to express, I do it unconsciously.

*wear

Is he aware that singling a student out for having an expensive looking t-shirt is a textbook example of envy-motivated bullying?

I mean, I'm sure you didn't give a shit, but he was throwing his weight around for the purpose of self-satisfaction, which is basically what bullying is. Doesn't need to be effectual to count.

...It amuses me how often self-righteous people accuse others of their own vices.

You're so envious, user, I can tell because I've passionately assessed the value of your clothes.

It was a spartanic catholic school, public humiliation was every teacher's get-go method. That said my class was great, and they laughed when the teacher tried to make me seem like the sin of vanity itself (because they had seen me wearing said red t-shirt probably a hundred times).

About 2 years later I learned the hard way that openly wearing a T-shirt sporting a brand (in this case it was Diesel) can make you a target real quick - my college class was pretty shit, and when they saw Diesel written across my chest they didn't talk to me at all for nearly 2 weeks. When some chick asked me about what brand my (unimpressive looking) watch was they decided to treat me like an outcast.

And this is the story of how I've learned to never talk about where I shop, even if they ask me. :v)

kek maybe the hapsburgs but 90% of the landed gentry only have their estates(if they haven't sold them already) and maybe an art collection or great library of rare books amassed by a much more richer forebearer

they are also in my personal experience very nice people who don't feel the need to boast or show off and always give you the time of day(unlike normal rich twats).

Depends heavily on the country.

UK:
>Henry Poole (and pretty much anything else Saville Row)
>Burberry (before its trash chav phase. Not really anymore)
>John Lobb
>Johnstons of Elgin
>Turnbull and Asser
>Ettinger
>Barbour (not that expensive)
None of these would be out of place. Also would probably have a lot of small high end local stores.

Not as familiar with other countries, but think conservative trad brands for USA like J Press, BB, Aldens, Allen Edmonds, etc.

Listing brands like this is all just a generalisation though, really the characteristics I listed before are more important than the actual brand. Heaps of shit will just be private bespoke.

>you can't LARP as a really fucking rich person

Indeed. It's not just what you wear. It's how you wear it, as well as how you carry and portray yourself. Breeding show through things LARPERs can never know.

bumperino

Aristocracy aint shit for the most part nowadays

Where tf is this European Aristocracy you're talking about lmao

In europe of course

Out of sight. And I mean that. You'll never see most of their names anywhere, despite some of them being incredibly rich.

You’re a fucking idiot. They aren’t, v-necks are one of the worst things you can wear
Americans aren’t like that, most I know are aware vnecks are absolute trash. He’s just not fashion conscious, clearly if he’s trying to larp as a rich boy

Talking about the English here, but I knew quite a few very rich people (or sons/daughters of, rather) when I was at Oxford. I was pretty much (upper-)middle class but knew how to dress/talk so went to a lot of the parties etc

Most had coke addictions which they could actually finance, so didn't interfere too much with their lives. The actual arisocrats I knew had fully tailored suits/morning suits/dinner jackets/white tie, which they would wear without any real taste and without really giving a shit about when they needed to. A few were in the Buller (who were all cunts), but the Piers Gav were generally alright

As to how they dressed, depended on the person. Knew a guy in the Buller, father owned a scottish castle, would dress in cheap shit Adidas trackies most of the time, maybe a really old Barbour jacket over the top, wore a signet ring too. How they 'dressed' really wasn't of much concern to them unless they were at a party or something. Another guy I knew had about 20 tailored shirts, all high end Italian, wore chinos, Burberry camel overcoat, generally didn't have much taste, I thought.

Get all your shirts from Charvet. People who know their shit will respect you.

Ps I left 6ish years ago so maybe they're all wearing streetwear or whatver now

>Piers Gav were generally alright
From MDMA-induced friendliness, or just lack of sexual frustration?

European Aristocrats look like wimps compared to Rich Anericans.

Preppies look like wimps compared to Donald Trump. It's a slippery slope, user.

Become extremely wealthy. You cannot appear to be what you are not- not to the people you'd like to impress, anyway. They can sense it.

I think the bar is lower than that.

You just need enough passive income to survive on without work; then you almost automatically start behaving like an impoverished aristocrat, who uses ancient hand-me-downs of the best quality, wears things to death, patches shirts and re-soles his shoes, etc. You also have a surer outlook on existence.

Being shabby genteel is different from being a rich person, but it's closer to what OP was thinking of. (More aristocratic.)

This man is richer than the billionaire businessman president of the USA.

Like anyone else, the rich dress in whichever way they please, the only difference is if they want to dress in expensive clothes they can. Also for formal events they’ll probably get dressed up by their mum in some sharp shit, but those occasions aren’t that common.Just dress in a way that feel authentic to you.

Appearing rich has a lot more to do with the way you hold yourself, and it can be manifested in a positive way or a negative way. It’s hard to put an exact finger on what it is, but a significant part is a certain care freeness. No need to worry about money and stuff like that.

yeah, perhaps because they're all dead

it's called Abundance mentality, which is extremely hard to fake unless you actually have the resources.

Black shoes are actually the standard to be worn in town, brown shoes tend to be more appropriate for the countryside

Shirts are mostly white or light blue, cheuqered patterns are also commonly worn

Sweaters can be lighter coloured too, definitely in the case of cricket sweaters

You would definitely need a black suit for black tie events. Other than that, navy blue for suitsis probably the safest choice. Double breasted suits in classical cuts are typical, or just a jacket and pant combo for casual affairs

Definitely no brand logos, do wear older clothes handed down frm family members if they are high quality. Be aware of the traditions that come with clothing, e.g. not washing rowing blazers and stuff like that. No need to bother perfectly matching everything

Thats from my experience of living in the UK around some fairly posh people for a while, it’s different in mainland europe

I graduated last year, there’s definitely a bunch who pretend to be “street” when they are clearly not. Others still wear suits all the time, which imo is a whole lot more likeable since they aren’t pretending to be something they are not.

Can confirm the old barbour jacket thing, that’s fairly common. Probably one of the easiest ways to appear more upper class than you are if that’s what you’re going for. Also owning a boating hat is pretty well correlated to being posher

Everything gucci and lv llike all niggers do.

true

Become incredibly wealthy

>how to dress rich
>oh but not like that because those items are expensive
Are you actually retarded?

Bump

lol one of my profs did this to me when i was in school, he singled me out because i had this leather jacket from banana republic, it was like 800 at the time but i bought completly with trust fund money, and he was like "why do buy such things?" because it looked so shiny and chic, he was like "what possesses people like you to buy such expensive things?" because it was a Marketing Class, and I was just like "idk, i just like it, it's nice looking"....I felt like he was trying to make me feel guilty for buying it though, like I was some idiot who just likes shiny things. which I guess I am, and still am desu. 10 years later.

>Breeding show through things LARPERs can never kno
totally disagree here, rich people can have extremely base vile semi-retarded offspring. conversely, poor people can produce extremely snobby aristocratic genes. it's not the parents that dictate your "class", ultimately, the genetic prole who is born into an upper class family will end up living the prole life, or at least slide down the "rungs" of society as far as it will go, despite being around money and the upper class genetics. having money is meaningless if you do not understand how to manage money and how to use it to create more money or at least maintain it. in fact being born into money and having no need to ever learn how to actually make "real" wealth is a death sentence.

everyone has this image of "rich" people always being greedy and misers sitting on some pile of gold, it's not. they are usually extremely positive uplifting people who want the best for the peopel around them, no matter what the class

Dressing "well" =/= dressing "appropriately", understand the difference. Fashion is not about "Dressing well", it's about dressing appropriately for the role you are assuming. Form and Function. Once you have mastered F&F, then you can start to experiment.

step 1: get really fucking rich

>they are usually extremely positive uplifting people who want the best for the peopel around them, no matter what the class
Child of affluent, politically-linked family here. I just wanted to say:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

poorfag here
i agree
kys

Well political families are not Rich, from knowing how to make money, they are Rich from being Social psycophants. And pandering to the lower class whilst simlultaneously detesting them.

I've known enough people who were rich from other means to know they're certainly not much better (especially when it comes to business).

well, then you are not knowing the right people. certain businesses, have been in business for over a hundred years, because they know how to treat their customers. and you dont stay in business that long without treating ALL of your stakeholders respectfully, from the new immigrant who works on your assembly line, to the CEO. to the rich mutherfucker who likes buying your products on a weekend whim. to the Fashion freak who saves their intern money for a whole summer to buy that same item.

being "rich" isn't just about having "money", it's about having Knowledge. Knowledge on how to use money to make money, and make people's lives better around you. Not steal from them and make your surroundings worse. That is a myth. "Capitalism" every man for himself bs. sorry. That is not how you become Rich, you become Rich by knowing how to use money, as a tool. Money is a Tool. It has no value other than what you can use it to make real value constructively in Society.

It's an idea that (lower) middle class cucks hold very dear.

Does knowledge include literacy?

Your ideas are parochial.

Do people get government contracts because they are so kind hearted, or because they're buddies with top level government?

Does De Beers make eye-watering amounts of money by making sure everyone has the diamonds they need, presumably to peel potatoes with in your world, or because they're monopolising a vast stockpile and dripfeeding it at maximum profit?

If your idea of selfishness in business is breaking the law, then you're a child, or from a small town, which amounts to the same thing.

you cant

>everyone has this image of "rich" people always being greedy and misers sitting on some pile of gold, it's not. they are usually extremely positive uplifting people who want the best for the peopel around them, no matter what the class
this is fucking hilarious. I'm from a rich family and don't care at all about people beyond my friends and family. gotta look out for the most important person in your life 1st of course (yourself)

>Rich from being Social psycophants
you say this like it's a bad thing