Who were the greatest soldiers in history?

who were the greatest soldiers in history?

US Military

The can literally destroy ANY armed force that ever existed

>soldier

U.S. soldiers could buttfuck anyone

Janissaries when they were slaves

British grenadiers

Janissaries

they were the Veeky Forums equivalent of WH40K Space Marines

US soldiers are average at best and always have been

Maoris in ww2

>Got buttfucked by a bunch of gooks and chinks from the 50's to the 70's
>Getting buttfucked by a bunch of camel fuckers and the odd angry Russian pilot that doesn't check for friendlies.
>Going to lose your SEA puppet nations to China soon
>Going to lose your puppet nations in Europe to Russia soon.
>Going to have a civil war if Trump is either elected or not elected.
>God bless the United States of America.

make way

mongols were IRREFUTABLY the best soldiers in historyu8iopgtyhjuki

shit. forgot pic

A ghurka would eat a mongol

Their wings are a meme

The Spartans XDDD

meme soldier

Genuinely good soldiers, memes or no

Name a better military though
Not one that managed to not get completely wrecked by fighting guerrilla warfare

this desu

Who cares, thread is about soldiers not militaries

Cataphracts or Varangian Guards

Name better soldiers

Than americans? Germans, Brits and all the first world commonwealth countries, French, Russians, Japanese etc etc

Americans are literally average, at best

Name one war the US won without primarily relying on navy and airforce over troops

These guys

Captain America

The main British forces were lackluster, without Canada, New Zealand and Australia the Brits wouldn't of got a look in their command was awful as well. Germany's soldiers were good but their command was better.

>Going to lose your puppet nations in Europe to Russia soon.
If anything it's the other way around. If Poland and the Baltics saw Russia as an annoyance before, they see it now the same way the US sees North Korea. And even if those countries have a history of unfriendliness with Russia, Ukraine went from a left hand ally to a top paranoiac in the span of just a year.

>not knowing the lamer cousins of the Space Marines
The Imperial Guard has a regiment of wannabee Space Marines with face mask and sabers.

>have
*had

Oops meant for

>British Grenadiers

Bait thread ? Bait thread !

This fuckers.

>mere mention of Britain
>bait

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The british were pretty damn good. Their original proffessional army in particular was probably the greatest fighting force of that entire period

Waffen SS

Maori, Hawai'ians, Samoans...their warriors had their differences, but they were minor; as to be expected of sister cultures. Best soldiers, either way.

i hate poles,but OP is right,Winged Hussars were great because they were great on the battlefield,but because they had the backing of a great economy like US soldiers and Roman, or because they had great leaders like Alexander or Genghis

Ghurkas follow the Dune line of thinking. Live in a horrible inhospitable place, and you'll naturally build the discipline and strength necessary to be a good soldier.

Cool guys, even if they are a meme.

>British grenadiers

Epic meme
18th and early 19th century British army was the worst in Europe, as proven by their deeds in the Seven Years War, the US Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars

American-Mexican War
Civil War

>civil war
>mfw americans literally believe they won a war against themselves
U guys sure are funny

>i hate poles
well, fuck you then

Gurkhas prior British training meant jackshit.

The only people they could bully were Tibetans. When the Tibbs asked Qing China for help, the Qings wiped the floor with them.

Twice.

zulu impi

Sikhs

>"If I had a hundred thousand Croatian soldiers, I would conquer the world!" - Napoleon I Bonaparte

I don't know. I'm going to have to go with based Nappy on this one.

Latvian riflemen

Everything above and below this post is unnecessary.

Scottish Blackwatch. Basically backpacker the British empire also Ulster-Scots are pretty fucking hardy

The American plains Indians were some of the best light cavalry in the world

The old contemptibles were pretty good I'll admit, but I think their forces suffered from the reduced restrictions on entry on the people who were getting conscripted because they had minuscule numbers compared to the continental ones

Why do swedes samefag?

>ulsterscots

Good shout I remember reading this quote.

General Robert E. Lee was once asked: "What race of people do you believe makes the best soldiers?" He replied: "The Scots who came to this country by way
of Ireland".

"it is doubtful if we fully realized the part played by this stern and virile people. They formed the kernel of that American stock who were the pioneers of our People in the march westwards. They were bold and hardy people who pushed beyond the settled regions of America and plunged into the wilderness as the leaders of the white advance. The Presbyterians were the first and last set of immigrants to do this: all others have merely followed in the wake of their pre-decessors".

President Theodore Roosevelt.

Quite ironic considering had Britain used its ulsterscot troops they might have won

They've been the most powerful country of Scandinavia for a few decades during the 17th century and now they think they're tough shit

So?

Spanish Tercios

What did the maoris do in ww2?

Fucked everybodys shit up,literally ate some germans. Rommel said he would have won the war if hed had the maori battalion

no armed forces ever could win as consistently lopsided as modern well equiped armies
if you don't have an equally advanced army to face it you get driven into guerilla warfare almost instantly

Which retexture mod is that?

The greatest soldiers are ones who've been blooded, and thus if you want a great army you have to have fought and fucked up some.

I'm no Wehraboo but if we're considering relative to the time period 1941 Wehrmacht was basically perfect, despite inferior materiel. Well trained, blooded yet victorious over two (maybe three or four depending) campaigns, an NCO corps that was easily the best in the world, and morale out the ass from being undefeated. Soldiers that feel invincible go a long way.

That changed after Barbarossa's failure gutted the NCO and veteran population.

Everybody claims Rommel said he could have won with a battalion of their country's troops.

>Germany's soldiers were good but their command was better
>Germany
>command
>in any way competent

yeah but that's his actual quote

not to mention amphetamine superpowers

They were mediocre.

Germans weren't the only ones using meth homie.

Leave voters