When the bank teller sees your net worth

When the bank teller sees your net worth

>when your net worth is all in a bank
LOL

kek

D-do they really see that when I make a deposit?
>If so here's their face

>Does the bank teller, the person who works there and looks at your account! See that?

Nah user, you good.

Do they really need to "look at my account" when they're fucking data entry monkies who transfer data I write down on a card into a computer

>8 Million

A-OK with me

>When the bank teller sees your net worth

Yeah. They're deciding whether it's safe to make your cheque deposit available to you, or to hold the funds.

I live in a shitty border town where everyone is a fake baller working as a line cook or bartender or some shit and one time I went in to wells fargo and a QT bank teller helped me.

I withdrew 1,500 in all benjaminz and left another 1,200 in my checking account... She proceeded to ask me about my plans for the weekend lmao

>I curved the gold digging whore. I had a gold digging GF last year who didn't put our relationship on Facebook until I bought myself a brand new Range Rover baka

You had only 1200 dollars in your account and she was in awe? wtf?

That's exactly my point, I was like wtf m8 I'm basically a broke cunt

I only have about 12 grand in my account, makes me wonder what they think

she'd suck your dick on the spot

I worked at a bank. the only people with millions were the old chinese men who came in wearing rags. seriously they looked like bums but these guys had so much money and barely spoke english so i couldnt even ask them what they did.

I meant more in my area but perhaps if she was some younger bimbo. Most of the milennial generation is broke as fuck.

On average i keep around 15-20k in my account. when i moved to a new area the teller would always flirt with me when i went in. She ended up adding me on facebook. told me she just broke up with her bf and blah blah blah. she wanted the D big time. but my gf is way hotter than her so i just kinda stopped talking to her and stopped going to that branch.

This, all of this. I'm 34, a "early millennial," and my net worth (bank and investments is just shy of $250k.) I grew up in a poor town, still live there and (until about 6 months ago) kept my cash in my hometown bank. One of the most uncomfortable experiences I ever had was an old high school friend who was a teller there saying "user, how the hell did you save $110k?" when I went to make a small deposit. Weirded me out but then I thought about it.

>Town of 20k
>#1 product of town is poverty
>#2 product of town in neetbux
>Drug dealers and neetbux fraudsters use soda pop as currency (Google it and see if you can tell me what area I live in, lol.)
>MFW I realized that my not so rich money made me richer than damn near most of the town

And yes, I moved my money to a bank in the city I actually work in that same day. If your tellers are *that* stupid, you don't deserve my deposit.

how did you accrue that amounts? I have similar in my bank account. Im just too much of a miser to spend on anything.

We've talked about this a good bit at home. I've never been able to come up with a good scenario where I would need 15k in cash Today when 15k in cash a week from now wouldn't be viable. I keep 1-2k in bank accounts, for paying bills and keeping CC empty each week, everything else goes into investments or to pay any debts.

Is there a particular scenario that you are looking at where you want to keep that amount of money in your bank account?

>Implying any of the Veeky Forumsraelis in here do actually own enough money impress someone.
>Pic related is closer to what OP is asking.

Real estate. I usually keep about that much in my account for a cushion. Everything else i usually throw into stocks. Once i have enough in stocks and cash (with a $6,000 cushion) ill buy another rental property and then start throwing money into stocks again.

either this thread is things that never happened or im so ugly the attractive bank tellers dont bat an eye when they see $55k sitting in low interest savings

my shit really happend. Most of the time its usually the double glance or they don't seem to notice. There has only been a few tellers that i can tell wanted my dick.

>physically going to a bank in the year 2016

Went in the bank, was like 19, only had £4k in the bank and the teller said my balance was very healthy, shame she wasn't fit.

Who the fuck is retarded enough to keep a significan portion of their net worth in their bank?

I'm 20 and have $2000 in between checkings and savings. Some fat girl gave me her number and told me to call her to open up my savings then a few weeks later she texted me and told me my money was "okay".

Smh at these hoes.

>when the female gas station clerk sees all the $$$ in your wallet

Wait, you told her about FB, or she just found you by your account holder name?
That would freak me out, I would report that shit.

Fuck's sake.
Women do creepy shit that would get a guy fired or arrested, I swear.

Totally random, but I stayed in a hostel in Europe and while I was taking a shower, the door opened and the cleaner took a picture of my bare ass, then closed the door.

I was kinda turned on by that, but was still kinda 'WTF?!' - she could have qualified that I was cool with being an exhibitionist.
A guy would at least have the courtesy to use elaborate spycams or creepshots, and this chick just blatantly snaps a pic of my bare monkey ass.

You expect the bank to hire PhDs with a $250k+ net worth, to be glorified checkout clerks for average wage, at best?
And why not move to the city, or somewhere less shitty, from the sound of it?
If your income depends on your location,
you're not that smart.
That goes for everyone on this board thinking they are hot shit.
Don't Dunning & Kruger all over yourself, M8.

I just turned 24 and I have like 110K in bank, but most of it (100K) is in a locked legacy product from when inflation was a lot higher: can't withdraw without "breaking" it, can't credit, but I get to watch it snowball at guaranteed 3.8% forever.

I never got a comment from employees, beyond my account manager telling me I had "sufficient" funds to be my own guarantee for rent by locking money from my lowest return savings account into a life insurance product.

I got a comment from a retarded classmate once who snooped on my mail because it was in my organizer, but I don't think anyone cared.

A GF of mine a few years ago was a bank teller, she said she can see your net worth and the most shes seen in 1 account was 6 million - the guy tried to fuck her to boot.

I know someone worth 150 million and only keeps 500k in a bank account

>34
>Millennial

Don't you EVER consider yourself a millennial at that age.

We're about the same age; just turned 35 today and I am from the very ass end of Gen X.

I've done HEAVY research on this worthless subject and refuse to consider myself a jellyfish, SJW Millennafag.

>inb4 "35 and on Veeky Forums"

Millenial generation started at 1985 and ended in 2005. So neither of you are millennials anyway. But I was born in 1998 so I am, and it fucking sucks.

I'd give anything to be a teenager / in my early 20s again. But, I'm cool with have being born in '81.

Jesus fuck I'm getting old.

>i was born in le wrong jenooreshun

you can see your investments in your bank if your broker is also your bank

why you want to be early 20s again?

get 8k tax return.

SAV acct showing: ~$8500

they get all investigative and shit.
>you got a really nice refund
fuck you looking at my shit for. just give me my $40

>$1.1 million

Teller doesn't flinch. That's middle class here.

(San Francisco, CA)

1.1 mill yuan aint shit, chink fagsiscan.

Meh
>worked at Chase
>Anyone worth shit is a private client
>Tellers can't see their balance

>tfw wagecuck with no way out

tfw qt3.14 had to go get a manager to get me the $140k cashiers check i needed for the down payment on my house.

I'll suck ya dick for some benjaminz

I've only been to my bank three times, once when opening the account and twice depositing money (that was before a deposit machine was added in my town).

I had about 3k in my account and went to deposit 1k in cash, all smooth bills from various savings. They looked at me like I was a drug dealer and pretty much cross-examined me.

>When the bank wagekeks sees your trust fund

Aren't you only worth like a couple hundred thousand? Pleb

When you're visiting your home town from the big city and you ask to withdraw $5k in cash.

Im only 24 there is still time to make it big :^) Gotta finish my degree in European medieval art 1722-1882 first before i make the big bux

I haven't interacted with an actual human being at a bank in years.

>bought first condo in 2013
>23 years old and fat at the time
>went to bank to withdraw 16k for the 20% down
>teller was decent looking hispanic girl
>sort of looks at me for a second in a disguised disgusted look sort of like "why the fuck does THIS guy have 16k?"
fuck her. i lost a good amount of weight since then, started lifting with a non-retarded routine, bought a second condo, and currently saving up for a third or a house.

We see bigger shit and deal with bigger shit all the time. Honestly we only ever remember the assholes so we can keep the waiting or on hold on the phone because fuck them.

>Gotta finish my degree in European medieval art 1722-1882 first before i make the big bux

kek

Fair enough. I know that at best I'm upper middle class and in my town happen to be the big fish in a very poor, very small pond. Also, good point, when a bank is paying $12 an hour, don't expect beyond basic counting skills from the teller. I do hope that they'd know better than to blurt out how much you've got in your freaking account though. as for my own skills, I could relo to pretty much any major city in my area and keep the pay (or even increase it,) but when the cost of living is 1/4th of any nearby cities, it's worth it to keep back a bit.

Never studied into social anthropology enough to understand the breakdown between GenX, GenY and Millennials. Always assumed as I became a legal adult in glorious Y2K, that I fell in the latter. I'll dig in and learn myself something new.

You're a fucking normie dipshit for not keeping a 6 month emergency fund.

Rule #1 of investing is you don't invest until you get that established

>tfw go through the drive thru and send a $20,000 check up the tube
>tfw teller plays it cool and it was a normal transaction

You're right... I'll dump 80% of my savings on volatile cryptocurrency like Eth which ultimately ruin my life. Thanks, Chad.

There are drive through banks?

America has drive through banks and atm's.Pretty normal to see drive through atms

Sucks for me being in the middle of that graph.

Shit I'm a 24 year old millennial, and I have 15K split between my two bank accounts right now

I am preparing to quit my job soon though, so I haven't been putting a shitload of money into my loans like usual, but I'll have about 20K+ by the time I finally quit and move

>I've done HEAVY research on this worthless subject and refuse to consider myself a jellyfish, SJW Millennafag.
thank god for that. arbitrary labels are well known for being incredibly reliable and indicative of personal character.

Any tips for early 20s, things you would do differently?

I honestly couldn't have said it better with those faggoty ten dollar words.

All I have to say is don't do stupid shit that can jeopardize your future.

Even though it might seem like a good idea in the moment, always think long-term because as soon as you know it, it'll be 2026 and you'll be old as fuck.

Rule of thumb: Before doing anything remotely stupid, ask yourself, "Would an old, wise fag even consider doing the stupid shit I'm about to do?" The answer is always no.

>Don't DUI
>Don't be a beta to some bitch; they're not worth it
>Wear rubbers
>Save money and don't fall for the credit card memes or they will fuck you
>Buy Ethereum
>Listen to real music like Prince

she found me on facebook

thats a pretty logical question for an old acquaintance to have man lighten up a little

good for you man. how did you become successful?

i know right. I tried telling people my net worth, no one even cares, they're just mad its not them.

>when the teller sees my $1.400 networth

Who dat

>when they see I'm -£426 into my student overdraft

Yes, at TD when doing a deposit the available and current balance of said account will display allowing us to see if there are pending charges, overdraft, availability to cash a check, and just making sure everything is good. I assume other banks are the same

>their face when i be cumin in za bank to make a big ayuz depozit and i be ghetto as fuk and my rachet ass gf be wit me too

>tfw your accounts are chase private wealth and the teller can't see my balances.

kek, remind me of my mechanical drafting teacher in highschool
he said he was from a small town, best artist there, won every drawing contet, pic or two on display, ect ect. went into hichchool in a small town 10 miles away, slightly bigger place, again, amazing bet artist on the planet everyone praies his skills, everyone tell him he will be rich and do great things with an art degree, so he heads off to college (some mid level state university, cmu or wmu i think)

first day in his art class he arrives all ready to prove hes hot shit
after about a month hes doing poorly in his clases, after another month realized hes actually not that talented in art, compared to "true" artists (for lack of better term).
He was good at math however, and being able to draw got a degree in automotive drafting something( idk what degree, worked at gm for 25+ years tho, story of 80% of the teachers in michigan)

never assume youre better than someone, just makes it more easy for them to trick you
a little humility will go a long way in life

the previous generation always look nicer than yours, the present always seems like shit

pic related, any of it sound familiar?

dont be short sighted, you arnt special, youre not going to change the world or someone's beliefs with a witty observation

also averages dont mean shit about an individual, the average american has one testicle and one ovary, i dont think ive ever met a person who fit that discription though

"So you choose not to act. As if by that choice, you will cause no harm. This intention is admirable as far as it goes, but it fails to apprehend the deeper imperative of life. Life is action. Even choosing not to act, we act. We cannot do otherwise. Therefore act with vigor."

you wont regret doing something stupid later in life as much youll regret not doing anything at all

looking back on grade school are you more pissed at yourself that you didnt learn a second language? or are you more pissed at yourself because you did learn how to read and write?

> I can tell wanted my dick
> wanted my dick
> dick

lol. Maybe she wanted your money senpai, might jump that dick to get to it but most certainly doesn't 'want' it solely based on earnings.

She wants your money, dick is a side bonus or annoyance depending on your motion in the ocean.

who is this semon demon
what is the source to this gif

drugs

>D-do they really see that when I make a deposit?
Nope.

They see your gross worth at that financial institution. Or your net worth at that financial institution, if you've borrowed from the same people you're storing your money with. Your net worth is (all assets everywhere) - (all liabilities everywhere)

>Do they really need to "look at my account" when they're fucking data entry monkies who transfer data I write down on a card into a computer

No, they don't need to look at your account. The bank prefers them to, however, because it may be the teller's job to ask, "Mr. Wayne, are you sure you want to deposit that in Joe Kerr's account?"

Guilty as charged.

I'm a developer; I am not very good at picking stocks. 10% net book value gain since I started investing this January, but this is _UNREALIZED_. Actual individual picks included a well-reasoned decision that lost 20%... and a fat fingers trade that, when I realized what I'd bought, I was so disgusted to own it that I sold the shit off (for a 30% gain.)

Given that this pic is pretty much my investment strategy I think I'm better off sitting on cash (which I can reinvest in things that directly benefit my business plans) than putting most of my money in the markets.

>ywn have a gf that laughs at your jokes like this