How old were you when you realized Satan is the good guy? Me? About 19

How old were you when you realized Satan is the good guy? Me? About 19

>Satan
>existing

Let me guess, New Testament fanfiction?

About the same time that I read about Prometheus in greek mythology and noticed very similar parallels between the two mythological figures.

So, like 15 or 16.

Satan is a sexual narcissist who's power is manipulating humanity into thinking he's their righteous liberator rebelling against the unjust authority of God, but as you come to know Satan on a deeper level, you will see that he is ultimately just a spoiled, petulant child throwing a temper tantrum and trying to drag all of humanity into his misery.

Who's Prometheus did you read about, Hesiod's or Aeschylus's?

Nailed it.

Remember, John Milton was a heretic. This became even more obvious later in life when he embraced non-Trinitarian Christianity.

God is for real a dick though, there is literally no possible way to be worse than him

ha-satan is never the good guy, unless, somehow you propose you are the bad guy. It's the adversary, whoever the adversary is to a particular set of circumstances. You're likely going to view yourself as the protagonist, or good guy, unless you're an anti-hero, but you're still star of your story. I think it's important to note, in the effort to maintain one's comfort, he acts in ways which could be considered adversarial to another, and this isn't an external formulation, but the will of one's own ego.

And no, don't try to pretend ha-satan is your ego. You are you.

God is misunderstood. It's humanity that turned their back on God, God never turned his back on us.

>please have eternal life
>NO YOU'RE A DICK

>Deliberately make a world in which the vast majority of everybody will suffer forever
>Not a dick

Pick one

I'd tend to agree with this statement.

>suffer forever

not with god

Belief in this whole system argues the point this existence here isn't the end-all, be-all, though. And like I said above, we're all working to make ourselves more comfortable, and provide comfort for those with whom we relate, with that which is in ourselves.

Except God isn't too clear on the matter. I mean we have Judaism, Christianity (all sorts of versions with different beliefs) and Islam.

Considering you tend to believe the one you were born in, it sort of damns a lot of people who end up being born in the wrong place.

>please have eternal life but you don't ever get to do any complex thinking
>yes that means your faith in me means nothing

Satan is definitely worse than God, but Eden was a false paradise.

Judaism doesn't actually seem to have much of an afterlife, or at least it didn't historically. That's something Christianity introduced into Semitic religion, it seems. Don't know what Islam's afterlife is like.

This is another failing of humanity, not of God. The faith of the Netzarim is the original faith that we have lost.

How can you be responsible for something if you were raised to believe in that from birth and all your authority figures taught you that it was what you should follow?

God doesn't give you perfect information to make decisions on. Ergo you do not have free will because you are too stupid to make the decision on your own.

Satan is piece of shit faggot who deserve no sympathy.

what's the point in complex thinking? and no that doesn't mean the faith means nothing

true paradise is living as one with god. eden had the tree of knowledge and also had the tree of life. god's intention was for man to eat from the tree of life, rather than the one from knowledge. ever since then man's struggle has been choosing between either 'tree' i.e. the body and the spirit -- one of which is turned to sinful flesh by satan, the other a source of life granted by god. the tree of life prefigures christ.

It's up to us to study theology independent of social subjugation. It isn't the fault of God if you choose to be a conformist and only believe what you are told without studying theological knowledge on your own.

humans have muddled god's message -- a part of satan's plan. the only solution is to turn to god himself for the answer

No. That is part of Zoroastrian effect on Judaism, and the evidence is the production of such works including that type of metaphysicality in the post-exillic era.

>Satan
>the good guy

I think you missed the point of Paradise Lost

So you are telling me, that if you were born in Afghanistan in some bum fuck village in the middle of nowhere with hardly any communication with Christians (or internet) in the first place, that you spontaneously convert from Muslim to Christianity without ever meeting a Christian in your life?

he isn't a bad guy. he's not even a guy.

opposing omnipotent beings is a silly job. he may as well be a prop.

And god doesn't do the same throughout the old testament?

The Netzarim bear the true faith of God, beyond Christianity, Judaism or Islam. People from all walks of life are drawn to the faith intrinsically, regardless of their circumstances.

Paradise Lost isn't scripture, though. It's not even as book of Enoch, which isn't canon to most of Christianity, but includes similar material. It's just a fiction work from an author with a given viewpoint.

Heaven is poorly defined but hell is vividly described in the Bible, you ever wonder why that is?

I know but I'm just saying. If OP is going to post an image from Paradise Lost, then claim Satan was the good guy, then I think he missed how it was making a point on unreliable narrators.

jesus and the saints are pretty clear that there is no suffering with christ

Lucifer in Paradise Lost is very clearly based on Apollo, particularly the myth in which he was cast out of Olympus by Zeus after killing the ancient Cyclops that forged the Thunderbolt of Zeus after Zeus killed Apollo's son Asclepius for defying the natural order of the Cosmos with his resurrections of the dead and prolonging of moral life. Lucifer as a word and as a figure doesn't even appear in the Bible until the Latin Vulgate translation of the Bible in the fourth century.

That's still kinda vague though, is it not?

You could define no suffering as non-existence as well.

no it's not

there isn't 'non-existence' in the bible

No, not at all. God only acts out of pure, incorruptible love in the Old Testament, which includes severe punishment.

I didn't think that far. +1 internets

It is Ezekiel 28. It is the periodic ha-satan, as per my post above. So, apparently is Lucifer, ha-satan. I do not believe this is all the same being as capitol S, but it may be possible there was influence?

Both Melqart and Lucifer are depicted as "men", not messengers.

If you want Prometheus, take Prometheus. Even if you don't like God, Satan is still a spiteful cunt.

Lucifer was just another word for Messiah in the Latin Vulgate. It did not exist as a term prior to that. Satan was the archangel Gadreel according the Book of Enoch, but there were several fallen angels that were referred to as "Satans".

It is the nature of Satan, the father of lies, to obscure his true name and his true identity.

>Lucifer was just another word for Messiah in the Latin Vulgate

sigh. Can't even be brought to post bait.jpg.

It's true though, Lucifer as a word wasn't in the Bible until the Latin Vulgate. Lucifer is purely an invention of Catholic theologians

God is a sexual narcissist who's power is manipulating humanity into thinking he's their righteous father against the unjust liberation of Lucifer, but as you come to know God on a deeper level, you will see that he is ultimately just a spoiled, petulant child throwing a temper tantrum and trying to drag all of humanity into his misery.

Imitating what I say is just petty back biting user.

You think that literally "morning star" means Messiah, and this is from the Revelation reverence? What about the fact Isaiah is written in Hebrew and there's a clear reference to an "anointed one" in chapter 45? Why didn't Isaiah call Cyrus a morning star?

I think because you're off track.

>Create a world in which no one will ever have to suffer.
>Your best bro decides to deliberately make himself suffer.
>You feel bad, but you love him, and it's not like anyone else would do that, right?
>literally everyone chooses deliberate suffering to be with you.
Okay.jpeg

The morning star is most certainly another term for Messiah. Each of these terms has a messianic connotation. Lucifer as an entirely individual figure did not emerge until the Latin Vulgate translation of the Bible.

I'd swap "Lucifer" for "Satan" in that sentence, and I don't know, honestly, when this convolution started.

Is the conflation from Luke 10 wherein Jesus "saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven"?

Jesus encountered Satan in :Luke 4. Why couldn't He have been referring to seeing him coming "a mile away" in that encounter?

There is only Satan. There is no Lucifer. Lucifer is a confusion in language of Satan.

When did we decide there's just some other name for Messiah in Isaiah? Was this in the 15th century, early English translations?

There have been multiple terms with messianic connotations since the original Paleo Hebrew translations user.

Anointed by God would be the primary one.

There is a person in Isaiah 14. It is a man. It is not a messiah, it is not capitol S satan. It is of the king of Babylon. Although, I would accept either actual man king and a metaphorical depiction of his fall, or man depiction of false god, lord of the city, Marduk.

Marduk is an Antichrist figure user

Antichrist is the spirit of that which denies Christ. Satan knows exactly who and what Christ is, there's no denying in his options. Further, Satan isn't antichrist because God is all powerful, and there's not any method of deciding some ethereal or metaphysical counter-force. Satan is just Satan, a being with a job to do.

And there's a spiritual being that rules over that man.

Satan will possess the antichrist and fight God. And lose.

You say that satan knows Jesus is the Christ without also referencing that everything satan says is a lie.

You think satan tells the truth? That Jesus really is the Christ, come down from heaven in the flesh?

kek

You don't know many liars, do you.

Having a real enemy who really hurts you, but denying he exists.

That's literally insane.

13, but as I got older I realized that I was just being an edgy faggot.

So what? Helel ben Shachar does appear, and that's the phrase that was mistranslated as "Lucifer".

It really means "Shining One, Son of the Dawn".

Angel

Satan = Lucifer = Devil = Father of Lies = Serpent = Dragon

Same angel.

The Holy Spirit is witness to all men that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Being born in a "christian" nation to a "christian" family who go to church is a huge advantage, but it's hardly a requirement, nor is it automatic salvation (as many here seem to think).

This.

The Holy Spirit put its finger up my buttthole and it felt good.

CRAAAAAAAWWWWLLLLLLLINNNGGGGG INNN MY SKINNNNNNNNN

I know.

People that believe in Satan, right? Top kek.

you know your following a pleb religion when it has the heaven and hell afterlife maymay

>people still don't believe God sends you to hell

Usually, "Satan" worshippers end up converting to Christianity maybe not church going Christianity but some form of Christian.

I'm not a Satanist and I'm not even saying you're wrong. I'm always open to new information and evidence. I would like to see some citations for that purely because I am fascinated by your claim.