Veeky Forums meetup

We should have a meet up to discuss all things financial. I suggest New York City as our meeting place, given that it is the financial epicenter of the world. How many of you would be able to attend hypothetically?

If you buy me a plane ticket

Can my mom come too? She might not want me to go by myself.

>Meeting with a bunch of NEETs

no one here can even spare the money for a plane ticket except for like

wheres the Veeky Forums convention gonna be at? I only stay in 5 star hotels and dine on the finest food.

This would be a meetup for actual Veeky Forumsnessmen, not poor neets

Trump Tower

>This would be a meetup for actual Veeky Forumsnessmen, not poor neets

The actual Veeky Forumsnessmen have ascended this shithole ages ago.

Let's go to Vegas and play penny slots

>trump tower.

good plan.. now we can shill trumpcoins en masse, and hopefully get noticed by Supreme Emperor himself

fuck you, you're all ugly, I don't want to be seen with ugly people

im down for NYC. I live one block away from the bull in the pic

>meetup.com/14-year-olds-with-no-money-in-nyc-talk-business

What's the age limit?

top fucking kek

I say the meet up is in Silicom Valley. I'm guessing more Veeky Forumsnessmen live here than Jew York

Chicagofags in here?

i live in nyc so sure. please go somewhere with 25 (21?)+ age requirement and a strict dress code enforcement so the unemployed NEETs are excluded

thx

>downtown SF
Probably better

im laughing so hard

Ayy

Op here. Minimum age requirement would be 21. Business casual clothes. Location could be the financial district, by the George Washington statue. Possible topics of discussion include securities, business ventures, world events, growth opportunities, etc.

fidi is so far. midtown better. hell anywhere north of fourth street.

yeps.

Atlanta here.

If there were a meetup on the weekend I might attend.

But I damn sure would not fly anywhere or drive far to meet the fags on this board.

fuck that shithole. what about south bay?

New Jersey here, ny sounds fine to me just a short bus drive away. Also i think 19 should be fine as far as age goes, if shit gets otta control we just kick them in the butts

>southbay
>not a shithole

>Los Gatos
>shithole
Only queers and queers live in SF

It would be legitimately and unironically stupid not to attend something like this.

I would happily fly over to a meeting in NYC from Canada for a Veeky Forums meetup. Anyone who thinks or says they wouldn't is either incredibly unintelligent and unaware or just hasn't given the significance of that idea enough thought.

Let that really sink in for a moment until you 'get' it, and then thank me for reminding you what a seriously incredible opportunity that would be.

I have a feeling that many of us would be looking back on such an event for the rest of our lives.

Veeky Forums overruns Santa Row

Only poor people would consider living in northern California outside of SF or Palo Alto.

>Monte Sereno, Saratoga, Los Gatos
These are the places the people who own those who live in SF and Palo Alto live

trying too hard buddy

WTF......The overall quality of this board is shit, just like the people who browse it

hes being sarcastic

All you "business casual and age 21+ requirement" assholes suck, if you want the meet to be cool then it should be: 18+, Trump Tower fountain, commodities, currencies and stocks, shirt and shoes required, drinks on the minors for a 1-1 exchange. Now that's good business.

It's too bad you suckers are way too fucked for this to be done right. It could have been the ultimate opportunity for you plebs and it would have only taken 1 thread a day for a week to work out the details and make it huge. We could have literally made a hedge fund out of the lot of us.

It's a shame the losers make the only decent choice for me to go cabal gangster.

Give a good reason why under 21s should be allowed. They can't drink, smoke, and tend to still act like teenagers. Trump Tower is a possible alternative.

Because more people is more potential and it adds to the power of seniority.

The best part about Veeky Forums being a dead zone is that I won't be posting on it after I pop out and my cock rocks.

Why not one in SF, New York, London, Tokyo, all over?
Have local 'chapters' or meetups.
Bonus points if people turn up in Donald Trump wigs though.

This would be a great idea if anyone would actually shoe up to any of these

I can't wait to see you guys! I'll be there.

Come to Detroit so I can come! I want social affection :3

Dorsia next monday it is?

t. 19 yo

t. 18 yo

>smoking
>Drinking

You are not Veeky Forums. I wouldn't meet you fags even if you paid me

>if you want the meet to be cool it should be: 18+

God no, trust me you will agree when you are twenty one.
Even more so for Americans, your 21 year olds are like our 18 year olds.

kek

i'll be there, look for the fat guy with the pepe t-shirt

>it is the financial epicenter of the world
>New York City

That's not how you spell London...

Bump for midtown NYC

I live in midtown west and work in convertibles trading at tier 1 IB by Time Square.

So I'll throw out a few places - Skydeck at the Hudson hotel, parkview lounge at Columbus Circle, on the rocks or the Brandy Library(TriBeCa)

This would have had potential if it was some underground forum where you had to prove yourself before you were allowed to post, ensuring economically illiterate plebs were sorted out in the process.

Here, it's an influx of /pol/acks and Veeky Forumsentists who haven't the first clue of economy works, let alone which securities and other business ventures are profitable. Veeky Forums's advantage is your meeting's disadvantage - anonymity. Too bad OP, it's a great idea, with literate people.

Easy solution:
Post timestamped photo of bank, investment account with a legitimate investment balance or post photo of your Bloomberg terminal or your trading/sales desk.

And include your city and a throwaway email

>All you "business casual and age 21+ requirement" assholes suck, if you want the meet to be cool
And this is why the age requirement is 21.

and what are the requirements?

$20000+ savings account etc?

Maybe, in another 50-100 years, You guys just recently payed back your last WW1 bonds. You've still got WW2 and the korean Wars and several other conflicts. Before your debt to the US might equalize b/c of Iraq

OP here. Here's what I propose:

You have to be at least 21 years old.
Casual dress is fine as long as you don't look autistic.
Meetup location inside the Starbucks of Trump Tower.
This shouldn't be a richfag investment banker only meetup. As long as you have a useful skill (programming, sales, entrepreneurship, etc.) you should come. We need rookies and pros alike.
We can setup a basic governance and create slots for each type of Veeky Forumsnessman (rookie, intermediate, pro) with limited space.
We also need an event program to have an outline of the topics to be discussed. We could also have speakers if anyone here wants to showcase their ideas/projects and get feedback.

I'd unironically go as a 21-year old who is just beginning to trade/invest in stocks

This is the worst idea I have ever seen on this board.

>Starbucks

That automatically breaks rule 1 of having a successful business - entering a market with no barrier to entry.

at least do a bar or a pub so we can weed out the

Second this.

I have been to both cities and Vegas is definitely better.

Plus Vegas, while it doesn't have Wall Street, is a much better representation of capitalism and the prosperity it brings.

Just stay away from the black and Mexican parts of town. Prosperity tends to attract bottom-feeding criminals and human garbage.

>you didn't give a name??
they know me

>Vegas
>better

Fucking lol. A convention center in a desert with 1/3 scale replicas of real landmarks... pass. If you're into hustlers, meth heads and pathetic burnouts, go ahead. I'd hardly call Vegas a city.

It's a hellhole tourist trap with $200,000 houses. Hardly prosperous.

Don't forget your kneepads

Business owner and guy who occasionally networks here. Not autistic.

Anyway.

You guys are taking this too seriously. Just set up a meeting at a bar in NYC one evening. People can meet, hang out for a couple hours, and exchange business ideas, knowledge, and cards. Good starting point for everybody. Also if you tell the bar ahead of time, they'll set up a little area and maybe even provide a few appetizers for free.

I'd be up for nyc but as a mfg guy thats 50, im prob old enough to be the father of all'ya.

100 pct this

OP your idea is way too autistic.

>free tendies
Nice

Do attendees have to be clean shaven as well?

This. Set up a pole for date/time so i can write it into my very important business calender

So, SF meetup when? In front of the Etrade thing? I actually have something i want to get off the ground, most people i know are just party/bar friends.

>NYC

Ok- how about next Monday after work - 7pm at The West End bar on 50th and 8th ave(close enough to the NR, ACE and 1 subways)

Yup

I'm out.
I'm an entrepreneur, I don't know half of that shit.
I study what is relevant at the time.

Protip: most very successful entrepreneurs are more ballsy and creative and wiley, than 'educated' or 'smart'. Very, very few have MBA's - those goys go the corporate or consulting route.

Source - almost every story of every very successful entrepreneur ever.

What people miss, is that entrepreneurs, like me, achieve success not because of their qualifications or vast knowledge, but because of maybe a handful of good ideas or skills and persistence.

They also try harder precisely because they are either natural experimenters, and can't coast by, because they are too young or have shitty resumes, so many would be unemployable.

There is a video on YouTube of Richard Branson struggling to explain the difference between gross and net income, which he failed at explaining. He says he gets the two confused often, which annoys his CFO.

I'm down. I'm not really Veeky Forums but I'm in digital marketing and looking for work and could use career advice from other aspies.

Well, that just sounds like a meetup, you idiot!
Oh, wait....I see what you did there.

Anyone under 25 is literally clueless about life because they have no life experience, they have usually been in education and usually low level work for a few years and that is it, wait until you're 25 and see how much smarter you are then when you where 18. Plus 18 year olds are usually cringe worthy try hard faggots

The problem with the meetup.com investing meetups is they're all run and hosted by scammers trying to con noob investors into real estate schemes or to sell them overpriced investment "guides" that you can get free on the interwebs

I wasn't suggesting meetup.com, I was being ironic.
It's supposed to be an informal 'meetup', not the bizreali corporation inaugural meeting.

Autistic details being discussed is getting peeps nowhere.

Maybe. The only people who have the balls to show are those who can actually flex in front of others.
Within 5 minutes the meetup will spit into the real Veeky Forumsnessmen and the wannabes, unless you guys are too nice irl to blow off the neets. I know I couldn't call you guys cucks to your faces even though I'm 6'1 and buff enough to pick a fight.

Hence having it at a bar where it will filter out the

i'd be ok with that.

the idea of a bunch of 4channers meeting at campbell apt is amusing to me. i'd like to witness it :3

>NYC

Alright let's see who's really in - drop an email to livedemosf-nyc@yahoo to meetup, drink bourbon/scotch and throw some investment/biz/trading/strategies ideas around

I live in Toronto and I would not attend a biz meetup in NYC even if someone paid me. I got better things to do with my time vs witnessing maximum autism.

Somebody please hidden-camera this shit. It'll be gold no matter how it turns out.

depends... Brandy Library and Campbell's Apt isn't your average bar - the hostess and maitre d would likely keep out any NEETs wearing sneakers or walking in with mustard stains on an anime t-shirt.

What the hell is the point of meeting up when you can discuss here? Or get some emails? You can even do webcam conferences if you want to be sure who you're talking to...

And I don't mean to say face to face interaction isn't superior, but is it superior enough to justify the time investment? I firmly say no.

It's harder to shill butt coins and be a troll face to face because less anonymity. So likelyhood of legitimate discussions are higher.

Plus being social is a good /biz skill

Yeah so you get emails and form a chat room and ban the idiots. Vet the non idiots with facecam. You now have a non localized community without wasting time and money. Super hard.

Then you're not the target demographic of this thread.

Some of us are well socially adjusted and would like chat biz over beers and whiskey.

If by socially well adjusted you mean losers who want to waste time with other losers sure

Yea, after reading OP and some other bizfag's comments, it sounds like a teenager trying to play battlefield with his friends only using military terms in speech.

A fun night on the city, drinking at a nice bar, eating dinner, and chilling out in a park bullshitting over business ideas sounds like a hell of a time.

The idea of this being a serious business venture is fuckin gay, dude

>A fun night on the city, drinking at a nice bar, eating dinner, and chilling out in a park bullshitting over business ideas sounds like a hell of a time.

It does, but not with 100 autistic fucking retards who try to get me to buy ETH.

>on Veeky Forums in mom's basement and calling other people lossers

Kek kek

I can do this. Any fellow traders in Houston?