on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Attached: arm.png (744x745, 657K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/vasilika85/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for best L'homme

Attached: 0001_23.jpg (515x728, 150K)

I'm a guy but my favorite scent to wear is Ambre Sultan.
Do I have the gay?

is this legit?

ebay.com/sch/vasilika85/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Attached: 26169572_1876201432691969_5556188214219871497_n.jpg (873x717, 34K)

wtf I love Eros now

Attached: eros.jpg (845x990, 56K)

Shoo troll, you post this every thread.

I unironically enjoy Eros and bought a 200ml bottle

how are you guys with scented candles?

Attached: byredo-tree-house-candle.jpg (980x878, 45K)

Anyone else have bottles you can't stand that completely disqualifies you from buying from a house/brand?

Amouage is back and forth for me, sometimes I hate the bottles and sometimes I love them.

Pic related though, I will never ever own. Even if the scent is perfect for me (okay fine, maybe a decant). I can't stand these tacky bottles/packaging though.

Attached: mugler-amen-ultra-zest-eau-de-toilette-for-men___14.jpg (756x719, 95K)

I like my sample of BdC EDP but the more I wear it the more I feel that the incense is a tad metallic and therefore not really suited for hot weather.
For a year round alternative, should I just get the EDT?

I perceive more incense from the EdT than from the EdP. However, I also see the EdT as more of a summer scent. It's the heavier woods and amber of the EdP that make it more of a mild weather scent to me. Ultimately you will probably want to sample both extensively if you're unsure and can only afford one. Personally, I love both and am hoarding large bottles of each.

Nice job Sherlock

threadly reminder that rochas man is the single best smelling fragrance in the history of mankind and it's not close. if you don't have it in your collection you're literally holding yourself back socially.

Tell me /frag/, what's that go-to scent of yours that you know will always get you the most positive attention – the one you know will always make a stellar impression. Could be your signature or most complimented or one you only break out for special occasions. Doesn't matter.

For me, AdG Profumo beats out everything else. Everyone, women or men, seem to love it. It gets more and better reactions for me than Aventus, BdC, Sauvage, etc.

Attached: nuit-homme-yves-saint-laurent-parfum-e1311772828440.jpg (560x738, 68K)

If its the bottle that no one( almost ) that smells you van see, then you are mentally retarded if that bothers you lmao

So I’m a noob to fragrances but I’ve sampled a fair amount and have read that one infograph that always gets posted so I think I kinda understand what works. But I’m having trouble choosing something to be my first fragrance. My main issue is I ask myself “when am I actually gonna wear this?” I’m a student at a university but I feel like wearing a fragrance to class is out of place and wearing one to parties would call for something different than something more formally suited. So I guess I’m just kind of looking for a really functional and versatile fragrance that is still somewhat unique. I’ve been researching Gucci Pour Homme II and it seems close to what I would want

>tl;dr: anyone have suggestions for a very versatile, functional, but still unique fragrance for a 22 year old man about to graduate from college

Might actually get a bottle for cosy autumn/winter walks closer to the autumn

La nuit de l'homme for me

what are your thoughts on this? worth it?

Attached: _101328383.jpg (587x900, 67K)

I don't really break out any scents for any occasions, but the two that seem to get positive reactions: L'homme and The One EDP.

I need to get a bottle of AdG Profumo. Really good scent.

SOTD lads? I'm wearing Habdan today that I got this week.

Doubt it.
I dont get any attention ;_;
>wearing a fragrance to class is out of place
nah do what you want. What have you tried sofar? GpHII is really weak just so you know but smells good.
Versatile stuff: most of the populair creed stuff (aventus MI SMW whatever) Sauvage Reflection Allure sport Extreme ADG profumo prada l'homme dior homme ysl l'homme bleu de chanel from the top of my head.

Reminds me a lot of Narciso Rodriguez For Him but much more expensive.

What should I get between Creed Royal oud and Tom Ford Oud Wood? Which one are better in your opinions?

I've heard its weak but I think i'd be okay with that because i dont want it to be super obvious im wearing a fragrance. maybe its just because ive never worn fragrances before but for some reason im just kinda self conscious about it. i tend to overthink shit like this

but thanks ill check those out!

as for stuff ive tried: i honestly really liked sauvage, tom ford noir, and bleu de chanel. i think i tend to like warmer spicier scents but still kinda light and easy going so nothing too intense

Attached: 1521503257570.png (5560x3312, 3.66M)

Now I remember what smells like Dylan Blue that makes me hate it so much. The scent is just too obnoxious.

Attached: 079400451743-1003415-png.png.ulenscale.400x385.png (400x385, 78K)

Are Perfumista legit for getting TF samples in the UK? I know they're in the OP post everytime but I'd like some confirmation if possible

Pleb nose with pleb frame of reference detected.

Enjoy your 50 dollar deodorant smell faggle

Attached: got em.gif (320x240, 698K)

I really like the Eau de Mandarine by Hermès because of its fruit notes, but I've also tried Voyage d'Hermès and I think it's a more conservative fragrance for a man in general. Any advice?

Attached: magicimage.phpimg2Fcatalog2Fgallery2FHermesamb101156.jpg (128x404, 9K)

voyages performance makes it a waste of money don't buy it

Might be cause I have a bad nose but most men's perfumes smell very similar to me, they all have this one "fresh" note that I don't really like. Eau de Mandarine is pretty different but I'm worried people are gonna get tired of me smelling like a citrus all the time.

My mom's house is littered with these everywhere.

I buy 1 every couple weeks to burn at my apartment when I'm there but I don't really care for them other than that

ALD's Russian Musk looks really tempting...

Attached: RM.jpg (1836x2232, 164K)

My only regret is not buying a bigger bottle of this.

Attached: download (1).jpg (194x259, 5K)

Voyage is gross. Smells like a Chaat shop. Candied citrus and cardamom. Nothing I'd want on my skin.

La Yuqawam is superior and cheaper.

Pacific Rock Moss is not as masculine as I hoped it would be

Its like a candy aquatic

voyage d hermes edp is one of the best parfumes. edt i dont like somehow though

>a really functional and versatile fragrance that is still somewhat unique

Attached: 375x500.31861.jpg (375x500, 24K)

I think I'm going to do a random situation and ask what would /frag/ do:

-Art party at café (highly informal) What frag would you wear? Is it more conceptual or seasonal for you?

Bottle honestly grew on me once I owned it. It's a nice grippy rubber with a nice button activation. Can't think of anything else like pure malt.

>for a very versatile, functional, but still unique fragrance for a 22 year old man about to graduate from college

Bleu is your gateway to the world of fragrances.

I think the edp can be pretty cloying on hot days, but it's perfect in spring

Aside note but consider that United dreams aim high clone. I'm wearing it today, and smells exactly like the edt minus some incense notes.

Go to a sephora and spend some time smelling stuff. Ask for samples of stuff you like and then come back and let us know what you like. Gucci is a good choice for what you ask for. I don't like to rec this because 1) current formulation has longevity problems on some and 2) I don't want my favorite becoming popular, but DG pour homme is one of my most versatile and favorite scents. Constantly overshadowed by the other releases. Perfect scent imo.

Post your collections lads.

Also, I'm looking to expand my spring and summer rotation. My current rotation is pretty citrus and fruit heavy, I'd like to expand it with more woods and florals, and other summer notes, but don't know where to begin. Suggestions on some good warm scents?

Attached: Screenshot_20180324-170932.png (1440x2560, 426K)

Everyone rank your favorite scents that you've owned, cheapies included:

rochas man> virgin island water > animale animale> chanel allure homme edition blanche> eros > versace bleu jeans > bleu de chanel> avon musk marine >diesel plus plus man > playboy pairs> set sail st. barts> navy> la nuit

Just blind bought Invictus and aventus creed, i did good? Also wanted to cop tobacco vanilla but idk, It is good?

I would stick with something like CDG (2, Hinoki, Kyoto) or MMM Soul of the Forest I guess.
It's more conceptual imo and depends on the type of that art/people attending.

if you don't personally like them then you just wasted way too much money.
if you're going to drop more than 100 dollars on a bottle, be sure to buy a sample first

Did you used any of the three? To be honest i just bought Invictus and aventus because if the shill

Does anyone else use Versace Eros here? The top notes seem to only last 3 hours, I can only smell the vanilla and shit afterwards. Is this normal or is my nose just getting used to the scent? I bought it from Sephora.

Oud Wood Intense is my new fav TF

Attached: B73DC14B-4AD2-4421-B4C1-8E287C82259E.jpg (2048x2013, 731K)

Became disheartened over the reviewers comparing it (negatively) to Siberian Musk, plus that absolutely insane price. Apparently poor sillage too.

CdG Black
or
Bois d'Encens.
Probably the former it's more black and white exhibition-gallery vibe.

smells like a smokers house to me I don't get the hype.

Is there a manly scent that uses potpourri I smelled a blend of roses hibiscus lavender and some other stuff.

Is there a scent that reminds you of a thunderstorm/ rainstorm?

Attached: storm-642614_960_720.jpg (960x640, 136K)

just copped part of an Oud Wood split myself

I'm proud of you

Probably getting used to it. It comes back stronger with body heat

Attached: daisy ridley 884383.gif (202x206, 950K)

fuck you nigger i bought a 50ml now

mefisto> nasomatto blamage> carla fracci hamlet> eros> penhaligon's endymion

Anyone else feel this is a super underrated fragrance?

Attached: 417aNciCqaL._SY400_.jpg (400x400, 20K)

It smells like a bunch of stuff, clean smell, nothing special about it

I hate Ultra Zest. It was a blind buy and just sits in my bathroom after being used once. With that said I really love Pure Havane so you can't really judge Thierry Mugler on one fragrance alone.

Asking a parfum to have an extremely heavy sillage is a moot point and some negative reviews are maybe biased because of failed expectations of a "beast mode" SM 2.0. And some negative reviewers are frankly up themselves and don't know much, compared to valid personal criticisms from people that do.

I bought this a couple of days ago and I really enjoy it. Now I'm tempted to buy more stuff, any tips?

Attached: 3365440375079-12.jpg (546x800, 43K)

I disagree with the first point. Sure, a lot of extraits are not projection heavy (disregarding the fact that these are in fact, eau de parfums and therefore are expected to be sillage strong), the previous generations were all extremely sillage strong. I have two bottles and tried samples from the two previous generations to prove this.
Also, your point about not trusting reviews- where does this end? You seem to be dismissing offhand reviewers who have personally tried the fragrances to justify your own conceptions about the fragrance. Sure, the hype may have influenced them, but having smelt Siberian Musk before makes them experienced about what the range was and only makes them more, not less, qualified to judge the newer releases, if anyone can.

I will say that on basenotes, the average feedback on Russian Musk has been average to negative. For a majority of the reviewers.

No they are all extraits 25-30%.

The reason for the first wave having more impact is because they contained more aromachems that we as a western audience have become accustomed to, which is another factor. If you actually recheck most of the harshest critics are coming around to the scent after trying it multiple times and taking time to understand. I am not dismissing them but at first there was a knee jerk reaction rather than an analytical one, kafka did it proper.

Is it good, though? Any other frags you could compare it to? From the notes, it seems like something I’d love.

I tried it out yesterday on skin, I fucking love it. My favorite Private Blend frag.

I'm going to be slated for saying this but I really enjoy Playboy Hollywood for its lavender, used it solely as a shower gel since the EDT wouldn't last long.
Is La Nuit a good alternative for evenings out in the summer? If I limited to one spray on the chest since it would get cloying in the middle of July where I live, even at night.

>frag tells me i will regret it
>frag says its overrated
>frag also tells me its shit
How could frag ever recover?

Attached: 1494718705239.png (1000x800, 285K)

>Post your collections
1/2
This is basically my final form as I'm almost out of space. Gonna cop that 1L Aventus, remove all fragrance shopping bookmarks from my phone, and find a new hobby.

Attached: IMG_20180324_171640.jpg (1600x1200, 861K)

2/2

Attached: IMG_20180324_171713.jpg (1600x1200, 764K)

Really loving eau sauvage rn even tho I have a bunch of other spring fragrances on deck I keep wearing this one. When I first tried it, I wasn't a huge fan of the soapy notes but now I love it.

YSL's L'Homme used to be my favorite fragrance but I put it on a week ago in the evening and I couldn't stand it. I'd be surprised if the bottle turned bc I store my frags properly and none of the others have done this. Considering trying Ultime or la nuit de l'homme to see if I like them better now

Attached: eau sauvage.jpg (300x300, 22K)

Damn this is a nice collection. Is pineapple vintage worth picking up?

Goddamn. Is that you, Jeremy? Is that a 1 litre of Creed?

>thousands of dollars of fragrance
>on a particle board shelf

depressing desu. buy real furniture now?

have you compared the edp to the edt? Which one do you like more?

Does this last longer than Versace PH?

PVI is one of three clones that I'd recommend without reservation, along with Rasasi La Yuqawam and Armaf Voyage Bleu. Really, really close to Aventus. I only want the big genuine flacon for autism reasons.

I copped the half liter of Royal Oud and it's a great feeling.

It's a hallway linen cabinet. My home is old but I own it outright and it's in a valuable real estate market desu.

Attached: IMG_20180325_110118.jpg (1600x1200, 757K)

Easily tens of thousands, I’d say.

I gotta get my collection better organized like this. Right now, I only have one shelf in my linen closet for frags, so I kinda just jam shit in wherever it fits. I’m moving to a bigger place soon, though, just bought a condo. Thinking of having my dad build me a cabinet just for my frags.

GPH ii is a fantastic choice honestly. I was in a similar boat where I'm in an evironment where obvious fragrance isn't really going to make me stand out in a good way. It's subtle but smells really nice and it's good to smell nice.

tea frags are great

Given what that other user said about a frag staining his olfactory nerves, I think Sauvage has done the same to me.
Been a week since I tried it out on my hand at a shop and I still get the faint whiff of it...

Is Reflection man that good? thinking of blind buying it

>Is Reflection man that good
yes
>thinking of blind buying it
If you know your taste well enough and the notes/reviews speak to you go for it I guess.

its good, might end up being better as it warms up. Its without a doubt a summer fragrance. Its so airy and bright smelling.

how is that insurrection 2 pure? It's a cheapie but is it worth wearing? Not looking for aventus like performance from a 20 buck frag obviously.

I always describe Insurrection as "if CK made Aventus". It's closer to the fruity side of the range, with a milder birch note than you get in CDNIM or Rasasi Zebra. The whole thing feels thin and washed out, though. It's like an Aventus eau fraiche. Good for an hour or two maybe. Certainly not a replacement or even in the same league as the real thing. I'd save the $20 and put it towards PV Intense.

I got the le labo samples at colette before they closed and CDG florabotanica and CDG 2 at Kadewe when I bought Concrete. The le labo solid is Rose 31

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 22.20.31.png (502x724, 709K)

I don’t see anyone disliking it. It’s not particularly distinctive, but it’s very clean, very versatile, and just smells good. I’d say it’s a pretty safe blind buy.

How is Full Incense? Thinking of picking it up.

This is a good fragrant
soap that last. Lightly
scented.

Attached: image.jpg (458x458, 28K)

anyone else use versace eros here? i love the vanilla but it smells pretty synthetic. almost reminds me of axe

A fragrance for women that's similar to roses? At the moment I use rose essential oil, but it doesn't last long.