Used to browse here 2009-2012.. what happened to all of the raw denim threads--is Americana gone?

used to browse here 2009-2012.. what happened to all of the raw denim threads--is Americana gone?

Attached: 20170906-DSC_9563.jpg (1500x2247, 2.28M)

u stole my thread

There are definitely some denim fans but it's a trend that lost steam here. Now it's more street-wear and hip-hop inspiration. Or Norm-core smelly looking dudes.

>raw denim
take this soyboy shit to reddit we don't need it here

Attached: soy-alert.png (1022x1146, 296K)

Americana? Don't all labor workers wear that in all over the world?

People still wear raws, but kids on this board prefear ugly ripped leggings.

Lol no. They just wear hi-vis shit

i still remember how Veeky Forums trolled me to buy a peacoat in 2010

lmao no, they wear specific clothing made for construction etc type jobs, lots of high reflectors, sturdy cloth. Only guys who wear denim are those who do relatively clean stuff, and even they rarely. Cheap work clothes are more durable than similar price "regular" denim. Also pure leather muh americana red wing style boots arent used for work outside us.

Attached: raksajäbä.jpg (700x700, 388K)

staining everything within 15 feet of you with indigo, stiff material, and washing rituals that are more complex than wiccan ones. No thanks, I'll just buy prewashed that have the wash I want.

>staining everything within 15 feet of you with indigo
to be fair though that happens with ALL denim, just a ton more with raw denim.

hence me not wearing any denim whatsoever in the past 3 years. tired of it staining my shoes in the rain. they're not even comfortable, dickies 874 are a ton more comfortable and don't stain anything.

what? I've worn plenty of white and grey shoes with regular washed denim, even very dark ones, and have had 0 discoloration. Compare to that with many raws that bleed like a pig.

Attached: 13703110_138285466638153_2481112777658204160_n.jpg (750x750, 41K)

do you cuff them like your pic? if so that's why they don't stain your shoes

if not then idfk, maybe you don't notice the staining or maybe you get poly blend in your denim or something. all i know is my regular denim (non raw) bled onto my shoes, especially in the rain and snow.

I don't cuff.

I still own peacoat and love it so fucking much. Nobody wears them now, and this is so cool. I bet you just cant pull it off.

Wtf is this meme?

Some stupid /pol/ meme

>t. soyboy

Wut?

Attached: 1520348067158.jpg (750x775, 122K)

Never had an issue with mine too. I wash often though so idk that could be it

Yep, at least the whole raw denim-flannel- beard meme is.

Distressed or worn denim like op pic works into the current flavour of the month though

Soyboy is the new beta male aka cuck aka men-whom-/pol/-dislikes.

t. will never post a fit due to cowardice

speaking of raws, i bought pair of basically new samurai s003jp for $100 today

>is Americana gone?

Well Cone Denim did close so it’s only Japanese denim left.

This thread is funny to me because I just got done oiling my chippewa service boots.

A: The people that actually cared about clothing realized Veeky Forums is a dumpster fire for bullied nerds to blog about jews and black people or something and went to actual places to talk clothes.
B: They graduated high school and Veeky Forums wasn't cool anymore
C: Met people who ACTUALLY care and aren't the kinda people to just kinda bring up loudly in public how "cool romans were to slaves" (Looking at you horrific failed Denver meetup years ago)
D: Realized Veeky Forums is literally just as cringey as the people they make fun of
>used Veeky Forums from 2009-2016
Inspo threads with no text are nice tho.

Why do I even browse anymore

>t. soyboy

True.