What do I do against acne caused by hormones? Tea tree oil has been great for treating them...

What do I do against acne caused by hormones? Tea tree oil has been great for treating them, but can I do anything to prevent them from occurring before and during my period? Also what are good skin supplements?

Attached: IMG_20180225_180755_01_01.jpg (1836x2594, 855K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780801/
warosu.org/fa/thread/S10548829#p10587825
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay title didn't show up but SKINCARE GENERAL

>Chamomile tea
>Soap
>Benzoyl peroxide??
>Clean pillows and sheets
>No touching face
>No chocolate
>No oily food
>Moisturize twice a day
>Steam facial
>Antibiotics
Might aswell just give up user, i certainly have.

You get a script for tretinoin, which you ought to be using anyway for anti-aging.

go thinspo until you stop having periods

take high doses of vitamin a. its basicly isotritonin light but prescription free. around 100000 iu a day. it reduced my acne greatly (like 70%)

also dont get pregnant while u take isotretionin or vitamine a

cbd oil ftw

5% Ibuprofen Gel

ive been using prescription antibiotics to clear acne for awhile, today i went to get my next prescriptioin pills and he gave me accutane. am i fucked?

stop taking hormones you degenerate

they're natural hormones... women have hormonal cycles...

no, it worked amazingly for me. The first few months you wont notice anything but for me it really cleared up after 5 months when I stopped taking it. Your lips will get very dry if you take it in cold weather or your skin will be very sensitive to burning if you take it in the summer. Be careful of these things.

i d

i do get dry lips. but i also feel itchy. hopefully it turn out ok

I normally moisturize my face in the morning and before bed. If I take a shower after gym at say noon or afternoon, do I need to add in an extra moisturizing sesh? I feel like it will cost me a lot of money in the end.

have u tried no dairy

Stop having a disgusting vagina

Based

This

I gave up as well, spent couple of years going from doc to doc, taking pills, creams, treatments, heat therapy (some lights they get close on my face for couple of mins) and all kinds of other shit, and nothing.

Fuck it if they pass by themselves good, if not I'll struggle.

Attached: 893.jpg (786x800, 52K)

Have same issue. Birth control cleared most of my conedomic issues but I still have dry spots and hormonal cystic acne on my cheeks. I am going to try some products from the ordinary to balance my ph and see how things change. My bf is on accutane and it's worked very well for him but I can't go on it because of medical issues. A lot of people grow out of hormonal acne and it really might just be a waiting game for us. If you aren't yet on BC, even if you're not sexually active, you should look into it because that has made a difference for a lot of people. Unfortunately I do not think there is anything to do when you are cycling because women are broken and unless you're controlling the root of the problem (hormones) there's no way to keep those glands from pumping out their cheese and no amount of steaming or product will keep the pore clean

Attached: IMG_5462.jpg (2576x1932, 907K)

2x600mg N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine sustained release
3x150mg Milk Thistle extract
1x200mcg Selenium
2x15mg Zinc
/day, taken with a quality multivitamin (I suggest using Jarrow products)
prepare for one or two major outburst in the first two months of the cure. you should see major improvements immediately afterwards. apply Vitamin E Oil on the scars. (I suggest using dr.organic)

If you're female, what's been working for me are Primrose Oil tablets, a moisturizer with Niacinamide, and quite possibly the biggest game changer Spearmint tea on the daily. Spearmint is an androgen inhibitor which will reduce hormonal breakouts.

christ. imagine the stench

Will try this, thanks. I didn't know what that was.

Ooooooooh okay

Do you apply it on your face?

Yeah i don't eat any animal stuff

Thanks user, yeah I am on birth control. I have an IUD but for some reason my period just doesn't go away and I get mood issues because of the hormonal cycles as well. My hormones are still fucked from chemo I think.

Everyone else, thanks for the tips. I'll try to make them part of my routine.

When I got an IUD my skin got slightly worse than when I was on the pill because the hormone dose is so much lower but I've just had to accept that I'm going to get a zit like once a month. I have a few friends who have prescriptions for BC pills specifically for acne-related issues, alongside their IUDs, so maybe you can talk to a doctor about that/get your insurance to cover it.

Be careful not to combine tretinoin with other acne treatments (esp. SA) if you decide to use it

Are these ones good?

Attached: pixlr_20180316161446719.jpg (2048x2048, 1.14M)

All acne is ultimately just caused by blocked pores. These pores can be blocked by dirt, oil, bacteria, dead skin, or some combination of those.

Honestly unless your hormones are fucked up and your face is just too oily, you should be fine just washing your face once a day with soap during your shower, and exfoliating twice a week with a sugar scrub. That's all I ever do, and I always get compliments on my skin.

>not exfoliating with a sugar scrub
are you even trying?

>manual exfoliation
>using jagged sugar crystals
I’m sure it takes the dead skin off but keep it up and your skin texture will resemble the surface of the moon by the time you hit your thirties.

>Honestly unless your hormones are fucked up and your face is just too oily, you should be fine just washing your face once a day with soap during your shower

this is so true

Yep i exfoliate three times a week and use soap everyday.

Actually my face became much better after i made a true effort. Its just random breakouts of pimples the minute i take the pressure off.

fatty alcohols break me out and I've managed to find a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen without them but I'm still out of luck for shaving cream. i can't grow a decent beard yet so i do need to shave. any recommendations for me?

just use lotion as shaving cream, save money

i've heard good things about drinking spearmint tea for hormonal acne so i'm gonna try it. apparently it's a natural androgen (testosterone) blocker, like spiro which is a drug prescribed for horomonal acne. during your period your estrogen levels drop and the relatively higher amount of testosterone makes skin oilier and more prone to clogged pores and acne.

This. I just scrub my face with water only. Also do nopoo unless my hair gets really oily or dirty. Wash bedding once a week.

>unless your hormones are fucked up
Did you read the OP?

It won't. If anything it would make your skin even smoother because scrubbing stimulates collagen production. Tbh I wouldn't use sugar as a scrub on your face though. There are enough more gentle face scrub creams. Sugar and oil scrubs for your legs and body works amazing though.

Sorry user but what are fatty alcohols? Is that like glycerin?

Hmmm that's awesome, but I don't really know what to do with testosterone. Because of my medication my libido is low as fuck so I actually take supplements that slightly increase testosterone so I won't bore my boyfriend. But maybe I should give that up I guess.

Cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearic acid. Fatty alcohols are very moisturizing but they break me out so bad. I used CeraVe moisturizer and my face erupted in whiteheads. I also can't use lanolin, it does the same thing.

>All acne is ultimately just caused by blocked pores.
No it's not, please don't spread misinformation. Most acne is caused by a bacterial infection. It's true that blocked pores give these bacteria an environment to excessively grow in and can "cause" acne in that sense but it is absolutely possible to have acne and not have blocked pores. It's an infection.

You are right that washing excessively isn't going to clear up acne. It just isn't. If you meet a really fucking minimal standard of cleanliness - basically, if you don't live in filth - your acne isn't being caused by hygiene. Most acne has causes well below the surface of the skin, way below where your soap and exfoliating scrubs can reach.

The cause of acne is like 90% genetic, with diet possibly playing a role, although nobody is sure exactly how.

Manual exfoliation is a good short term fix but is too rough to be doing regularly over an extended period of time. Most people overdo exfoliation because they like the immediate smooth/soft effect but if you're not giving the skin time to heal between exfoliations, you're just damaging skin that's already compromised. Also anything labeled as a scrub should not be put anywhere near your face.

Use a soft damp cloth (muslin works well) and a gentle cream cleanser and lightly massage the skin using little pressure. This shouldn't be done more than twice a week on your face.

But if you want the best results you really need to switch over to a chemical exfoliant that you gradually work into your skincare routine.

pic related has been a godsend for me, i use it every other day and barely break out anymore

Attached: 1_1_8_1_3268377.jpg (980x980, 96K)

I've had this same issue for years. A dermatologist can give you prescription creams and wipes. For otc get Cetaphil soap. Works best out of anything i have tried and I've tried it all

this is off topic but u have very pretty eyes

please read the following:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780801/

>Most acne is caused by a bacterial infection.
acne is only occasionally caused by bacterial exposure.
the usual pathogenesis is based on endrocrinological proinflammatory processes focused in and around the pilosebacous unit.

>it is absolutely possible to have acne and not have blocked pores.
no. either microcomedones are formed in absence of bacteria, or external acnegenic bacteria create conditions which plugs the pilosebaceous ducts (for example bacterial metabolites stimulating the keratinocytes around the sebaceous infundibulum). microcomedones, regular open comedones, closed comedones, papules and pustules, deep nodules, - all are blocked.

>It's an infection
the infection is more of a symptom rather than an etiological factor. the involved microorganisms are mostly opportunists. even though they are meaningful in later stages of acne severity, acne is primarily a symptom in itself of internal inflammatory issues.

>The cause of acne is [...]
multi-factorial. most studies on acne vulgaris heredity fail to properly account for inherited hygiene and dietary habits, as well as the inherited microflora.

>diet possibly playing a role
diet is a cornerstone of acne etiology.

>nobody is sure exactly how
warosu.org/fa/thread/S10548829#p10587825

Attached: trombone.gif (376x281, 186K)

at what point do you shave during daily skincare routine? after cleansing?

Attached: 1477481221623.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

i tried avene and it didn't work very well, maybe it's because i was 16 at the time. thanks for reminding me to retry it

I prefer to wash before shaving so as to not negligently introduce any bacteria into open pores or microscopic cuts.

Attached: 1521060571320.jpg (350x270, 14K)

ty will try senpai got a cleanser, bha and moisturizer on the way

Attached: 1512333330967.webm (638x360, 1.21M)

The only thing that got rid of my acne was cutting out dairy, ALL added sugar and refined carbs. It meant looking at the labels on all food I bought. it's a hard adjustment to make but its easy once you do it for awhile. wish I knew this years ago.

sauce?

My step-mom has the same thing. She still has a bit of it but shes in her 30's, when she gets home i'll ask her what she does to keep it at-bay.

What did you mean by this?

Attached: tkdu.jpg (1628x438, 130K)

It won't necessarily fix it but a proper diet works wonders.
As soon as I stopped eating shitty takeout and fast food all the time, my acne went waaaay down. I still always have a little but it no longer causes me pain on a regular basis.

saaaaaaaaaaaaaauce

Can you use benzoyl peroxide on body acne? Any experience with doing so?

anyone have recommendations for facial shaving cream? i tested the pH of my usual stuff and it was fucking 9.0 on the dot. if anyone knows of a product that is on the acidic side, lubricates well and is kind to skin i'd like to know

yes, there are benzoyl peroxide body washes etc.
however, i've never used BP before so i can't comment on its efficacy

How do I know how many times I should wash my face?

I use this bp on my chest acne and it works.

Attached: IMG_20180319_104037334.jpg (3120x4160, 3.62M)

Anyone have any advice for getting rid of blackheads?

what is this type of pimple called?

Attached: IMG_20180319_110759621.jpg (3120x4160, 3.33M)