There seems to be a lot of Floridians on this board

There seems to be a lot of Floridians on this board.

So, history of Flawda thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2009/12/27/books/review/Burrough-t.html
ate-ck2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bok Tower.

Florida is one of the shittiest states in the US. its like South Carolina but more humid.

>flawda
Nobody has ever called it that. The word has 3 syllables.

>le anti-florida reddit maymay
Veeky Forums is supposed to be a serious board. Kill yourself.

>yea we do

>black people
They speak Ebonics. They are incapable of saying "ask" instead of "axe", and use the word "y'all", among other unforgivable mistakes.

Nobody speaks like them except ironically, with the intent of mocking them.

One of the better Florida divides.

"Y'all" is said by everyone in the south even white folk

Viva Fidel!

again, black people (who themselves are latching onto another culture, as most are likely caribbean immigrants and not descendants of USA slaves) and ironic meme rappers

In any event, it's not history.

...flawda

Florida isn't The South. I've never heard a single non-black person say the word "y'all" in all 26 years of my life. And I'm from North Florida.

It's only outsiders and tourists who are convinced that Southern culture is a fixture in Florida, and not what it is: An invasive species that is largely contained to downtrodden frontier parts of the country. Florida did not have remotely anywhere near as many sheer numbers of African slaves and slaveowners because the only land particularly suitable for it was in the Panhandle region, closer to the Mississippi River.

Miami is the newest city on the planet outside the UAE. Our history is basically "rednecks -> Italian gangsters and Jews -> Cubans and Colombians"

Acere pls

Bullshit meme

Go to reddit if you actually believe such garbage as fact.

I live in MiamiFtlauderdale idk what the fuck we are. Were definitely not south. Were definitely not northeastern. Are we just Cuba?

But a lot of cats I'm Davie swear they are country.

Anyway what part of North Florida are you from? Jacksonville?

In*

>I live in MiamiFtlauderdale idk what the fuck we are
So Hollywood?

Miami here too.
damn cool pics, I always wonder about early Miami history.
can anyone recommend any good books?

Plantation. I've bounced around though.

I work in Hollywood though good guess.

No.
There can only be Texas history threads.
This is not debatable

What the fuck americans, why is this part of florida?

No florida actually is pretty shitty unless you have the money to live in the old jew areas.

t. Floridian for 24 years.

mobile.nytimes.com/2009/12/27/books/review/Burrough-t.html

this, it's fairly mediocre

t. I live in Doral

>just cuba
Cubans are not even a majority in little havana, Miami anymore. Cubans are desperate to be relevant and claim that city if not the entire state as there's, but they're just one subculture. A big one, but still a subculture.

I myself am based from Jacksonville, but my family history is based on more rural counties nearby. Note that rural, conservative is NOT equal to Southern. otherwise you'd be able to say Idaho and Montana are southern when that's clearly absurd.

Miami is pretty Cuban senpai. But there are a lot more central Americans here now than like 10 years ago.

>doral
Miss my Venezuelan bitch from there

Who /PNS/ here? Went to tally for school but PNS is where I'm chained unfortunately. I wish we could at least be an interesting part of the south like NOLA.

ok

doralzuelan detected

yes

I hate Florida, it sucks, every minute I spent there, and thank Jeebs it was only a brief few hours at the airport, I was praying for a flood to sink the whole accursed sunburnt, ass-forward "state".

>central americans
pretty irrelevant. all of them. Mexicans are virtually nonexistant.

South Americans are the real deal. Colombians, Brazilians, Argentinians, Venezuelans. The former were already here, but the latter are immigrating in big numbers because batshit leftists have run their countries into the ground and now 'murrikan capitalism looks good to their eyes

Success breeds jealousy.

Post about it on your sjw blog. Or better yet, leddit for upboats

I lived in doral for a couple of years.
God help anybody trying to drive around 4 pm

Fuck off my hate reasons are not political, that sinking peninsula, can suck and so can you.

At least it's better than the shithole that is Hialeah.

Are the drivers in other states as bad as the ones in Florida?

>I lost my bitch to a Floridian.

The only place I know of with shittier drivers is Massachusetts.

Massachusetts is pretty bad. But idk if its as bad as the Hialeah area. Fuck 49 street.

Well there's an answer.

as a Miami native who goes to school in Boston, at the very least Massholes are predictable, you know that asshole is gonna cut you off, etc.
In Miami, no one has any clue what the fuck is going on, cause you got
>geriatric Jew who shouldn't be driving anymore >Colombian plastic wife who cuts off four lanes of traffic to make an exist on the Palmetto in her Infinity SUV
>Haitian taxi drivers who think they're still in Port Au Prince

>America
>history

Nope, I'm just Shitposting, anyways bump for some history.

I don't go often to Hialeah, but when I do, it's awful.

Thank God no one has hummers anymore.

Nicely put, although it always isn't a jew.
>Geriatric Cubans who last drove when Castro wasn't in power

Everyone drives like shit everywhere. This is some meme that literally every state I've visited believes about themselves.

No man, Florida is really on some other shit. Floridian drivers are no joke.

I've lived her since I was ten!

We've got some cool recent history, but it doesn't go back too far

>what are Native Americans

Because without us it'd be a cultureless cesspool on par with California.

>this is what panhandle fags ACTUALLY believe
Your history is boring "muh black ppl, muh civil war" garbage. Real Florida is superior in every conceivable way.

Unless you're saying that the Panhandle is a vapid cultureless cesspool on par with California, in which case I'd agree.

Cuban/Yankee transplant detected.

What is this some kind of bait?

Personally I don't see why Everything south of St Lucie just doesn't form its own independent south Florida state . we'd be much better without your central and north Floridians.

>everyone is either a panhandlenigger redneck or a jew yorker on holiday
No. Stop repeating this anti-florida meme propaganda. I understand that you have zero pride in the state and actively identify with the enemy, but that's only marginally important. The important part is that it's a load of crap, just like "muh reddit floridaman maymay"

>66% of Floridians aren't native
>it's ridiculous to accuse a Florida poster of being from somewhere else

Gunshine state is the best state.

Floor-duh

I've lived here my whole life and that's how I've always pronounced it

This is entirely correct.

>I've never heard a single non-black person say the word "y'all" in all 26 years of my life.

have you literally never crossed the Florida-Georgia border? FFS man.

I've always said Floor-i-duh

This is a thread about Florida and Floridians.

The irony is that you aren't a Floridian, you're a dixie parasite that is precisely the cancer that I'm referring to.

Guns are fun. Too bad braindead rednecks and their former-property ruin it for the rest of us.

Bro I live in Florida and my grandfather said "flawda."

>rhode island
>you

Of course

How is loving Dixie and Florida cancerous? It's our history. Besides, the panhandle is obviously the most important part. The rest wasn't even considered when founding the capital. We just sent one guy east from the westernmost point and one guy west from the easternmost point and founded the capital where they met up. Sorry your part of the state is so inferior and irrelevant.

Bok Tower is really neat if you're into plants/Florida nature, I loved it

People are always shittalking Florida but I absolutely love this state. Year-round blue skies, lots of southern and tropical plants, water, lots of diverse wildlife, good food, cities that aren't full of smog or so overcrowded they're unnavigable...seriously, this is a great state.

Where are you from, Floridians? Pinellas county here.

Dude you guys have FSU and that's it. Literally. There's nothing going on in the panhandle.

And of course the only decent part of the panhandle, FSU, stole its mascot from the real nigga Seminoles that had the balls to not move down here in South Florida. Fuck the panhandle.

OP here.
Broward County.
Fucking comfy.
Got Markham park near. Don't live around too much of any certain kind of people. I just wish we knew how to drive better.

>Besides, the panhandle is obviously the most important part.
Utter delusion.

>tallahassee
The only reason it has running water and electricity is because FSU's presence there, which is primarily attended and staffed by Floridians who aren't from the Panhandle, and the government. And I can assure you, only a negligent percentage of those state employees are locals and not from other Florida counties.

Every metric would disagree with your claim of superiority and relevance. Unless you base the entirety of it on most obesity, crime, violence, poverty. Central/South Florida alone has 82+% of the population and economy, throw in North Florida minus the Panhandle and that largely makes up the difference. The Panhandle is without a doubt the least advanced, least civilized, and least relevant part of Florida.

I was able to visit the Everglades last year, it was stellar. You have great wildlife in your county!

TAMPA STRONK

I live in Palm Bay and there's really no history here or in Melbourne outside of the house Jim Morrison lived in when his father was stationed here back when it was a naval area. I've walked by it a few times since it's a few streets over from a really good crepe cafe me and my girlfriend go to all the time.

Sometimes history has to be made to be interesting. No one will remember Jim Morrison in two hundred years.

St. Augustine was the first European settlement within the United States. It was founded in 1565 and remained the capital of Spanish Florida for over 200 years.

Florida a shit, the last cool thing that happened down there was the Seminole wars.

From Broward.

Raised in Pines.

Mom moved to Ft. Laudy Beach

Dad bounced out of this swamp

Going to school in Orlando at UCF

Trying to gtfo this state for grad school

I'm going to miss my friends, family, cuban food, and all of the spicy latinas.
Oh and the most beautiful girl I've ever met is probably back in Pines living at home/commuting to FIU.

This state's history is one of the crappiest in the country. Despite being home to the Americ (sustained) settlement in North America.

t. Swole History Major

Wot. You're a westonite then? Or sunrise?
Where'd you go to highschool?
Western?

Kek not him but Westonzuelan here. Living in SoCal now, moving to Korea soon.

Is your last name Castro?

Who dis boi?

If your last name's Castro I used to be friends with your brother. We've lost touch since I moved though.
I've been waterboarded at ur house

Brother

Also (if it is) are you still with that Taiwanese girl? You and I used to fugg with your old wwii guns

Lol sorry about that yeah we were absolute madmen lol

Nah Korean waifu now lol.

Plantation
Went to high school in Miramar

Spanishfag there.

In 1812 Constitution, Florida belonged to the province of Cuba. Capital of Florida even was La Habana.

ate-ck2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mouse

did you take any classes with Gannon? I had her for War and Society and enjoyed it, and looking for other classes to fill up my schedule

It's meant as a warning for all the wise ones who stare at our map.

"Welcome to the Gunshine State. Enjoy the sunshine while alive."

Oh, but as an historical fact: We held 3 of the nation's top ten most 'dangerous' cities (Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville) for a few years running in the 2000-'10 era. Miami and Orlando both holding the top spot, temporally, respectively, within that same ten-year span. Jax was #8 when O-town was #1 I believe. Maybe #9.

Hashtag SouthDadeNative

I have lived in Florida since I was 11, I'm 24 now. There are tons of hicks in this state, idk where you've been

Not Florida.

I agree. If people only knew how bad things really are